Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

The Fame Popster 333
57 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

That's not true, YAI was released as a song 2011 the same year it was released as a single. 

I should've been clearer; it was officially released on BTW in 2011, but by the time it became a single in late August 2011, it'd been almost 1.5 years since she first performed it (June 2010). I exaggerated, but the momentum at the start of BTW was HUGE -- thus, being able to secure #1, #10 (3 days of tracking), #3 (promo single), #12 (promo single) debuts for pre-album singles -- but because of the sloppy rollout, the GP was tired of Gaga by summer.

From having Hair debut #12 in May to EOG stalling at #6 during its official run in June/July (and, ultimately, MTN outside the Top 20 by November) was a dramatic shift. You & I as the 4th single was unfortunate given those circumstances since it HAD been around, for both fans (tour performances) and GP (mainstream performances), and BTW had already dropped 3 months earlier. Despite its U.S. peak, Y&I was a really weak single for an era with so much hype / album with so much quality, IMO. 

It would've been a perfect promo single, though, since it would've shown the versatility of both BTW and Gaga, since she hadn't yet released a ballad, and the rock-influenced sound made EOG such a Radio hit. Fans would've been eager to purchase a studio recording, and again, if Hair debuted #12, Y&I would've been Top 6 easily. Then, a remix that summer with a feature could've gotten closer to the top like Katy's singles off TD had done all year long, and depending on the artist, we might have a strong recurrent song to track on streaming. :tea:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,732
5 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Who was the one who always said there is no way Chromatica has sold 2m?! :katy_pie:

It's how you measure a unit. If you use each country's individual SEA/TEA formula, it hasn't. If you use a blanket conversion rate, then yes. The former takes into account the different sales composition for each country.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,657
6 minutes ago, BenG said:

It's how you measure a unit. If you use each country's individual SEA/TEA formula, it hasn't. If you use a blanket conversion rate, then yes. The former takes into account the different sales composition for each country.

TEA ️ 

• paws up 1

12 hours ago, Andreu said:

@BenG i forgot to write both went on pr back then, 

@DeanClownchester here you have it,

No, @BenG and @Gagachartswere right, I meant TEOG on Spotify.

12 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

The Edge of Glory crossed 100 million streams on Spotify in August 2019.

31.08.2019: 100.868.789

Thanks. Hope Gaga has some activity and it gets to 200M by next year.

• paws up 2

8 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

8 hours ago, Ms I am a local said:

I’ve already seen quite a few TikToks using Judas as a sound on the videos in my for you page... Let’s hope for a rise in recurrent streams for this masterpiece!

8 hours ago, Andreu said:

It was the song that increased the most last week (and I didnt know why) :ally: hope it can only get bigger updates from there

8 hours ago, Applause said:

it's actually rising for past few weeks

Weekly Streams

605.709 (+46.851)
620.904 (+15.195)
742.337 (+121.433)

Also it seems like increase this week will be even better

7 hours ago, Swallow said:

Judas finally getting some justice? :bradley:

Judas deserves 300M streams on Spotify before year end

music video mv GIF by Lady Gaga

Great song and great MV. Only uglies hate Judas

• paws up 8

Pop-a-911-ster 29,655

Ticketmaster France sending mails to give Christmas presents ideas, buying tickets for your favorite artists upcoming shows, Gaga included on that mail, get dat promo, only to ask for a refund months later Chile 

Edited by ViviLittleM

Pop-a-911-ster 28,911
x3
55 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Daily Stupid Love appreciation post. I love it. And yes, Judas deserves more streams but Marry The Night deserves even more.

In other news, I'm getting COVID vaccine on January 11 th.

.yaas GIF by WE tv

spacer.png

• sad 1
  • lol 1