Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

1 hour ago, Fame Romance said:

I get your point but I prefer that she doesn’t go the basic way like Taylor/Katy etc did for quick lil hits (and yet Katy’s most memorable song is Firework which was not produced by Max Martin/Dr Luke), something stands out on Gaga's music is that it has always something new and doesn’t follow what’s popular at the moment which has given her a particular status and respect. That’s why everyone loves her smashes like Poker Face, Bad Romance or Shallow, she indeed has been less consistent in her big hit-making career through the years compared to some of her peers but when she comes back it’s always with a totally unique smash hit.

This, I know we were all collectively excited when we’d originally heard Gaga & Martin had worked together, but in all honesty at the same time, I didn’t like it because i’ve always felt that’s what separates Gaga from all the rest, she’s always had her very own approach to music and working with Martin was a step in a more basic direction.

• paws up 1

ROM will probably get to 3xPlat by the end of the year and 4xPlat in the long run. With MR reaching 4xPlat too, she'll have at least one Top 4, 4xPlat hit for each album. Very good stats. 

If only ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica could reach 2xPlat one day (which won't happen anytime soon :mess:), her catalogue certs would look perfect to me. 

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 12,807
20 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

I actually wonder if Pop radio touched SL at first just because of Max Martin :billie:

Yes 

I mean no one can say where the Max is on that song, and BL came out before and was smashing

Gaga herself said she sent him a very late draft 

I feel Interscope suddenly decided a bomb incoming so thought what can we do to help this song, and thus a credit was born... 

The whole song is just not her best, the lyrics basic, the concept of a ''stupid love'' is not understandable.. It really is like she wanted to make a mindless silly pop song that sounded like a Gaga song. 

I mean, as much as I like it.. The song itself gives the tea of  like a comedian on a sitcom parodying Gaga or smthn, like on the Simpsons she did that song :rip:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,364
5 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

or she has it and is an asymptomatic carrier

tumblr_nqwnoiVPEK1qafea7o5_250.gif

way worse :rip:

8 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

it's always the people who are being the safest that get it and the idiots who do whatever they feel like are fine :rip:

My experience tells me otherwise :icant: and I have to confess it's oddly satisfying

36 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Stupid Love was written with Max Martin... 

EDIT: i honestly don't even care about him. 

Written, not produced, he's a master in production, not composition.

A Popster Is Born 18,407
7 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Yes 

I mean no one can say where the Max is on that song, and BL came out before and was smashing

Gaga herself said she sent him a very late draft 

I feel Interscope suddenly decided a bomb incoming so thought what can we do to help this song, and thus a credit was born... 

The whole song is just not her best, the lyrics basic, the concept of a ''stupid love'' is not understandable.. It really is like she wanted to make a mindless silly pop song that sounded like a Gaga song. 

I mean, as much as I like it.. The song itself gives the tea of  like a comedian on a sitcom parodying Gaga or smthn, like on the Simpsons she did that song :rip:

Yes. We know, it’s basic and noisy but you like it:icant:

Edited by DonnieDarko

A Popster Is Born 12,807

Do we have an estimation of SL's SPS in America... If they don't certify ROM 2xPlat I think its true that they picked the basic certs then much later on they'll certify when they've reached their ceiling. Although I really doubt SL can ever go 2xPlat... But apparently NRO is so *shrug*

Popster for Sale 41,784
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Do we have an estimation of SL's SPS in America... If they don't certify ROM 2xPlat I think its true that they picked the basic certs then much later on they'll certify when they've reached their ceiling. Although I really doubt SL can ever go 2xPlat... But apparently NRO is so *shrug*

Is SL bigger than NRO?

41-Zcn-MU787-L-AC-SY355-2.png

Edited by ...