Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,722
7 minutes ago, Andreu said:

she should definitely keep her mouth closed more often but, she definitely is not a trump supporter.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7874103/lana-del-rey-witchcraft-trump

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45704579

_103643563_img_1472.jpg

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/9477931/lana-del-rey-responds-trump-voting-claim-tweets

Reveal hidden contents

I wouldn't say she's racist either (insensitive at most), but we can't prove that objectively

I felt like there were many people on stan twitter, forums etc that wanted to drag her, so they took this thing and repeated it and repeated it until many people assumed it was a much bigger issue it is. Almost like the broken telephone game, but done on purpose.

I agree with you 100% people are bandwagonning and it's ugly to see. Then she reacts in a messy way because she feels attacked and people use that to further humilliate/criticize her. It's very toxic. Not that I agree with her takes but why mob-attack her? People say they care about mental health but then on the same breath turn around and go "she has a lot of money so it doesn't matter if people abuse and ridicule her on the internet!". I'm done. 

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,722
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

The way Lana’s problems rn would be solved if she just had a PR manager that would double check political things before she posts them 

That's also true :mess:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

I agree with you 100% people are bandwagonning and it's ugly to see. Then she reacts in a messy way because she feels attacked and people use that to further humilliate/criticize her. It's very toxic. Not that I agree with her takes but why mob-attack her? People say they care about mental health but then on the same breath turn around and go "she has a lot of money so it doesn't matter if people abuse and ridicule her on the internet!". I'm done. 

Reminds of when Adele posted her infamous Jamaican look last year, and I saw many tweets saying "for a minute I thought it was Katy Perry and I was ready to drag her". Too many people judge actions depending on who does them and not on what they are, specially on Stan twitter  or celebs (which is not that deep) but I also notice this a lot irl which frustrates me tbh :katy_pie:. There are a lot of people actively looking for things to cancel an artist, and most times it does not work, but when it comes to Lana it did.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,722
1 minute ago, Ms I am a local said:

The not-so-much-of-a-hit hit ROM has crossed 270M views on YT + it has +300k comments. A win imo :oscar:

Pron Wink GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Blasphemy. We're not in a place to raise the bar so high girl we ain't stanning Miss Olivia Twist.

Deactivated 14,311
6 minutes ago, zcasx said:

There is definitely a fine line between a Pun on her name and actually assaulting her online imo. 

Popster for Sale 44,722
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Reminds of when Adele posted her infamous Jamaican look last year, and I saw many tweets saying "for a minute I thought it was Katy Perry and I was ready to drag her". Too many people judge actions depending on who does them and not on what they are, specially on Stan twitter  or celebs (which is not that deep) but I also notice this a lot irl which frustrates me tbh :katy_pie:. There are a lot of people actively looking for things to cancel an artist, and most times it does not work, but when it comes to Lana it did.

The level of sociopathy of using real issues like racism and homophobia as a weapon to hurt people they are jealous of/dislike for some reason... 

Not Funny Reaction GIF

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,722
3 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

There is definitely a fine line between a Pun on her name and actually assaulting her online imo. 

I didn't mean you guys specifically I was referring more to people on twitter who actually go out of their ways to attack her and stuff

Initially I was when I commented that I thought she wasn't a Trump supporter or racist but then I kinda went on a whim and sorry if I offended you bc it wasn't directed at anyone here.

Edited by zcasx

Moderator 17,119
45 minutes ago, Miaou said:

hihi

the fact you're seen as the Virgin Mary here 

the fact you actually play into being a Virgin Mary 

the fact you actually are the Virgin Mary here. 

You know, better than anyone that I'm neither holy nor virginal :billie:

• lol 1

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

I didn't mean you guys specifically I was referring more to people on twitter who actually go out of their ways to attack her and stuff

Yeah well people had an issue with my play on her name... so I think we all need to understand what a joke is vs what a real drag is. 

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

I mean we are doing better than the people on Twitter calling her kk-klana...:mess:

See now that is a mess.:icant:

• lol 1