Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 18,409
1 minute ago, artgagapop said:

i kinda like it but it was a non event to the gp, i don't think Shallow even went top 10 on Itunes after it?

giphy.gif

Yeah, I like the performance too. I don’t remember tho if it went high on iTunes afterwords, I was sleeping the whole next day. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
8 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

She should have launched ARUTW as a single and performed it at the grammys instead of that Shallow solo mess that no one cared about :icant: several countries had already moved on to ARUTW anyways by that point and shallow could still had a 2nd wind after the Oscars while ARUTW was growing. Her team doesn't really seem to get the concept that you can have 2 successful songs at the same time without killing the other :dean_scream:

yeah a good lot of countries were well into Shallow at that point - it was already a hit and nothing stopping it. Because Shallow seerved a Just Dance/Ava Max single tea and was taking ages to take off everywhere they just decided to focus on that until it peaked in USA. 

I suppose its different in streaming era, but now the streaming era has changed to the point where people try to get two hits going within two weeks of release - i dont htink in 2018 they were quite at that stage, more one official single and tow promo singles - ARUTW was abit like  the Sour Candy rollout - but with a vertical video, and it got organically picked up.

I remember it being weirdly (in a good way) bizzare for the time hearing a GODGA song on radio and on playlists at work (thats how weird it was when it started smashing in October),so they probably had no confidence in trying to push another single in main markets. Gaga was really not that hot in 2018 and it felt like to the GP they hadnt heard her since ARTPOP, her suddenly getting Ari'd wouldve been too big a transition

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Something was very much off about this night. She seemed soooo pumped on something - definitely wasn’t drugs but maybe it was just the post-Carino situation, she did not seem in the right state of mind. 

From what people were saying they broke up a day earlier.

• paws up 6
  • shook 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

Certs from North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Oceania for her song :ohhh: not everyone can relate :ally:

how can GODVA get certs from taiwan (and switzerland)... GODGA is long overdue these countries lol... MR must be like 4xPlat there and Taiwan stanned ASIB (and probably chromatica lbr)

Pop-a-911-ster 30,371
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

how can GODVA get certs from taiwan (and switzerland)... GODGA is long overdue these countries lol... MR must be like 4xPlat there and Taiwan stanned ASIB (and probably chromatica lbr)

Iirc, Ava went to Taiwan late 2019 for a performance and they gave her a couple certs while she was there.

• lol 2

btw i can't believe just years ago we were praying for MR to get a top 10 peak after the superbowl because it looked like that could have been Gagas last top 10 hit and hating on her for not making a video for the "streaming smash" the cure and just a few years later we are disappointed with SLs top 5 more then likely then not top 3 and has gotten 2 #1s in 2 years, times really changes :icant:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 2
  • lol 3

6 minutes ago, BenG said:

Grammy and Oscar Shallow vocals were really not it ngl :billie:

the fact that those vocals has soon 400m views and over 3m likes on youtube, the gp is a mess :icant:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,782
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Witness just had low peaks. Literally everyone knows Swish Swish and Bon Appetit, they weren’t as floppy as people think to be honest 

I can buy Swish Swish, but Bon Appétit? :katy:

tenor.gif?itemid=9570428

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
2 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

the fact that those vocals has soon 400m views and over 3m likes on youtube, the gp is a mess :icant:

they really live for the faux romance :icant:

A Popster Is Born 14,782
Just now, artgagapop said:

This interview having more views then certain artists mvs just because of that clickbait title :icant:

The origin of :oscar:

• yaas, gaga 2

A Popster Is Born 12,808
7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Witness just had low peaks. Literally everyone knows Swish Swish and Bon Appetit, they weren’t as floppy as people think to be honest 

A less successful version of ARTPOP and now probably Chromatica - Katy was the 2nd most global pop girl behind Gaga for that time.

Witness era looks floppy, but because of its global dance sound it makes it a very well rounded era... Witness was solid in Europe, successful in Eastern Europe, and did well in areas of Asia.

Witness has a lot of ww certs as does artpop as will chromatica - for both singles and album, the certs are like really low sales - but if the label choose to buy them it looks a lot more successful. for example both ARTPOP and witness have more ww certs than lemonade and on par with 1989.

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1