Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,745
17 minutes ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

I need interscope to FORCE Gaga to serve me GUY level sex appeal on a droplet feature. :ohyes:

19 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

They were always featuring or 'and' 

Interscope should force GODGA to do similar with a droplet and if it smashes add it to Chromatica. 

As much as I love the idea it makes feel really uncomfortable when you guys say "force" :awkney:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,824
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

As much as I love the idea it makes feel really uncomfortable when you guys say "force" :awkney:

cupcake GIF by Shaking Food GIFs

Spoiler

Lol, you know I'm joking sis :billie:we say force as in harshly persuade as we know gaga hasn't been that focused on music this year. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,812

unpopular opinion, but she really loved ARTPOP even though it's kind of a traumatic era for herself... I mean, she literally paid a MV from her own money (and what a video!) :rat:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,824
7 minutes ago, danwasd said:

unpopular opinion, but she really loved ARTPOP even though it's kind of a traumatic era for herself... I mean, she literally paid a MV from her own money (and what a video!) :rat:

Oh yeah definitely. She had all these plans and was acting like her own fan (picking terrible single choices, having no idea about charts). Originally she wanted to something really experimental with fan based low intensity promo, and Troy set out this massive promo run and took charge of the single choices because clearly they wanted something more safe and GP friendly after BTW.

A good example of this is the single choices changing multiple times. The label didn't want Applause, but that was the compromise. It you think about it or sounds commercial and has anthemic chorus, but it's still Gaga with its lyrics so lends itself to what she wants to do as an artist. At the time though it was seen as not strong enough in terms of GP connection in the era of pop girls and their bops. Stupid Love on the other hand is kinda the opposite in every sense apart from it sounds 'Gaga' and the GeePee and fan connection attempt completely failed past its radio friendliness. 

Now it feels like she played the commercial game a lot (altho SL as lead...) but isn't that passionate about it publicly. Sounds like she enjoyed making it from a procedural POV and promoting the mental health side but everything else seems like left to other people. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,812
1 minute ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

She also loves performing Aura for whatever reason. Idk why she does it’s so hard to perform live Lmaooo. 

What I find funny, because I don't think she really connects with the lyrics of the song :receipts: c44fd2b7c228840dac5f599b5638171e.gif

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,812
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Let’s be real, Gaga loves every song she puts out and would never slander one of them like other artists. She really puts the work into her albums. 

She’ll be 80 and performing Money Honey at Coachella. You’ll see!

But didn't she reportedly hate Telephone? :ohhh:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,824
1 minute ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

She didn’t enjoy the recording process and wasn’t satisfied with the final product of the video I think. But I don’t think she hates the song itself. 

1 of her best MVs and a stellar song and she's unhappy with that but choose SL as lead with that MV. Where has Gaga gone :overit:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 14,812
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I really don’t understand why people say this, I think she has grown to love the song. Maybe she didn’t like the recording process, but she’d never say “I hate that song, why did I make it etc etc” like some other artists 

It’s disrespectful to the producers, writers, artists featuring on the song etc. 

It was a honest question, don't come at me Ms. Malinda :nicki_scream:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
1 hour ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

It does get tedious especially on Twitter lol but at the same time people's definitions of 'dragging Gaga' are like pointing out SL flopped or that you didn't like something of hers.

Reading certain accounts on twitter is like they're a cult leader and they  only privately have candid opinions. It was awful when we left the old charts thread and they lost it with someone for simply saying she should've milked the ASIB era :rip:

I agree. I hate to repeteat myself since  I feel like I have said this 300 times but its still true and relevant: this fanbase struggles too much finding a middle ground between dragging all day or seeing her as a god (or in your words a cult leader).

4 minutes ago, Herrscher of Reason said:

She wrote it for Britney they denied it then she wanted the song back and Britney as a feature but they said NO. Then interscope threw Beyoncé on it for a hit after Videophone. Then the video didn’t meet her standards. The process was messy and stressful. 

I think this is what happened lmao. 

Chile if that amazing video didnt meet her standards, I cant imagine how it could

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,848
28 minutes ago, danwasd said:

What I find funny, because I don't think she really connects with the lyrics of the song :receipts: c44fd2b7c228840dac5f599b5638171e.gif

chile not the lyrics too when the instrumental itself was already bought :billie:

Popster for Sale 57,264

The way a Best MV Grammy win for 911 next year à la Joanne would really be the cherry on top for this messy era :abel_glow:

Spoiler

But they probably won't even submit it since they can't even claim the right song for the video :icant:

• sad 2
  • lol 4

The Fame Popster 467
6 minutes ago, danwasd said:

It's a sample :ohhh:

No it's not. If my memory serves me right, the producer was Zedd.

And while Zedd was working on the song with another band, Gaga overheard it and instantly loved it. She then bought the song from the band itself.

Back then, the band was kinda p*ssed that they have to gave Gaga the track cause I think owning the song themselves won't be profitable as compared to what Gaga was paying for it.

Gosh, Gaga was so badass back then. 

Edited by gagaxuan
  • paws up 1