Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 16,283
Just now, Andreu said:

And add a download code of the digital album so we can count them for the charts :lesson:

you won't believe me but I actually wanted to add that too (but didn't in the end :gaga-scream:)

• lol 2

4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

And add a download code of the digital album so we can count them for the charts :lesson:

What if they sold the cover for $10 but then if you add a digital album you get a $3.49 discount which is the minimum cost of an album to be eligible to chart, so then you'd be getting the album for free and it'd essentially be a bundle but following billboard rules

Edited by thetea
  • yaas, gaga 1

1 minute ago, Andreu said:

I want Chromatica to scratch a bunch more weeks in the BB200

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

for all I care, it can be #199 for the next month

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

If it doesn't get past Joanne, especially in the streaming era, then that is really bad

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,874
1 minute ago, thetea said:

What if they sold the cover for $10 but then if you add a digital album you get a $3.49 discount which is the minimum cost of an album to be eligible to chart

Shouldn't it be the other way round? Buy the album and get $3.49 off the cover?

A Popster Is Born 16,283
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

If it doesn't get past Joanne, especially in the streaming era, then that is really bad

joanne wouldn't get to 10 with chromatica promo

Edited by Applause
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,283
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

The best way to boost Chromatica is basically releasing new music. The way it would boost it well on Spotify

Yeah in streaming era its all about singles racking units, and sadly last one we had was 6 months ago

• paws up 3

1 minute ago, BenG said:

Shouldn't it be the other way round? Buy the album and get $3.49 off the cover?

But why would people buy the album again if they are buying the vinyl cover / vinyl. Wouldn't that mean they already have it. I meant it as like a bundle in a sense but following billboard rules. People want to buy a vinyl cover so if they sold that, then offer a $3.50 discount if you buy the digital album with the vinyl cover then it'd essentially be a bundle while following billboard rules.

1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

The best way to boost Chromatica is basically releasing new music. The way it would boost it well on Spotify

They could literally release like 3-4 remixes and it'd get boosted up like 20-30 spots

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,874

But why would people buy the album again if they are buying the vinyl cover / vinyl. 

To get the discount for the cover.

People want to buy a vinyl cover so if they sold that, then offer a $3.50 discount if you buy the digital album with the vinyl cover then it'd essentially be a bundle while following billboard rules.

Then you will be charging -$3.50 for the album, the opposite of what is needed to count as an album sale?

5 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

She doesn't want to release even the songs on the album, imagine a new music. :awkney:

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, BenG said:

To get the discount for the cover.

Then you will be charging -$3.50 for the album, the opposite of what is needed to count as an album sale?

If her team can just give me the damn cover sleeve for the vinyl for this and for TFM! Pack it up I’m done

Marvel GIF

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,827
12 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The way we're 90 spots below ANTI is iconic if you ask me:icant:

Just need some promo to stabilise. 

Spoiler

^^^^ that was an iconic quote about a song that was bombing hard that wasn't going to stabilise that was iconic to me :ohyes:

1 minute ago, BenG said:

No so for example if the vinyl cover was $10. When you add it to the cart, you get offered a $3.50 discount. With that $3.50 discount you are offered the digital album which is $3.49. $3.49 is the minimum amount of money to charge for an album to be eligible to chart on billboard. So basically you are still paying the same amount of money but getting a free album