Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

I didn't have the time to write the essay in the evening but since the discussion from 14h is still going on...

Probably, one of the main problems with the Chromatica era is that it happened in the last months when many of us have either been depressed, stuck at home, far from our friends, maybe stuck with a job that sucks or studying something that doesn't exactly make you happy, or unemployed and struggling to make ends meet. And that altered our perception of time, and made a week feel like a month and a month feel like a year.

Many people wanted, expected (or in some cases demanded, which I don't think it's a good thing) Gaga to be our ray of light that would bring happinness to our shitty lockdown lives. But the truth is that some of us need to learn the lesson for once and for all that we can't expect things that are as external as our favourite artists to be the thing that brings happinness to our lives. Besides, in an ideal word where Covid didn't happen, I am sure many of the people who are disappointed would not be as much, with an era that's a great album + 3 videos + a short tour, because probably we would be busier and time would not run painfully slowly.

And none of us can't say this was Gaga's fault 

• paws up 13
  • thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

I think one of the biggest issues is people only stan one person so when that one person isn’t actively doing anything they go a little stir crazy. I just love music so I’m always fed if an artist disappoints me I just focus on another.  

Exactly, there is so much amazing music to choose from. Gaga is not the only artist that has good music. Stan other artists who you like, discover new artists, listen to new songs and playlists while Gaga is on hiatus

• paws up 2

10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

we can't expect things that are as external as our favourite artists to be the thing that brings happinness to our lives.

Yupp, this is what I've been saying. You cannot expect a celebrity to bring happiness to your life. If you are, then that's an issue that you need help with. You cannot depend on a celebrity who does not know of your existence to make you happy and fill the void inside you. It's just asking for mental health issues and depression. 

• paws up 2

Gaga could've done a lot more in the situation, but we should be optimistic about it. We got a #1 single, and a #5 single from this era. All because of the fanbase. Gaga gave us 3 music videos, and a performance and 1-2 interviews, she also released remixes and the demos and instrumentals leaked! We should look at it in a optimistic sense, not a pessimistic sense. Next era, I'm sure she'll deliver

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

And the secondary that arises is most monsters, again, are stuck in their ways or are small minded towards other music than dance-pop.

OMG yes. There are so many genres they can explore and that they can grow and love. We are in a time where it's the easiest ever to find new music. It takes seconds to find new artists. Between 2016-2020 I wasn't as big of a Gaga fan due to her releases, I still supported it but I was interested in other artists. I listened to more 2000's R&B, Ashanti, Mariah Carey and others. Everyone should do the same and branch out their musical taste

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Not Ashanti out of all people. Ew.

But I agree with the rest of the stories. 

What? She made so many bops, and she's behind JLo's song I'm Real, which JLo coincidentally didn't sing on and "accidently" left Ashanti's vocals on

Just now, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

Crazy that fans of one of the most music-loving/ art-loving artists ever has someone of the most close minded fans. :icant:

Also crazy that she preaches kindness, yet we are one of the most passive agressive (mostly aggressive), petty and shady fanbases

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

If Gaga still has the same fiery energy since 2013. She will make up for it. A lot of mistakes/mishaps happened since 2018. I’m sure she’s even creating ideas for LG7 by now.

Hopefully. I really hope next era she delivers and comes through with what she wanted for this era. I hope she gets multiple weeks at #1, #1 single, she has lots of performances, interviews and music videos. She obviously wanted this era to be huge, BTW huge. It was her big pop comeback, but it never happened

• yaas, gaga 1

20 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Yeah I believe it was confirmed an hour ago. I did hear a lot that she wasn’t doing good - health wise before.

OMG what happened to her? 

17 minutes ago, Twitter said:

The way this fanbase and her yes man team is set up I doubt it. I rather her either have another DWUW R&B single situation but with no drama attached and a good video or collab more with artists that master other genres. She gains the experience and still proves her versatility. 

I've been saying for the longest time that Gaga would sound good on R&B. Second Time Around is R&B-esque and it was one of my favourite songs. DWUW was such a bop. She would suit R&B so well, especially if her and Ariana did another song together that was R&B or with the weeknd

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I just saw someone on Twitter say AJayll has been reported missing since late last year, is this true? She’s been completely silent since then

she was apparently reported missing on the 29th of Dec. I really hope this is a rumor. 

• sad 7