Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,832
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Wtf is MMM 

it was supposed to be a tease of an apple podcast but how we'd have ever guessed radio show from 3 M's i don't know :billie: 

in my fantasy that was a rouse and Apple told ms. roslia off for her spil and Gaga was actually going to do an Evermore/Foklore experience but the Monday after :billie:

• shook 1

Moderator 17,129
Just now, Krazy said:

Performances don't do sh!t nowadays on the charts, at most, 2 days of boost on iTunes to sell a few thousand more copies. We just wanted Gaga's performances cuz it's her trademark during her eras, however, the focus on streaming and radio (which matters for charts today), there was NONE.

Learn to better interpret what I say, it's not that hard

You can spare me the attitude. I'm an adult and I would like you to behave like a moderately well adjusted adult as well.

Also, wasn't Shallow at the Oscars such a massive performance that it literally revived a song that was mostly done on charts? Didn't it even help on radio to give Gaga her biggest radio peak since Applause?

Yeah, performances will do sh!t :billie:

1 hour ago, donatellab said:

Well I have a new member on my special list after reading this mess

I'm the one who thanks you, the less ignorant people coming out of nowhere to quote me, the better x

5ZujovJ.gif

A Popster Is Born 12,832
2 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

Y'all be writing nonsense sometimes... From the both sides. One acts like Carter didn't sabotage/exploited her. And the other one being an obnoxious :cupcake:. Can we go back to tracking Shallow now 

And Bobè as Gaga's manager isn't sabotaging her (pop side of things) and exploiting her to get closer to f words?

IMG_20190704_012342.thumb.jpg.93f0236ccc

Spoiler

jk jk 
IMG_20190704_012342.thumb.jpg.93f0236ccc

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • lol 3

4 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

You can spare me the attitude. I'm an adult and I would like you to behave like a moderately well adjusted adult as well.

Also, wasn't Shallow at the Oscars such a massive performance that it literally revived a song that was mostly done on charts? Didn't it even help on radio to give Gaga her biggest radio peak since Applause?

Yeah, performances will do sh!t :billie:

If you want to be treated with respect, then treat me the way you would like to be treated, don't get rocks on me because I know how to fight back.

And there is no point talking about the Oscar because it was literally the musical event of the year, it had greater repercussions than all the other musical awards combined and everyone was waiting for the performance of Gaga and Bradley on that stage. An event of this magnitude will not be matched again for a long time, not even by Gaga herself.

5ZujovJ.gif

ARTPOPster 1,642
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

If you want to be treated with respect, then treat me the way you would like to be treated, don't get rocks on me because I know how to fight back.

And there is no point talking about the Oscar because it was literally the musical event of the year, it had greater repercussions than all the other musical awards combined and everyone was waiting for the performance of Gaga and Bradley on that stage. An event of this magnitude will not be matched again for a long time, not even by Gaga herself.

5ZujovJ.gif

You keep moving the goal posts when you lose your arguments.

• thanks 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,904

Longest running female singles ever in the UK :

1. Sia - Chandelier (114 weeks)

2. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You (107 weeks)

3. (+1) Lady Gaga - Shallow (93 weeks)

4 (-1) Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (92 weeks)

5. Jess Glyne - Rather Be (90 weeks)

Gaga enters in the top 3. And still in the top 75 in its 93th week. 

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,393
2 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Longest running female singles ever in the UK :

1. Sia - Chandelier (114 weeks)

2. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You (107 weeks)

3. (+1) Lady Gaga - Shallow (93 weeks)

4 (-1) Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (92 weeks)

5. Jess Glyne - Rather Be (90 weeks)

Gaga enters in the top 3. And still in the top 75 in its 93th week. 

Coming to end Mariah soon :happydance:

Do you know the longest running single overall??

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,904
Just now, Andreu said:

Coming to end Mariah soon :happydance:

Do you know the longest running single overall??

above sia :

1. The Killers - Mr.Brightside (251 weeks :rip:)

2. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (166 weeks)

3. Ed Sheeran - Perfect (156 weeks)

4. Frank Sinatra - My Way (134 weeks)

5. Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire (125 weeks)

6. George Ezra - Shotgun (121 weeks)

7. Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud (118 weeks)

8. Sia - Chandelier (114 weeks)

• paws up 2

55 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Taylor performed at the CMAs for Betty but i don’t think she’s done anything else for her last 2 albums if it wasn’t a pre-recorded documentary. like I said..member is clearly ill and needs to popa911 :mess:

"A pre-recorded documentary"

Reality: A documentary on one of the most popular streaming platforms of the moment in the US, Disney+.

At No. 2 on the new Billboard 200, the original Broadway cast recording of Hamilton: An American Musical surges to a new peak, as the album vaults from No. 14 with 102,000 equivalent album units earned (up 294 percent). Of that sum, 32,000 are in album sales (up 592 percent).

The album is basking in the glow of the July 3 Disney+ streaming premiere of the filmed version of the Broadway stage show, with most of the original Broadway cast.

5ZujovJ.gif

Popster for Sale 41,936
8 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’m kind of disappointed the performance isn’t 24 minutes like they first reported but I’m just relieved it will have some sort of live audience 

Pepsi wouldnt double his airtime for no extra benefit. It’s way too expensive. A 30-second ad costs more than $5 million, on average. :sweat:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,850
12 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Doesn’t even need to perform at the Super Bowl to make this a smash already happening 

I dont get how this song is doing better than In Your Eyes when IYE was the follow up to BL and IYE is a lot better and not that far from Album Release..

was it the Grammy Controversy??? cause I don't think that creepy face is enough to make it smash

• paws up 1