Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,892
12 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’d rather Gaga cement her legacy with a Nobel peace prize sometime in the future rather a quick grammy for best pop solo “because she did promo”

Tell The Tea GIF by Dreezy

Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Tell The Tea GIF by Dreezy

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

What I find funnier is that these users making long texts trying to explain that Gaga has become a government minister and WHO secretary and that she forgot that she is a musician are the same ones who love to call her "fad" for not reaching the numbers they expected she would hit.

Each joke has a little bit of truth.

5ZujovJ.gif

Edited by Krazy
  • thanks 1

Just now, Delusional said:

When have I ever called her a fad? I’m one of those people your referring to yet I’ve also been labelled a cupcake by some users. What is the truth?

I didn't mention you, so why did you feel offended? Heavy conscience?

5ZujovJ.gif

Popster for Sale 41,892
1 minute ago, donatellab said:

well she did drop the lyric video unannounced and we still have 2 hours to go if we want to be delulu :icant:

My heart skipped a beat chile :mess:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Also - I’d like to point out that whenever she has done philanthropic work this past year IT HAS ALWAYS, ALWAYS been linked to music. So the argument that she’s forgotten about being a musician is a lie.

Linked to the music but never linked to HER music

5ZujovJ.gif

• paws up 1

Katy promotes her shoe brand, promotes vinegar brand in which she's a partner and still finds time to promote her music (not saying it works, but at least the girl tries).

There's no excuse for what Gaga does.

5ZujovJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Because it would look self indulged to be promoting your own music while people are worrying about their rights

So I think someone forgot to say that to the rest of the music industry last year.

5ZujovJ.gif

A Popster Is Born 12,829

The charity and acting is all part of wanting to brighten her star, and expand her legacy. So in a way, she very much is motivated still - its just that shes done the whole pop thing. she wont act like dua or ava, shes passed that.

ARTPOP taught her that if you do do the pop star thing for too long, you risk ending up like Katy or Kesha. Thats why she got the Tricon award at VMAs, for example. its pushing that narritive.

there wont be the run of the mill eras aimed at f words and GP alike, no. We have to accept that. But, on the flipside they really showed they didnt care this year, and aside from that, they are happy with the peaks and sales chromatica/ROM got. Which gives team Gaga even less reason or motivation to promote rn. ROM was what the entire era was put on when plans got scrapped.

she doesn't want to promote and her team dont want to do anything to help the album = us unhappy. its just frustrating. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 5

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Yep. Precisely right well done. Are you forgetting when Gaga got slander for celebrating Chromatica release? Gaga is the sort of person to feel bad about something like that and wouldn’t want to repeat. 

Will the fact that Gaga promote or not promote her music stop people dying from this virus? No, it's not in her hands, what she could do, she already did, and she did more than the rest of the entire music industry added up. She's not a doctor nor a government secretary, she is a singer, so I think it's time for her to focus on what brought her into the spotlight and what God gave her, her talent, for the music. 

5ZujovJ.gif

• paws up 2

1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

The charity and acting is all part of wanting to brighten her star, and expand her legacy. So in a way, she very much is motivated still - its just that shes done the whole pop thing. she wont act like dua or ava, shes passed that.

ARTPOP taught her that if you do do the pop star thing for too long, you risk ending up like Katy or Kesha. 

there wont be the run of the mill eras aimed at f words and GP alike, but they really showed they didnt care this year and were happy with the peaks chromatica got.

she doesn't want to promote and her team dont want to do anything to help the album = us unhappy. its just frustrating. 

I just don't understand why they can't do things that don't involve gaga. Like promoting 911 or SFA to streaming or/and radio to take advantage of the mv/ad. Gaga could focus on more imporant stuff while her team manages her music :pillow:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,386
16 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Will the fact that Gaga promote or not promote her music stop people dying from this virus? No, it's not in her hands, what she could do, she already did, and she did more than the rest of the entire music industry added up. She's not a doctor nor a government secretary, she is a singer, so I think it's time for her to focus on what brought her into the spotlight and what God gave her, her talent, for the music. 

5ZujovJ.gif

Just because you’re a fan doesn’t give you any right to control her ya know. She’s not a f-ing plastic doll (:billie:) who does what you want, she’s an independent thinking with control over her own career.

Thanks for your completely irrelevant opinion on what Gaga should do with her time :door:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,642
8 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Katy promotes her shoe brand, promotes vinegar brand in which she's a partner and still finds time to promote her music (not saying it works, but at least the girl tries).

There's no excuse for what Gaga does.

5ZujovJ.gif

So? Every artist chooses how they want to promote and Gaga chose not to. You can also compare her to other artists who also don’t promote. It is what it is. It’s disappointing that this is how it ended up being. There’s always going to be an artist that is going to be on top of their promoting game so this cherry picked argument will always “win”.

• paws up 2

4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Whats gives you the right to dictate what she does with her career tho

She's only where she is today because of her music and because of us, her fans. Without an audience, there's no superstar, so I don't think it's fair for her to toss her music to the corner when that was the reason why we we know her today.

5ZujovJ.gif

• lol 1

4 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

I just don't understand why they can't do things that don't involve gaga. Like promoting 911 or SFA to streaming or/and radio to take advantage of the mv/ad. Gaga could focus on more imporant stuff while her team manages her music :pillow:

Because she doesn't have a team but a group of friends, there's no separation, that's why it's such a mess. Gaga loves Bobby because he's a friend, not a manager (even though he gets paid for it), and hates Troy, because he was a manager, not a friend. She doesn't know how to separate things.

5ZujovJ.gif