Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,858

N.E.ways, bundling doesn't really make sense past the first few weeks. The early days is all about volume to chart high, after that it's about maximising profits. Why sell an album at $3.99 when people are still buying at $9.99, for example. You're leaving money on the table.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

Not selena's fault, but the fact the first lines of rhe song are "I don't know if you speak spanish but having oral sex without understanding each other is better" :rip:

Bad enough to make you wanna skip the whole song

And the fact later selena plays along saying "I don't understand much but come" :rip: a cringe 

Edited by Andreu
  • shook 2

5 minutes ago, BenG said:

N.E.ways, bundling doesn't really make sense past the first few weeks. The early days is all about volume to chart high, after that it's about maximising profits. Why sell an album at $3.99 when people are still buying at $9.99, for example. You're leaving money on the table.

Who's buying tho? Chromatica may leave  BB200 in the next updates. A few thousand copies do wonders for an album's position on the charts in the current low-selling state in the US. :classic_rolleyes:

If she doesn't want to promote her own album, then Bobby, as her manager, should at least do his job and make sure the album doesn't leave the charts due to a few copies. :classic_rolleyes:

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 11,572
1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Just when I was going to ask for Vivi’s bank account number. Lmao. 

Well, why didn’t you ask earlier? I just paid $250 for some cookies from across the ocean. 

Well, so I know where to look for a sponsor when Chromatica Tour will finally happen :abel_glow:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,858
10 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Who's buying tho? Chromatica may leave  BB200 in the next updates. A few thousand copies do wonders for an album's position on the charts in the current low-selling state in the US. :classic_rolleyes:

If she doesn't want to promote her own album, then Bobby, as her manager, should at least do his job and make sure the album doesn't leave the charts due to a few copies. :classic_rolleyes:

Do you think Interscope, as a business, cares more about charting at #150 or 100% more dough? Please :mess:

Popster for Sale 41,858
1 minute ago, PanPikus said:

Well, so I know where to look for a sponsor when Chromatica Tour will finally happen :abel_glow:

Bag the VIP M&G while you're at it :abel_glow:

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 57,272
30 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Not selena's fault, but the fact the first lines of rhe song are "I don't know if you speak spanish but having oral sex without understanding each other is better" :rip:

Bad enough to make you wanna skip the whole song

And the fact later selena plays along saying "I don't understand much but come" :rip: a cringe 

What where does she talk about oral s€x? :rip:

A Popster Is Born 12,825
54 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The way y’all want Gaga to serve

taytaypizza.jpg?w=640

Absolutely 

Oreo Cookies should've come back in summer with either album bundle or ROM CD/Download... It would've possibly scraped the 5-6 weeks t10 it truly deserved and given the album a 2nd week #1 it deserved 

I feel like that would make a huge difference this era... If the album had been a multi week #1 and ROM stayed 6 weeks t10 (which wasn't even that hard to obtain anyway, but was never considered by her team) 

7 minutes ago, BenG said:

Do you think Interscope, as a business, cares more about charting at #150 or 100% more dough? Please :mess:

The situation here is, as you said yourself, profits only matter in the first weeks, due to high sales volumes. At this point, they have nothing left to lose by reducing the price of Chromatica in a bundle, because:

1. They already did that on iTunes

2. The profit would be equaled or even exceeded with a bundle, even with the price reduction:

Ex: 1k pure copies sold (which Chromatica usually sells per week) for $9.99: $10k

2.5k pure copies sold (boosted by the bundle) for $3.99 each: $10k

See? They would profit anyway.

Popster for Sale 41,858
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

The situation here is, as you said yourself, profits only matter in the first weeks, due to high sales volumes. At this point, they have nothing left to lose by reducing the price of Chromatica in a bundle, because:

1. They already did that on iTunes

2. The profit would be equaled or even exceeded with a bundle, even with the price reduction:

Ex: 1k pure copies sold (which Chromatica usually sells per week) for $9.99: $10k

2.5k pure copies sold (boosted by the bundle) for $3.99 each: $10k

See? They would profit anyway.

In your analogy, Interscope lost 1k * ($9.99 - $3.99)  = $6k of profit in the long run.

By slowly reducing album price, they maximise profits.