Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Moderator 3,690
15 minutes ago, Krazy said:

No one will beat Gaga's SB and I think The Weeknd still doesn't have enough hits to perform on SB :awkney:

Gaga performed 7 of her own songs during the Super Bowl so lets take this as the amount of hits that a person needs to have even though Gaga performed Million Reasons which hit top 10 after the performance. Currently Weeknd has 5 #1 hits in the US where he is the lead singer: Heartless, Blinding Lights, Starboy, The Hills, Can't Feel My Face. He has another 6 top 10 hits to add to this. Also Save Your Tears is building momentum so to claim that the Weeknd does not have enough hits is a little Krazy. 

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

Moderator 17,129
Just now, Delusional said:

So if Gaga featured on a huge 40 week smash y’all wouldn’t consider it her song? 

nice to know for future reference if we get Adele ft. Gaga or Cardi ft. Gaga 

Just like Videophone isn't Gaga’s song or Chained To The Rhythm isn't a Skip Marley song. 

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

Just like Videophone isn't Gaga’s song or Chained To The Rhythm isn't a Skip Marley song. 

Who sang Chained to the Rhythm? 

Moderator 3,690
8 minutes ago, Krazy said:

A hit for me is a song that reaches the Top 10, and he only has 11, the lowest number of Top 10 hits among all the pop artists who have performed on that stage before. 

It's not his time yet, but it's what we have on the table. :awkney:

Also before Gaga performed at the superbowl, she had 13 top 10 (counting Dope which is almost unknown by the GP) hits which is only two more than the Weeknd. So are you saying that if for example Judas had hit only 11 and Dope was not counted then Gaga should have not been allowed to perform at the SB?

Moderator 17,129
Just now, Bakugo said:

Who sang Chained to the Rhythm? 

Katy, which means it's her song not the song of the featured artist Skip Marley, same with The Weeknd on Low Life who is just a featured artist not the lead artist.

Pop-a-911-ster 39,394
1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Is Rain On Me not an Ariana song too? 

Technically that’s a deut and not a feature 

edit: Hence 

Rain on Me - Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande and not

Rain on Me (Feat. Ariana Grande) - Lady Gaga

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Technically that’s a deut and not a feature 

edit: Hence 

Rain on Me - Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande and not

Rain on Me (Feat. Ariana Grande) - Lady Gaga

So a duet is both their song but a feature isn’t? 

A Popster Is Born 14,831

It's more of the GP's perception than if someone's lead or feature. Like, for example, most of David Guetta's songs are not known as his songs. Titanium is a Sia song, even though she's a feature. :oscar:

Edited by danwasd
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,394
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Even if it’s a feature she added something to the song. Gaga would have asked her to participate on this journey. It’s like saying ROM isn’t a Bloodpop song cos he’s not credited in the title - he produced it for gods sake. Same situation with Future and Abel.

4 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

So a duet is both their song but a feature isn’t? 

Damn don’t come at me y’all I was just technically saying that it’s a duet not a feature, I don’t even know what y’all are arguing about, I’m just posting chart facts:billie: pls love me 

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Damn don’t come at me y’all I was just technically saying that it’s a duet not a feature, I don’t even know what y’all are arguing about, I’m just posting chart facts:billie: pls love me 

Not my HG rage still being around let me check myself! That did come off bad it was meant to be a light hearted question :icant:

• lol 1