Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
8 hours ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

OMG 

time to get hyped :pillow:

Spoiler

I’m honestly scared for this week, if nothing happens on Friday and during The Show, then the era is truly over and they just abandoned it. 

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
9 hours ago, thetea said:

I don't like BLACKPINK's titling for everything. THE ALBUM, THE SHOW. It sounds like an attempt to seem grand, but it doesn't come across to me well. Is it just me? 

It can be very confusing sometimes, especially if people don’t know BP and are confused what album or show others talk about

Moderator 3,690
2 hours ago, Andreu said:

Wake Me Up back to the spotify top200 WW 

shocked oprah winfrey GIF

#199 / 670k

Love to see the most impactful dance track of all time reentering, now stream

Andreu, do you prefer Levels or Wake Me Up? 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
7 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

Andreu, do you prefer Levels or Wake Me Up? 

Wake Me Up. Levels is an amazing dance club oriented track, but Wake Me Up goes a step beyond since it was a really innovative move at the time, has amazing lyrics and still sounds fresh to this day (something I can't say about Hey Brother, for example)

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
9 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The SelGod Spanish Queen slander is too much

spacer.png

I think the song is kinda cute

giphy.webp

but this doesn't take away the fact it tanked (even tho it's annoying her team is moving to the next thing without giving the song a bigger chance) and it's nothing groundbreaking new or as good as the people who only listen to anglohpone music think it is

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popster for Sale 57,264
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Wake Me Up. Levels is an amazing dance club oriented track, but Wake Me Up goes a step beyond since it was a really innovative move at the time, has amazing lyrics and still sounds fresh to this day (something I can't say about Hey Brother, for example)

I think the opposite 

Levels >>>> Hey Brother>Wake Me Up but they’re all queens 

smilega.jpg.4cb8e675e6e3f35ea09a2a3ab4b3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
Just now, Fame Romance said:

I think the opposite 

Levels >>>> Hey Brother>Wake Me Up but they’re all queens 

smilega.jpg.4cb8e675e6e3f35ea09a2a3ab4b3

I don't know, maybe if Hey Brother was the lead I'd see it differently, but besides our opinions on the song, fact is that Wake Me Up was really a groundbreaking song that changed the EDM landscape (and kinda was the peak of the EDM golden age). And the way this song went from being booed at when Avicii debuted it in March at UMF Miami to being one of the biggest songs of the year (and one of the biggest dance hits of all time) because he really believed in that sound and thought it was good enough to push it makes it even more special.

I still remember the day I listened the final version of the song on a radio rip from Pete Tong's BBC Radio 1 programme someone uploaded in youtube and wheeeew I remember thinking "this is something new, this is something that's gonna be danced tofor decades" and for once I was right :oscar: I feel like part of the reason why I like it so much is because it brings me back to that moment, maybe if I had that moment with Hey Brother I'd see things differently.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
3 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Without you > all of them smilega.jpg.4cb8e675e6e3f35ea09a2a3ab4b3fecc.jpg

I totally agree. It's a shame he only released officially the radio version and not the full 6min long mix he used as the intro during his last tour. At least, since he shared the stems we have studio quality versions of that.

1 minute ago, Miaou said:

Avicii is GOD

I have his album and it’s so good 

not you saying this as if he only had one album :lesson:

• thanks 1

Just now, Andreu said:

I totally agree. It's a shame he only released officially the radio version and not the full 6min long mix he used as the intro during his last tour. At least, since he shared the stems we have studio quality versions of that.

not you saying this as if he only had one album :lesson:

there is a 6min version? :dean_scream:

A Popster Is Born 12,824
36 minutes ago, donatellab said:

time to get hyped :pillow:

Reveal hidden contents

I’m honestly scared for this week, if nothing happens on Friday and during The Show, then the era is truly over and they just abandoned it. 

When have BP ever surprise released? I'll give it today and it no announcement or teasing its definitely not coming... If it exists I feel like it'll get the full shablam... 911 was solo gaga so that was different 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
1 minute ago, artgagapop said:

there is a 6min version? :dean_scream:

him playing it live 

the remake

I hate how the released version of without you doesn't do justice to how epic the song is because its too short

• yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 57,264
13 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Without you > all of them smilega.jpg.4cb8e675e6e3f35ea09a2a3ab4b3fecc.jpg

Oh yeah forgot about that queen :oscar:

10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I don't know, maybe if Hey Brother was the lead I'd see it differently, but besides our opinions on the song, fact is that Wake Me Up was really a groundbreaking song that changed the EDM landscape (and kinda was the peak of the EDM golden age). And the way this song went from being booed at when Avicii debuted it in March at UMF Miami to being one of the biggest songs of the year (and one of the biggest dance hits of all time) because he really believed in that sound and thought it was good enough to push it makes it even more special.

I still remember the day I listened the final version of the song on a radio rip from Pete Tong's BBC Radio 1 programme someone uploaded in youtube and wheeeew I remember thinking "this is something new, this is something that's gonna be danced tofor decades" and for once I was right :oscar: I feel like part of the reason why I like it so much is because it brings me back to that moment, maybe if I had that moment with Hey Brother I'd see things differently.

Yeah I personally have more memories attached to Levels (clubbing etc.) and Hey Brother since I find it's a very touching song, I remember I almost cried when I first head it gaga_hug_reaction_v4.png

Moderator 17,127
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Yeah I personally have more memories attached to Levels (clubbing etc.) and Hey Brother since I find it's a very touching song, I remember I almost cried when I first head it gaga_hug_reaction_v4.png

On the topic of emotionally devastating songs: Sober by P!nk made me a wreck :bradley: