Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

8 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Ariani going through her “flop era”

spacer.png

I'm happy for her, but i have no idea how positions or 34+35 are both doing better then ROM on the charts when ROM is clearly both the better song and video and should have had 2 fanbases behind it :mess:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
10 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

I'm happy for her, but i have no idea how positions or 34+35 are both doing better then ROM on the charts when ROM is clearly both the better song and video and should have had 2 fanbases behind it :mess:

Ariola stans didn't help us wbk

FF735518-CEC3-46-A4-BF59-1805-F5-ADF73-C

A Popster Is Born 12,827
16 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

34+35 is doing better in streams but its not translating to charts (sans US), especially WW. Which I find weird when songs do well on Spotify and it doesn't show charts wise. I agree I feel ROM should've performed like positions on Spotify and had much more longevity on charts. There wasn't a lot of countries where ROM lasted 20 weeks.

To be fair, she didn't get the same Spotify support at all. Ari's songs are kept high on playlists, ROM fell below SWU on many local playlists which was just wrong. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,819
3 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

34+35 is doing better in streams but its not translating to charts (sans US), especially WW. Which I find weird when songs do well on Spotify and it doesn't show charts wise. I agree I feel ROM should've performed like positions on Spotify and had much more longevity on charts. There wasn't a lot of countries where ROM lasted 20 weeks.

To be fair, she didn't get the same Spotify support at all. Ari's songs are kept high on playlists, ROM fell below SWU on many local playlists which was just wrong. 

Well, Ms. 69 has been a kinda viral sound for quite some time now on TikTok

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

Anuel and Ozuna's joint album Los Dioses did 8,73M on its first day, which is way less than their last solo albums did respectively. Honestly, I don't see any reason behind this other than the fact the audience didn't like it, because it's not that it was not hyped. On the other hand it had a great hold on the second day.

For reference, here are the first day of the most relevant urban music albums of 2020, and you'll see los dioses did less than any of them:

J Balvin - Colores 24M

Bad Bunny - YHLQMDLG 61M

Ozuna Enoc 11 M

Anuel AA - Emmanuel 18M

Bad Bunny - El Ultimo Tour 75M 

Maluma - Papi Juancho 12.2M

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
4 minutes ago, donatellab said:

hey besties, Sour Candy weak is officially here

spacer.png

more like the Chromatica remix album launch week