Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Just now, Bakugo said:

See she got me with Reputation, lost with Lover and Folklore and returned with Evermore. 

I loved rep, but some of the visuals were a bit cringe. LWYMMD was one of my favs from the album and she chose right making that the lead

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, thetea said:

Yeah definitely, they won't even buy her songs on iTunes, and I've seen people insisting on listening to her music on youtube, where it counts the least on the charts for points and sales 

I don’t get it? I do it all tbh. Spotify, apple music, youtube, physicals... like? 

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, thetea said:

I loved rep, but some of the visuals were a bit cringe. LWYMMD was one of my favs from the album and she chose right making that the lead

I mean as an album it is ace- with visuals it gets watered down and cringe. 

Popster for Sale 44,832
Just now, thetea said:

Yeah, that's why I don't really tell people those things. I just have anxiety, and I just have this huge fear of what people think of me. Like it literally gives me panic attacks, I've been learning to stop caring though.

I feel you sis - it's hard to gather self-confidence is a world where people love to curate themselves and their tastes to "look good" or "smart". Just like what you like and know that if you are being honest and genuine about what you like it actually makes you a lot braver and smarter than people who hide behind a shield of pretentiousness to make themselves feel better. I know I struggled with this a lot by being gay and having tastes that are deemed by the straight community as being lesser, just know that it is untrue. :classic_love:

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Delusional said:

It’s literally disgusting how many people stream demos and leaks instead of the actual thing. Babylon HL remixes on YT have hundreds of thousands views each, imagine if that energy was put towards the album version? It makes me so mad.

They act like they are Audiophiles when what they are is pretentious gays pretending to be “high and mighty”. 

• thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

I don’t get it? I do it all tbh. Spotify, apple music, youtube, physicals... like? 

me too, the day Chromatica came out, I streamed on Spotify (premium) made an apple music account, made a playlist on youtube playing ROM, SL, SC and bought it in store

• paws up 2

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, thetea said:

me too, the day Chromatica came out, I streamed on Spotify (premium) made an apple music account, made a playlist on youtube playing ROM, SL, SC and bought it in store

Are we the same breed of stan! Methinks yes 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Just now, Twitter said:

100% not my intent I’ve listened to Taylor in the past but as a non-fan that’s the stigma that’s against her along with her fans being delusional. I’m not here to offend but thats the outsider truth.

This is true, and that's what stops a lot of people from listening to her. People don't want to be told that their a basic white girl and get judged by their friends and that

• paws up 2

1 minute ago, Bakugo said:

Are we the same breed of stan! Methinks yes 

Hehe and over 3 months I bought the entire stores Chromatica supply. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Deactivated 14,311

End game was ok, RFI was just awful and LWYMMD was perfection. Delicate was a choice I guess with some of the cringey scenes but visually stunning 

that era deserved better treatment 

Better single choices for a darker era:

Lead: Don’t Blame Me 

Promo: ... Ready for it?

2nd - I did something bad

3rd- Dancing with our hands tied

4th- Look what you made me do

• yaas, gaga 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, thetea said:

Hehe and over 3 months I bought the entire stores Chromatica supply. 

I need ROM cd’s and vinyls and I am done.

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

I’m one of the very few who really admired her country era. I’d be happy if she alternative-pop, lofi, or acoustic pop. Idk what I’m saying... :rip:

I just don't like country. If she sticks with the slow piano songs, she can break the stigma, but if she goes back to SIO, YNTCD, ME! pop then she'll just turn off the GP more.

• paws up 1

Synth-pop r&b Taylor with dress/idwlf vocals please :rat:

Would love. She should implement some hip hop beats to broaden her appeal to urban markets

• yaas, gaga 1

Just now, Twitter said:

As a Black straight man I drove the store and blasted ...Ready For It? in the HOOD of Brooklyn in 2017. If a song has a good beat or a good message I’ll fall in love. Again sorry if I offended you @zcasx @Delusional

spacer.png

Were people not looking at you. I live in the hood of my city and people would laugh at me and look

• paws up 1

I’d swap IDSB with LWYMMD - but yes I agree tbh!! And Delicate 5th single, maybe NYD as a US exclusive 6th single 

Am I the only one who thought LWYMMD was a good first single. it's visuals were stunning

• yaas, gaga 2