Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Glory holes, pancakes and Taylor swift locality discussions. The usual.

spacer.png

Not me actually cooking pancakes and sending you visuals of my hard work!

• lol 1

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, Fame Romance said:

So you’re from Australia and you feel she’s not that big in there? 

I thought the opposite looking at her chart stats there, I mean even in the US she has super impressive stats but I feel like it’s really concentrated in a group of people and most of GP doesn’t really care about her 

I don’t pay attention to charts- radio or streams. But I am here to learn. I lol’d at twits comment because she is massive in US but elsewhere not so much.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,827
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

As a swiftie, I’m gonna stay quiet because deep down this is true.

spacer.png

As a swiftie I will say it is not

i remember hearing Gorgeous on a supermarket in 2017 vividly 

• thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

So you’re from Australia and you feel she’s not that big in there? 

I thought the opposite looking at her chart stats there, I mean even in the US she has super impressive stats but I feel like it’s really concentrated in a group of people and most of GP doesn’t really care about her 

Same with Gaga, I'm afraid. I've noticed the GP didn't really pay attention to Chromatica, but Gaga has a big fanbase so her albums will basically always go #1. I also noticed that people respect Gaga as an artist more, especially after ASIB. 

• paws up 2

2 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

I don’t pay attention to charts- radio or streams. But I am here to learn. I lol’d at twits comment because she is massive in US but elsewhere not so much.

Was Folklore and Evermore big in Aus where u live?

Popster for Sale 57,290
3 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Yeah but my question was more like, do you feel she’s very popular there or was during her peak days, like do most people you know know her and her songs? 

Just now, Twitter said:

To shorten this: Taylor is for basic white girls and a good bop to listen to at Starbucks.

spacer.png

No, not really. I like Taylor and I'm not basic, I'm half white and not a girl, but that's just what the general consensus is. I think that if she continues down the line of Folklore she could break that stigma, like how Gaga broke the stigma that she was a weirdo, that her music is only for gay people. She needs to have a huge song like Shallow

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,827

Chile you don't listen to Taylor Swift because of what people might think of you, don't let the locals determine your music taste :rip:

We all love L. Gaga and know that if you say you like Lady Gaga most people will assume you have "bad" music taste and you're a "basic white gay" most likely and that's on them for being pretentious and snobbish. 

• thanks 2

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

Was Folklore and Evermore big in Aus where u live?

1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

Yeah but my question was more like, do you feel she’s very popular there or was during her peak days, like do most people you know know her and her songs? 

I’ll answer this in one hit... I don’t think she is as big as she use to be.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,827
Just now, Delusional said:

Really don’t like this narrative because it sounds kind of misogynistic - but it’s obviously not your intent and I get that 

but when some other people say it chile... it’s clear it’s some vendetta against successful women in the music industry. 

just like how Gaga is shamed for “white gay music” 

spacer.png

Just now, zcasx said:

Chile you don't listen to Taylor Swift because of what people might think of you, don't let the locals determine your music taste :rip:

We all love L. Gaga and know that if you say you like Lady Gaga most people will assume you have "bad" music taste and you're a "basic white gay" most likely and that's on them for being pretentious and snobbish. 

Our minds! 

spacer.png

Edited by zcasx
  • yaas, gaga 1

I’m tired of this narrative because it’s clear nowadays her fans aren’t streaming her music cause they are busy putting jockstraps on and streaming demos - her monthly listeners are increasing, her recurrents are amazing. The GP loves ha and Chromatica did make some decent noise, especially the looks at the VMAs. That really told the GP, hey look this was Chromatica and this was the aesthetic. It was brilliant what they did with that.

Gaga stans are pretty lazy, they'd rather complain about no promotion then stream her music. Kinda like Katy Clowns lowering Chromatica's metacritic rating instead of streaming Smile

• thanks 1
  • lol 2

just like how Gaga is shamed for “white gay music” 

This is why I kept being a Gaga fan a secret  for so long.

Edited by thetea
  • thanks 1

2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Yeah, that's why I don't really tell people those things. I just have anxiety, and I just have this huge fear of what people think of me. Like it literally gives me panic attacks, I've been learning to stop caring though.

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, thetea said:

Gaga stans are pretty lazy, they'd rather complain about no promotion then stream her music. Kinda like Katy Clowns lowering Chromatica's metacritic rating instead of streaming Smile

Gaga stan are the bunch of laziest **** I have seen in the the standom of music artists tbh.

• thanks 2
  • lol 1

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

If Taylor could pull a Shallow moment she might win me and I might become a fan. She kinda had me with reputation and the album Love Story was on.

I hope she does. But please Taylor, don't go back to Country. I HATE COUNTRY

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

If Taylor could pull a Shallow moment she might win me and I might become a fan. She kinda had me with reputation and the album Love Story was on.

See she got me with Reputation, lost with Lover and Folklore and returned with Evermore. 

• thanks 1

Just now, Bakugo said:

Gaga stan are the bunch of laziest **** I have seen in the the standom of music artists tbh.

Yeah definitely, they won't even buy her songs on iTunes, and I've seen people insisting on listening to her music on youtube, where it counts the least on the charts for points and sales