Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Honestly Million Reasons walked so Shallow could run, Million Reasons will end up being a ballad in Gaga’s discography that eventually sells 4-6 million units in our lifetimes and for it being her first yeehaw moment,

it worked out so beautiful,

we planted the seed & saw it’s harvest 

• paws up 8

2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Kind of unrelated to your post but I’d love Gaga to give country a second chance and do a “golden hour” sort of album 

Country/rock esque ballads are just so timeless 

spacer.png

Yes, one completely grounded in a country pop sound, she’d kill,

I want her “All Too Well” and “Holy Ground” off of Red moment.:lesson:

Edited by ProdigyARTPOP
  • yaas, gaga 1

5 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Honestly Million Reasons walked so Shallow could run, Million Reasons will end up being a ballad in Gaga’s discography that eventually sells 4-6 million units in our lifetimes and for it being her first yeehaw moment,

MR having 500m+ streams on spotify despite 0 days on TTH and 0 days on Spotify top 50 ww is so impressive. But also annoying how it could been much bigger if they actually cared about streaming for the song :mess:

• paws up 7

A Popster Is Born 12,829
15 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

Tea, you summarised it well 

Those with a keen eye could see the signs during Joanne. The places that arguably made her career, Europe and Oceania (and the places that ironically dropped the hardest post BTW/During ARTPOP) were showing they were here for the new Gaga even before SB, through the smaller countries being here for MR.

So ASIB smashing the hardest there wasn't so much as a massive surprise. Had Gaga been in a much better place when she released MR and it got playlisting, MR would definitely be a much larger WW hit. 

• paws up 1

11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Tea, you summarised it well 

Those with a keen eye could see the signs during Joanne. The places that arguably made her career, Europe and Oceania (and the places that ironically dropped the hardest post BTW/During ARTPOP) were showing they were here for the new Gaga even before SB, through the smaller countries being here for MR.

So ASIB smashing the hardest there wasn't so much as a massive surprise. Had Gaga been in a much better place when she released MR and it got playlisting, MR would definitely be a much larger WW hit. 

Yes, the signs were all there.

As a fan who became a stan the year The Fame Monster came out and seeing her imperial phase and then the Post BTW/ARTPOP drop and then the slow and warm approach of C2C going into the tribute era, SOM & TIHTY, was so crazy, then seeing the her climb with Joanne to where we are now POST ASIB with Chromatica, she will always remain commercially relevant and revered, I feel like Gaga has established herself in the upper echelons of pop culture, she will never be forgotten, she has the Midas touch, and she could go away tomorrow and remain respected, rich, and famous. 

• paws up 7

24 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

MR having 500m+ streams on spotify despite 0 days on TTH and 0 days on Spotify top 50 ww is so impressive. But also annoying how it could been much bigger if they actually cared about streaming for the song :mess:

This, I can’t wait for her and her team to release a full on power ballad album, the thought of her pulling an Adele would be colossal, the sales would be phenomenal, she’s a critical darling so it’d be beautiful to see/hear and the thought of her going on tour & doing alternative versions of the hits and being able to cater to both young/old, she’d dominate. 

Popster for Sale 44,834
53 minutes ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

what does unique listeners mean,

lol i’m a flop 

same, this has been posted a lot and I'm still pretty confused about what it means

does it mean people who solely stream their music? 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,288
1 minute ago, zcasx said:

same, this has been posted a lot and I'm still pretty confused about what it means

does it mean people who solely stream their music? 

i think they made that up

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,834
1 minute ago, Applause said:

i think they made that up

or maybe it means listeners who are not basic b tches :billie:

which makes me wonder how the hell is ariana n.1 

Edited by zcasx

1 hour ago, ProdigyARTPOP said:

what does unique listeners mean,

lol i’m a flop 

I think it means users who regularly listen to her discography on the platform, like everyday, not just a casual listener who heard Rain On Me or Shallow on a random playlist and gave her streams. That's what I think it is. :happydance:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,298
Just now, CHROMATICON said:

I think it means users who regularly listen to her discography on the platform, like everyday, not just a casual listener who heard Rain On Me or Shallow on a random playlist and gave her streams. That's what I think it is. :happydance:

I think it's the opposite lmao

It's how many users streamed at least a song by that artist, hence why Taylor is below Ariana, Olivia Rodrigo, Dua and Billie since Taylor has a huge fanbase that streams her discography regularly instead of many people from the GP casually listening to her

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 14,827
1 minute ago, Applause said:

whatever it means number is made up cause spotify doesn't provide that

The streaming equivalent of China sales :mess:

• lol 3