Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,837
1 hour ago, Delusional said:

Stanleaktingz confirmed no SC MV

Drake and Ariana collab soon as well

Although there is probably unfortunately no SC MV I find it kinda weird to see a stan leak account negatively confirm things. Surely it is possible that something could happen that they don't know of or are they suddenly this music industry all-knowing entity? lmao 

Unless they have realy close ties with Gaga's/Blackpink's team (which I doubt) it makes little sense. They even said in a tweet not to long ago that obtaining info from BP label was nearly impossible so why are they so certain?

Nevermind me I'm just bitter that we'll get a performance at most (that is if we get something) :bradley:

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
3 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Although there is probably unfortunately no SC MV I find it kinda weird to see a stan leak account negatively confirm things. Surely it is possible that something could happen that they don't know of or are they suddenly this music industry all-knowing entity? lmao 

Unless they have realy close ties with Gaga's/Blackpink's team (which I doubt) it makes little sense. They even said in a tweet not to long ago that obtaining info from BP label was nearly impossible so why are they so certain?

Nevermind me I'm just bitter that we'll get a performance at most (that is if we get something) :bradley:

I really hope we get AT LEAST a performance, they can’t just leave SC behind without milking it. It has huge potential. I still believe the lavender hair wasn’t for nothing and something is coming. But I’ll let it go if nothing comes in January/after The Show.   

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829

They never tried with ARUTW, it became a single whether Gaga's team liked it or not in small European countries - but if we look at the treatment that positions and 34 +35 got and it's rollout, it's a great way to get two singles in the streaming era around release. With the lead coming out a week or two before the album, ASIB rollout lended itself in the same way. (and ROM and Chromatica/SC, both summer songs could've been pushed and this would've helped SC) 

If they'd have somewhat replicated that more, and made arutw a proper single in February everywhere (Shallows radio run had finished in a lot it countries) she could've done some promo and got it going, even some live performances on piano like she did for PF in early 09.

Then in April make ARUTW a single in US. I think ARUTW nearly reached its full potential WW, but in important music markets it was Sour Candy'd and organically reached platinum. So imagine if radio had eaten it up like in France. 

I went Netherlands in April 2019 and ARUTW was inescapable on their radio, having the same happen in more countries and I really think ARUTW would be at 800m streams now. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,837
2 minutes ago, donatellab said:

I really hope we get AT LEAST a performance, they can’t just leave SC behind without milking it. It has huge potential. I still believe the lavender hair wasn’t for nothing and something is coming. But I’ll let it go if nothing comes in January/after The Show.   

That seems like the most likely scenario, the performance that is. Even then it is unfathomable for me that they would tease what is probably a 30 sec performance by Gaga so much time in advance as if it's some sort of huge event :mess:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
28 minutes ago, zcasx said:

MTE. Maybe we're delulus and want to be optimistic about it, but how can be so sure something is not coming lmao.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,837
1 minute ago, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

I never though it would come to us scrapping crumbs together and praying for a performance of a song that Gaga sings like 1 minute in... Also that it would only be the second Chromatica related performance. 
spacer.png

This era truly is the pits :rip:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771

Just imagine how many streams SC would have if her team had posted this video on TikTok, paid some famous TikTokers to use the audio and make this trend and sound go viral and then dropped a video for SC. They need to adapt and promote on TikTok, it’s crazy how much TikTok affects the music industry.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CHA8xDJDA3N/?igshid=hgqmcl3rdth0 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
10 minutes ago, Gypsy Guy Holland said:

I never though it would come to us scrapping crumbs together and praying for a performance of a song that Gaga sings like 1 minute in... Also that it would only be the second Chromatica related performance. 
spacer.png

I have no idea either why Gaga has never acknowledged this. Is she really surrounded by cupcakes and yesmen? She dropped Chromatica and ran. Literally just acknowledging your album and fans and saying you know it's joy been great on sorry I couldn't execute my vision for Chromatica but stay tuned.

She is literally terrified to acknowledge Chromatica after she got lashed for celebrating its release on BLM, but will promote whatever she has too at any given time. 1 post. 1 post is alls it would take...

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
Just now, donatellab said:

Just imagine how many streams SC would have if her team had posted this video on TikTok, paid some famous TikTokers to use the audio and make this trend and sound go viral and then dropped a video for SC. They need to adapt and promote on TikTok, it’s crazy how much TikTok affects the music industry.  

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CHA8xDJDA3N/?igshid=hgqmcl3rdth0 

She can't even upload a performance to YouTube or do a selfie from the inauguration on the same day. Her team still do iTunes pushes. It really would be too much to expect any of that. :rip:

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,837
1 minute ago, ViviLittleM said:

with or without gaga they're performing SC for sure, they have a small disco

yeah but is it really the second Chromatica performance if they do it without Gaga? :rip:

• sad 1