Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Deactivated 14,311
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Yeah but it was also almost winter in Australia when it was released 

@Bakugo correct me if I’m wrong 

edit: it being winter obviously means a tropical song like the cure wouldn’t do as well as it would in the summer but for some reason it did

Australia knows good pop music... 

Kylie is ours remember!

• yaas, gaga 3

1 minute ago, Hags Labs said:

Her team is SO useless ugh they should've posted that YESTERDAY literally it only takes a minute to do that:lesson:

Can we expect any less? They labelled Chromatica III as the song in the 911 music video which made it ineligible to chart:awkney:

• sad 3
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, thetea said:

Can we expect any less? They labelled Chromatica III as the song in the 911 music video which made it ineligible to chart:awkney:

For some reason i expected them to NOT post anything until 24hs have passed and no one gave a crap anymore... Imagine how tired we are :icant:. They truly are clueless 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Wait so do y’all think SL could eventually sometime in the near close future, go 2x platinum? 

Not in the near future. Even tho if it was elegible 4 months ago maybe its already halfway there :dead: but I dont thinkSL is getting much units

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,810
29 minutes ago, Bakugo said:

Australia knows good pop music... 

Kylie is ours remember!

And she feels like ours too.. Kylie is loved here! 

I do feel like that helps Gaga and Dua and the rest who do that sound etc... 

The US taste is so different to UK/Aus, I think its been like that but its now more than ever there's a different chartrun for the gays faves in that country. 

English speaking pop girls are reaching their full potential in Oceania and UK, whereas rest of Europe has gone more for their own locals which skews chartruns, and the US is into hip hop/urban. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,201
13 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Not in the near future. Even tho if it was elegible 4 months ago maybe its already halfway there :dead: but I dont thinkSL is getting much units

That tank literally took 4 months to go from 600k units (early May) to 1M (early September) despite the big album boost in between so it’s far from 1.5M, I’d say like 1.2M max 

This will never be multi-Platinum

• thanks 1

Approximately 39.87 million people watched the half-hour swearing-in ceremony over the nation’s six major TV-news outlets, according to Nielsen, compared with 38.35 million viewers for the 2017 event. The 2021 figure represents an approximately 4% increase over its 2017 predecessor.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/tv-ratings-joe-biden-inauguration-trump-1234889655 

• paws up 5