Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Just now, Delusional said:

Dua really said f*ck it and got 8 hits during the FN era :katy: (counting select country exclusive singles)

This is what happens when you have a good label that cares about your album and also put in effort yourself to make the songs get out there :oscar:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,810
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Dua really said f*ck it and got 8 hits during the FN era :katy: (counting select country exclusive singles)

8 hits? :ohhh:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Chile it was 14 weeks and your calling it a flop??? It had like 0 promo in the US 

spacer.png

A bilingual song (I would even say mostly in english) feat Dua Lipa charting for less weeks than his solo album tracks that are all in spanish?

8EB3DFE0-1457-4A00-B8C7-7C4D31C95235.thu

A collab with Dua Lipa peaking lower that some of his non singles?

8EB3DFE0-1457-4A00-B8C7-7C4D31C95235.thu

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,933
Just now, Delusional said:

Well miss ma’am I wasn’t expecting this absolute slander when I asked my question 

spacer.png

Lemme stop reading their news on Snapchat then chile 

It’s okay. You’re still young lol. But good to keep up with current affairs.

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
Just now, Fame Romance said:

A cute Grammy-nominated Latin hit, not that much of a flop me conjectures 

8EB3DFE0-1457-4A00-B8C7-7C4D31C95235.jpe

Un Día should've done way better based on the hype all three artists had in summer 2020 and the hype for this song in particular and actually should've been a better song on all levels. Period.

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

If it was a hit it would have been able to outpeak or outlast Callaíta in the United States, which she did not.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 41,933

@Delusional it’s okay to read news from various sources. The most important thing is to think critically about the different arguments. You don’t want to only read news from left-wing media and end up in an echo chamber. 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,391
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Suddenly I love Tainy

I actually think both Un Dia and De Una Vez have the same problem: they tried to make a reggaeton pop fusion that tried to please both crowds and get that crossover appea, but it ended up being a watered down mix that didn't completely satisfied any of the two potential audiences.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 41,933
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

That’s very true, but I’d rather read news from sources that don’t slander Gagie because she’s talented :receipts:

(Their Snapchat articles are usually quite neutral (?) so that’s why I didn’t understand why they were absolutely attacking Joe)

The MSM in the UK is not that biased tbh. Even the Tories are not that right wing compared to Republicans. Many Democrats would be considered Tories here. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,446
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I actually think both Un Dia and De Una Vez have the same problem: they tried to make a reggaeton pop fusion that tried to please both crowds and get that crossover appea, but it ended up being a watered down mix that didn't completely satisfied any of the two potential audiences.

That’s MTE

Shakira succeeded at blending reggaeton and a little pop in songs like Chantaje in a way that gave it some appeal to the Latin audiences but it also managed to cross over in some countries because of her globalness and the pop elements 

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,810
42 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Un Día should've done way better based on the hype all three artists had in summer 2020 and the hype for this song in particular and actually should've been a better song on all levels. Period.

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

If it was a hit it would have been able to outpeak or outlast Callaíta in the United States, which she did not.

I’m a flop who’s never listened/heard Un Día. It made 0 noise in Eastern Europe. 

spacer.png

Spoiler

I literally found out that this song exists a few weeks ago from this thread

Edited by donatellab
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,830
8 minutes ago, Delusional said:

We need 3 Chromatica remix albums to boost sales, one for orchestral versions, another of piano versions and another of just standard remixes. Outdo everyone at the remix game :fall:

At this point we just need... Something it'd be a breath of fresh air. I hope there is a noticeable boost tomorrow :shakes:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1