Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Moderator 3,690
4 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I feel like lana started with the ambition of being a pop start but this ambition faded away and now she wants to be the kind of singer-songwriter type of artist who goes on stage sings the songs with her guitar/piano and doesn't need to have big visuals

I think those true popstar ambitions were squashed after the SNL performance and all the backlash followed. Honestly Lana truly got so much s**t in the beginning of her career from the sometimes sexist media for her perceived inauthenticity and I think she just did not want to go the true popstar route due to all of the media scrutiny for Ultraviolence.

Honeymoon and Lust for life had more pop moments, but maybe they were too little too late. Honestly Lana has cemented herself a small but sturdy following and some of it even outside the stan sphere and probably she will enjoy top 5 albums in the US and UK for the next 10 years for sure. 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

It was predictable UO was going to repress Joanne after TFM, BTW and ARTPOP represses, and I think this new shade of pinks looks amazing, way better than the original UO exclusive. Makes me wonder if we'll see the Chromatica album in a gatefold next.

I wish Gaga did not do UO exclusives since it's a problematic brand for multiple reasons, but virtually every artist does this 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
6 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

OMG YES, my red BTW vinyl is on the way and I already have the Blue and Grey TF/TFM ones, so excited for this pink vinyl :bradley:

This looks so pretty but 30 f*cking dollars for standard shipping is a bit :awkney:

• lol 1

Gaming Leader 8,440
7 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

OMG YES, my red BTW vinyl is on the way and I already have the Blue and Grey TF/TFM ones, so excited for this pink vinyl :bradley:

I ordered this so f-ing fast :icant:

The BTW red vinyl was supposed to be my christmas gift, but the order got cancelled mad rainn wilson GIF by T-Mobile

• hugs 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771
1 minute ago, Grasim said:

550994508_IMG_3215(1).JPG.ee85f01ef7c680

Donatella I’m not a rich b*tch I’m not the upper class I don’t smoke marlboro reds and I only drink cheap wine :lesson:

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
6 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I think those true popstar ambitions were squashed after the SNL performance and all the backlash followed. Honestly Lana truly got so much s**t in the beginning of her career from the sometimes sexist media for her perceived inauthenticity and I think she just did not want to go the true popstar route due to all of the media scrutiny for Ultraviolence.

Honeymoon and Lust for life had more pop moments, but maybe they were too little too late. Honestly Lana has cemented herself a small but sturdy following and some of it even outside the stan sphere and probably she will enjoy top 5 albums in the US and UK for the next 10 years for sure. 

once again, 100% agree with you. I never thought of the SNL bcklash as a breaking point, but it makes a lot of sense.

I would just like to add, that the fact that she seems to have a small but faithful fanbase that's gonna support whatever she releases as opposed as the GP not caring for her, is probably one of the factors that decreased her ambition. Why would she put more effort, if new people are not gonna give her music a chance even if it's amazing? And at the same time, the fanbase is gonna eat up everything she releases, even if it's not as polished.

• paws up 4