Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 12,762
5 minutes ago, little legend said:

Harleys In Hawaii,365 , Never Really Over are so good. I'm shocked that they flopped. At this point everything that Katy touched becomes a flop. She could release Bad Romance and it would not even had charted:katy:

Hmmm.. I disagree. Although 365 is good. If something is that good quality and goes on TTH with a radio deal it can't be ignored although it's definitely harder for older women. If they were good enough GP would've liked it, but again I feel like once pop girls reach a certain age, for success it's HAC time. Not a level playing field. 

GP thought NRO was noisy and annoying, but Spotify supported it and it paid off. 460m streams for a katy song is very good although outside of that it had a TC run without the star power peaks

( :billie:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
8 minutes ago, thetea said:

and Taylor Swift. Do you think Taylor Swift can become a legend in the future? I know her sales are unmatched by anyone except Adele but that doesn't necessarily show positive public status and what the GP's general consensus of her is

She can be a legend but she will never have the impact and global power that Madonna,Gaga have.:shine:

6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The GP knows she sells huge 100%. They know she’s a mega selling titan because of her fans and they also know she has started to do less mainstream music. The GP still know and remember ha and I think when she returns to pop, she will be a legend

I wonder if she'll ever flop. It seems not, because her management is amazing. Like her 2 fraud #1's were both excellently pulled off, and spreading shipments of evermore out to get more weeks at #1 was genius. I can see that being the future of chart manipulation to get more weeks at #1. 

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 1

The Popster 53
25 minutes ago, thetea said:

and Taylor Swift. Do you think Taylor Swift can become a legend in the future? I know her sales are unmatched by anyone except Adele but that doesn't necessarily show positive public status and what the GP's general consensus of her is

I think Folklore cemented her status as one. She's always had the sales, but she didn't really have much aside from that. Her AOTY wins have been tainted because of how they intertwine with racism, her albums were always pretty conceptually and musically basic, and pre-Folklore, talk of her songwriting was mostly limited to her stans trying to make her sound more important. Folklore was her proving that the talk about her skills was valid. Imo, Folklore and 1989 will go down as classics, Fearless and maybe Red will be remembered just not as much, and Shake it Out, Blank Space, and Love Story will be remembered. It's just that her sales greatly eclipse her actual impact. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • yaas, gaga 1

1 minute ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

I think Folklore cemented her status as one. She's always had the sales, but she didn't really have much aside from that. Her AOTY wins have been tainted because of how they intertwine with racism, her albums were always pretty conceptually and musically basic, and pre-Folklore, and talk of her songwriting was mostly limited to her stans trying to make her sound more important. Folklore was her proving that the talk about her skills was valid. Imo, Folklore and 1989 will go down as classics, Fearless and maybe Red will be remembered just not as much, and Shake it Out, Blank Space, and Love Story will be remembered. It's just that her sales greatly eclipse her actual impact. 

Her writing is fantastic, and you can tell she's very passionate about her art, but I feel like her fans always put her on a pedestal, musically. Like don't get me wrong, her metaphors and writing are genius. I would've never thought to come up with the cardigan lyrics but her fans... They treat her as if she's some sort of superior musical being to everyone else and that she's "the music industry"

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

24 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Unless she gets exposed as a massive racist or has something else hugely devastating happen to her career - she will continue to sell more than everyone else. I’m just praying for a new sound for the next album 

Me too, I hope she does something unexpected, like more trap, hip hop sounds. If she could pull it off

Edited by thetea
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
2 minutes ago, little legend said:

This could be a big hit

but based on the lack of taste in this fanbase i dont think that you could ever appreciate it:nicki_scream:

All of Joanne is quality.. (Poor artpop stans with messy recycled dj beats that made their fave abandon pop for years :billie:

Sinners Prayer, Just Another Day, Grigio Girls... the underrated trinity! 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

3 minutes ago, little legend said:

This could be a big hit

but based on the lack of taste in this fanbase i dont think that you could ever appreciate it:nicki_scream:

I love this song. Its one of my favs from Joanne. I absolutely  love Angel Down as well especially the work tape. This song means so much to Gaga, and you can tell by the writing 

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 2

41 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

THIS THIS THIS THIS. I have no real stock in Katy, but the idea that Witness was an absolute mega-flop isn't entirely true. Chained to the Rhythm did well even if it was front-loaded and Swish Swish and Bon Apple Teeth pulled cute numbers. The thing that killed Katy was public perception and press. Tbh, her Spotify streams were honestly not that bad:

Chained to the Rhythm- nearly 450M

Swish Swish- 330M+

Bon Appetit- just over 200M

And nowadays these three singles combined have smaller recurrent streams than Judas or Paparazzi on Spotify, embarrassing. :awkney:

And let's not pretend that CTTR didn't have the biggest budget on Spotify at the time, and that the other singles also had massive support on the platform.

A Popster Is Born 14,730
5 minutes ago, Krazy said:

And nowadays these three singles combined have smaller recurrent streams than Judas or Paparazzi on Spotify, embarrassing. :awkney:

And let's not pretend that CTTR didn't have the biggest budget on Spotify at the time, and that the other singles also had massive support on the platform.

And a music video, don't forget the music video. Something The Cure, for example, didn't have :nicki_scream:

• lol 2

Popster for Sale 41,574
19 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Sinners Prayer, Just Another Day, Grigio Girls... the underrated trinity!

One of them doesn’t belong and that’s Skipper’s Prayer. 

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,574
Just now, WildAmerican said:

why is ATRL always under maintenance?? I s2g that website is held together with tape and glue it performs so badly....

I need to stop going there lol 

Thank God @admin is loaded and can afford big servers

• lol 3