Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 14,730
41 minutes ago, ... said:

Already joined entelastreep as the third member on my special list :abel_glow:

they're on strike two for me 

giphy.gif

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,730

DOUBLE POST BC SHITTY CONECTION IGNORE THIS THX YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING BYEEEEEEE 

giphy.gif

Edited by danwasd
  • yaas, gaga 1

Just now, Delusional said:

I still don’t understand Smile era and how much of a mess it actually was. They filmed Champagne Problems music video in summer of 2019, didn’t release until a year later. HIH filmed in summer of 2019 too, then they dropped the video in winter ??? Like ?? Why withhold content that long. This is why I’m hopeful Gaga truly did half finish some Chromatica videos before quarantine chile 

I hope Katy has a good full plan for KP6 though. She deserves success again chile 

She needs her Emancipation Of Mimi moment. She needs to reinvent herself for it to work though 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

What if Gaga released Chromatica I, Chromatica II and Chromatica III three months apart starting late 2019. She could do that then release it as one and combine the sales for higher sales, profit margin, and times platinum.

The Popster 53
32 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Bon Appetit wasn’t a flop Jesus. Literally everyone knows the song same with swish swish - witness era just had awful peaks 

THIS THIS THIS THIS. I have no real stock in Katy, but the idea that Witness was an absolute mega-flop isn't entirely true. Chained to the Rhythm did well even if it was front-loaded and Swish Swish and Bon Apple Teeth pulled cute numbers. The thing that killed Katy was public perception and press. Tbh, her Spotify streams were honestly not that bad:

Chained to the Rhythm- nearly 450M

Swish Swish- 330M+

Bon Appetit- just over 200M

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, thetea said:

What if Gaga released Chromatica I, Chromatica II and Chromatica III three months apart starting late 2019. She could do that then release it as one and combine the sales for higher sales, profit margin, and times platinum.

Because all the interludes would count separately, there is no such thing as adding their units :awkney:

Popster for Sale 41,574

Robyn did that with Body Talk.

The units for each album would be very low though. The full LP will have sales cannibalised and less hype when released. 

• paws up 1

26 minutes ago, little legend said:

I think they are really bad if we have to compare them with a Katy Perry song to make them look good:awkney:

I swear being a gaga stan includes knowing how to be shady towards everyone else:billie:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,702
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I still don’t understand Smile era and how much of a mess it actually was. They filmed Champagne Problems music video in summer of 2019, didn’t release until a year later. HIH filmed in summer of 2019 too, then they dropped the video in winter ??? Like ?? Why withhold content that long. This is why I’m hopeful Gaga truly did half finish some Chromatica videos before quarantine chile 

I hope Katy has a good full plan for KP6 though. She deserves success again chile 

I actually really enjoy Harleys In Hawaii and it’s a perfect summer bop to listen to while going on a road trip with your friends, but why on earth did they release it in winter :katy:

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,730
1 minute ago, ... said:

Robyn did that with Body Talk.

The units for each album would be very low though. The full LP will have sales cannibalised and less hype when released. 

Miley was planning sth on the lines too during 2019-2020, iirc

(well, she in fact released the She Is Coming EP) 

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3

I swear being a gaga stan includes knowing how to be shady towards everyone else:billie:

Thats actually true:billie:especially towards our beloved Katy Perry:billie:

• lol 1

The Popster 53
3 minutes ago, thetea said:

She needs her Emancipation Of Mimi moment. She needs to reinvent herself for it to work though 

She needs to have a cute singer songwriter moment. Her type of fluffy pop will never do well unless there's another shift in what's popular, literally the only reason Stupid Love was able to have any success in America is because Gaga released it. She needs to release a critically-liked album that shows a different side of her and has some HAC crossover hits with strong, thoughtful writing.

• paws up 1

Just now, EnigmaticAndroid said:

She needs to have a cute singer songwriter moment. Her type of fluffy pop will never do well unless there's another shift in what's popular, literally the only reason Stupid Love was able to have any success in America is because Gaga released it. She needs to release a critically-liked album that shows a different side of her and has some HAC crossover hits with strong, thoughtful writing.

She should go back to her rock roots. The rock inspired sound of OOTB was nice and was so 2000's. Or maybe she should do something no one expects. She's a good lyricist 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
2 minutes ago, donatellab said:

I actually really enjoy Harleys In Hawaii and it’s a perfect summer bop to listen to while going on a road trip with your friends, but why on earth did they release it in winter :katy:

Harleys In Hawaii,365 , Never Really Over are so good. I'm shocked that they flopped. At this point everything that Katy touched becomes a flop. She could release Bad Romance and it would not even had charted:katy:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,762
4 minutes ago, thetea said:

No the way she did it was the best, her team just went all in for first week, as its her trump card/strength. The delay and no promo single built so much hype, but beyond that nothing happened, and it created a frontloaded effect WW. However, that was great in particular for the Spotify streams and also the peaks (GP care about that the most unlike forum gays).

If they're doing a B side and there's going to be no chance of a rollout again, they should repeat that but with better post release care. I'd rather them wait tho and do a BTW sized rollout like fauxsiders promised 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,730
1 minute ago, donatellab said:

Because in Hawaii there's not the classical four-season-pattern, but a two-season one: kau (aka ~summer, from may to october) and hooilo (aka ~winter, from november to april). So, in short, they released the single in summer.

Truly only a mastermind would come with such a complex elaborate plan, Ms. Nespresso wishes :lesson:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 14,730
1 minute ago, little legend said:

Harleys In Hawaii,365 , Never Really Over are so good. I'm shocked that they flopped. At this point everything that Katy touched becomes a flop. She could release Bad Romance and it would not even had charted:katy:

The way you did not mention Small Talk from all those droplets :mess:

• lol 1

2 minutes ago, little legend said:

Thats actually true:billie:especially towards our beloved Katy Perry:billie:

and Taylor Swift. Do you think Taylor Swift can become a legend in the future? I know her sales are unmatched by anyone except Adele but that doesn't necessarily show positive public status and what the GP's general consensus of her is

2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

No the way she did it was the best, her team just went all in for first week, as its her trump card/strength. The delay and no promo single built so much hype, but beyond that nothing happened, and it created a frontloaded effect WW. However, that was great in particular for the Spotify streams and also the peaks (GP care about that the most unlike forum gays).

If they're doing a B side and there's going to be no chance of a rollout again, they should repeat that but with better post release care. I'd rather them wait tho and do a BTW sized rollout like fauxsiders promised 

Yes I want that. She should do a BTW rollout, but she should release droplets before that like unreleased demos, Babylon early version etc. I still don't get why she hasn't released the early version, Shazam literally recognises it or why it hasn't leaked

• paws up 2