Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Bon Appetit wasn’t a flop Jesus. Literally everyone knows the song same with swish swish - witness era just had awful peaks 

All Witness singles were a flop.

• thanks 3
  • lol 1

6 minutes ago, little legend said:

Probably frontloaded 

if we know for sure a payola video is this 1,07billion viewed flop song

This was blatantly faked. This was not a hit, and having a provocative, interesting music video only works if the GP is interested. LITERALLY no one I know, knows this song or of the music video. The younger ones only know Swish Swish because of TikTok

• paws up 1
  • shook 1
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 28,994
x3
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Bon Appetit wasn’t a flop Jesus. Literally everyone knows the song same with swish swish - witness era just had awful peaks 

Bon Appetit wasn't a flop 

i agree, it was a massive flop

• thanks 1
  • lol 2

22 minutes ago, little legend said:

And let's talk about her flop lead singles daily YT views:

Stupid Love - 88,159 :icant:

Born This Way- 47,499:rip:

Perfect Illusion- 22,972 :dead:

These views aren't that bad when we see the current views of some alleged hits...

Katy Perry - Never Really Over 

2021/01/17 38,941

:awkney:

• lol 3

5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

It kinda was a flop. Chained To The Rhythm wasn't though. And Swish Swish to a lesser extent. Swish Swish is viral on TikTok so people know it

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,994
x3
Just now, Krazy said:

These views aren't that bad when we see the current views of some alleged hits...

2021/01/17 38,941

I think they are really bad if we have to compare them with a Katy Perry song to make them look good:awkney:

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I’ve been on tik tok since it came out (2018) - I don’t remember swish swish being viral at all. Are you sure you aren’t just talking about the floss dance/Fortnite?

No its viral now. Nicki Minaj's verse on the song. The "pink ferragamo, sliders on deck, silly rap beefs just give me more checks". That segment 

Popster for Sale 57,315
2 minutes ago, Krazy said:

2021/01/17 38,941

The way I screamed :icant:

Had NRO vs SL and NRO vs TC flashbacks :icant:

• lol 2

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I’ve been on tik tok since it came out (2018) - I don’t remember swish swish being viral at all. Are you sure you aren’t just talking about the floss dance/Fortnite?

3:48

This bit

Popster for Sale 41,892
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The way I screamed :icant:

Had NRO vs SL and NRO vs TC flashbacks :icant:

Time for an SL vs TC discussion then methinks :icant:

We’re doing it round-robin

Edited by ...
  • lol 1

5 minutes ago, little legend said:

I think they are really bad if we have to compare them with a Katy Perry song to make them look good:awkney:

But if you call this song a hit, then does that mean it's not that bad to make that comparison, or is it not a hit? :awkney:

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

OHHHHH yes - this was viral on tik tok. We need a new term for hits that only certain generations or groups of people know chile

TikTok hit? Gen Z hit? 

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,994
x3
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

But if you call this song a hit, then does that mean it's not that bad to make that comparison, or is it not a hit? :awkney:

Well it is a Stupid Love sized hit so :icant:

• paws up 1

2 minutes ago, Krazy said:

It just depends on who you ask. I would say its a small hit. It's recurrent streams on spotify are okay, and her fanbase is tiny at this point so it's definitely not them streaming it which means the GP likes it. It's a good song though. (talking about NRO)

Edited by thetea
  • paws up 2

1 minute ago, little legend said:

Well it is a Stupid Love sized hit so :icant:

I would say Stupid Love is bigger. Gaga is more relevant in this day and age. People wanted to listen to gaga's pop comeback after ASIB and listened to stupid love. They just hated it. People didn't want to listen to Katy.

• paws up 2

Just now, Delusional said:

*US audiences hated it

everyone loved it in tea land and still plays on the radios 

Yeah I know it was big in Europe, but according to people on the internet, the only chart that matters is the u.s one:katy:

• lol 1

1 minute ago, thetea said:

It just depends on who you ask. I would say its a small hit. It's recurrent streams on spotify are okay, and her fanbase is tiny at this point so it's definitely not them streaming it which means the GP likes it. It's a good song though. (talking about NRO)

Has anyone introduced you to what's playlists reach? NRO was literally a whole year above 40M reach on Spotify, not even Shallow has that reach nowadays.

3 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Has anyone introduced you to what's playlists reach? NRO was literally a whole year above 40M reach on Spotify, not even Shallow has that reach nowadays.

Wait why didn't Capitol do this for all the Smile songs?