Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860
2 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Do you know what connotative meaning is?

Learn how to interpret better before problematizing everything and everyone

:awkney:

The new entela indeed

Popster for Sale 57,395
9 minutes ago, little legend said:

YouTube Canada:

17(NEW) Lady Gaga - Shallow 103,205 views

18(+2) Cardi B - WAP -101,287 views

19(=) Ariana Grande - positions-97,368 views

20(-5) Ariana Grande - 34+35 -97,316 views

Wohoo Canada has taste

:tea:

Shallow coming for 10x Platinum like it ain’t nothing :oscar:

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

It’s extremely hypocritical of you to say Lover was a flop when it lasted longer on the BB100 than ROM - because we both know you would label ROM a hit, maybe a moderate one. 

Well it barely peaked at #10, it was a moderate US hit at best but compared to her actual hits it underperformed 

And yeah like Andreu said it didn’t do much noise internationally just like the other Lover singles 

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 14,831
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Krazy can’t be entela otherwise they’d be yelling at me for supporting the devil Taylor swift 1!1!1!1!!1!1

ezgif-3-87438b98890a.gif

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3

Lady Gaga videos with over 100k daily:

Shallow- 778,667

Shallow Oscars- 628,546

Bad Romance- 534,202

Poker Face- 425,003

Rain On Me-348,762

I'll Never Love Again- 306,354

Always Remember Us This Way- 298,000

Just Dance- 125,232

Judas- 122,964

911- 121,254

Million Reasons-112,168

Always Remember Us This Way( audio)- 106,431

Gaga has currently 11 videos with over 100k daily:happydance:

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 2

42 minutes ago, little legend said:

so proud for this little single

it started as a flop and managed to become a semi-classic hit 

in before "sUpErBoWL iMPaCt"

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

It peaked top 15 U.K, top 3 in Australia and top 10 few other markets - it was a moderate hit bordering on a hit

It might not have peaked high everywhere but it’s performance as a third single when everyone was slandering and making fun of the first 2 was pretty good imo

no one said it was a flop (actually I explicitly said it wasn't last page :dead:) but you said it was not very far from ROM's level which might be the case in the US (tho I don't agree) but it's not the case overall.

I don't know the spotify streams for Lover, but ROM came out almost a year later and it already has twice the views from the Lover video. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3
1 minute ago, little legend said:

And let's talk about her flop lead singles daily YT views:

Stupid Love - 88,159 :icant:

Born This Way- 47,499:rip:

Perfect Illusion- 22,972 :dead:

Fun Fact 1 : the non single Always Remember Us This Way is having 4x more daily streams than these 3 LEAD singles combined

Fun Fact 2: the non single I'll Never Love Again is having 4x more daily streams than these 3 LEAD singles combined

:icant:

• lol 2

2 minutes ago, little legend said:

And let's talk about her flop lead singles daily YT views:

Stupid Love - 88,159 :icant:

Born This Way- 47,499:rip:

Perfect Illusion- 22,972 :dead:

OMG this is terrible compared To Shallow, Poker Face, Bad Romance. Even Shallow Live performance gets nearly 500k views daily.

• sad 1

20 minutes ago, little legend said:

ME! video got 50m views on its first day (released in 2019)

and got another 58m in a whole year (2020) :rip:

giving the word frontloaded another meaning 

were the views fake?

34 minutes ago, little legend said:

Expected to hit 1.500.000.000 views

Bad Romance: 2021/12/23

Shallow : 2022/10/06

:shakes:

yass gaga, OG queen of YouTube. remember when Bad Romance was the most viewed video on youtube and when it would've been number 1 on the charts if youtube was counted on the charts

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3
Just now, thetea said:

were the views fake?

i don't know

Her lead single was very anticipated but when it was released looks like no one liked it ( no surprised)

also YouTube recently changed it's algorithm and it's harder to gain a lot of views in the first day.  Of course the obsessed K-POP fans are an exception 

• paws up 1

22 minutes ago, Delusional said:

It’s extremely hypocritical of you to say Lover was a flop when it lasted longer on the BB100 than ROM - because we both know you would label ROM a hit, maybe a moderate one. 

I agree. Stupid Love was also very front loaded and Rain On Me was too. Have you seen the reddit thread where they show if #1 debuts of 2020 would've debuted there without bundles. Rain On Me would not have been #1 without bundles, and it only lasted 4 weeks in the top 10. It's gaga's weakest #1 to date. All her #1's were huge huge hits, that are all diamond (poker face, bad romance) , near diamond certified or  6x platinum (Born This Way). 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

4 minutes ago, little legend said:

i don't know

Her lead single was very anticipated but when it was released looks like no one liked it ( no surprised)

also YouTube recently changed it's algorithm and it's harder to gain a lot of views in the first day.  Of course the obsessed K-POP fans are an exception 

I think its because its a terrible song, in my country ME! was a non event. I did not hear it on the radio once, no one talked about it, I never saw anyone posting about it online. But Lover was a semi-hit, it was on the radio a lot. Do we know if Taylor fakes her youtube views at all, in any of her videos or is it just frontloaded?

• paws up 3

Don't have a video to back it up, but Paparazzi is going viral on TikTok again. Someone made a terrible rock remix of it and it's going viral. So now Judas, Just Dance and Paparazzi are all huge on tiktok

Pop-a-911-ster 29,007
x3
Just now, thetea said:

I think its because its a terrible song, in my country ME! was a non event. I did not hear it on the radio once, no one talked about it, I never saw anyone posting about it online. But Lover was a semi-hit, it was on the radio a lot. Do we know if Taylor fakes her youtube views at all, in any of her videos or is it just frontloaded?

Probably frontloaded 

if we know for sure a payola video is this 1,07billion viewed flop song

17 minutes ago, Miaou said:

The new entela indeed

Is it the only thing y'all know how to do for not accepting someone who tells the truth? Accusing me of being a person who made a joke about a terrorist attack?

Get ur sh!t together :classic_rolleyes:

Pop-a-911-ster 31,860
11 minutes ago, little legend said:

Fun Fact 1 : the non single Always Remember Us This Way is having 4x more daily streams than these 3 LEAD singles combined

Fun Fact 2: the non single I'll Never Love Again is having 4x more daily streams than these 3 LEAD singles combined

:icant:

Not surprised !

superior quality always wins !

hihi

Popster for Sale 57,395
24 minutes ago, thetea said:

were the views fake?

22 minutes ago, little legend said:

i don't know

Yes YouTube changed its rules in late 2019 to stop views from ads running à the begging of other videos  counting as views 

Taylor used that trick to break the VEVO record and generate buzz with LWWMMD, ME! and Bad Blood and they all have horrible recurrent views because their numbers are just inflated 

Same with KPOP and some Latin videos, record labels would pay to get their artists’ MVs played as ads and inflate the views but it has been since regulated by YouTube 

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1
  • shook 1