Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379
30 minutes ago, ... said:

The question was when will ROM fall below Shallow. Nothing about stabilisation. :ally:

But falling below for one day every month is irrelevant in the sense it doesnt mean "it has fallen below" in the long run.

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 900
1 hour ago, ViviLittleM said:

traumatica drop on bb200 won't be cute

She should be fine I think. 

Chromatics will get an inaguaration boost next week and than hopefully something Sour Candy related the week after. Even just a Blackpink performance will give it a boost. 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,690
2 minutes ago, Ethel said:

She should be fine I think. 

Chromatics will get an inaguaration boost next week and than hopefully something Sour Candy related the week after. Even just a Blackpink performance will give it a boost. 

Hopefully, even if LG doesn't appear, they post the perf on youtube somehow lmao

• thanks 1

12 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Didnt Max Martin already worked on Stupid Love? :rip:

He just helped write this song, he didn't produce it. He's excellent at producing, not at composing, 90% of the hits he made for artists are productions, not compositions.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,795
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Would the performance still count towards the charts or not, that’s the real question:ohhh:

Yes, with credited artist being only Blackpink

• lol 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,684
3 minutes ago, Krazy said:

He just helped write this song, he didn't produce it. He's excellent at producing, not at composing, 90% of the hits he made for artists are productions, not compositions.

Makes sense. Thanks! 

• yaas, gaga 1

26 minutes ago, danwasd said:

It’s 2021, we need to move on from the the producer determines the hit potential narrative :lesson:

So do you really mean that all the hits that Max Martin and Luke produced were just acquaintances of destiny? Lmaooo :awkney:

A Popster Is Born 14,788
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

So do you really mean that all the hits that Max Martin and Luke produced were just acquaintances of destiny? Lmaooo :awkney:

correlation doesn't mean causation Lmaooo :awkney:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,276

Spotify Daily Streams - January

Week 1 — 53.61M

Week 2 — 55.35M

Day 15 — 7.99M

Day 16 — 8.09M

Day 17 — 7.2M

Total — 132.24M

For Comparison: 
January 2020 Total - 175.1M

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1

Moderator 17,119
1 hour ago, Krazy said:

Gaga has to work with Max Martin on her next album, the fact that he literally produced the biggest hits from Taylor, Katy, Britney, P!nk, The Weeknd, Kelly, Usher, Ariana, Selena, Demi, Ellie, Jessie J, Timberlake, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys... :rip:

And the fact that she herself said she rejected working with him several times because she didn't want to go the easy way + the fact that she has so many hits without ever working with Max and/or Dr. Luke, the two masters of pop productions... :dead:

Stupid Love was written with Max Martin... 

EDIT: i honestly don't even care about him. 

A Popster Is Born 12,811
1 hour ago, FRANZGA said:

I just want ROM to do a 1 full year in Spotify Global Chart :gaga-scream:

LYTLM did 38 non consecutive weeks on Spotify Global, which is the hit that ROM was compared to. ROM is performing in line with it so far, it has stayed on Spotify Global for 35 weeks consecutively.

ROM would easily do a lot more weeks if Gaga at the very least had  released another single with TTH treatment Alas its not happening so we'll have to put up with its performance.  

Its well over time for another single, what a frustrating era :gaga-scream:

A Popster Is Born 12,811
11 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Stupid Love was written with Max Martin... 

EDIT: i honestly don't even care about him. 

I think he did some final editing and i think interscope probably encouraged her to work with him thinking radio would warm up to the song, but I think they could create magic just those two together. Also Gaga working with some really young and fresh house producers.