Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 39,419
14 minutes ago, Andreu said:

the thing is that they said this in September and Shallow stabilised above ROM four months later than when they started to say it.

Yeah @little legendclearly trying to rewrite history, sis we laughed at people cause they said this back in like September not two weeks ago 

spit take GIF

• thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

10 of those people you mentioned are all fads now :rip: 

Does that change the fact that he produced the greatest hits of these artists, some songs being among the best selling songs of all time? No. :classic_rolleyes:

Popster for Sale 57,442
25 minutes ago, Krazy said:

Gaga has to work with Max Martin on her next album, the fact that he literally produced the biggest hits from Taylor, Katy, Britney, P!nk, The Weeknd, Kelly, Usher, Ariana, Selena, Demi, Ellie, Jessie J, Timberlake, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys... :rip:

And the fact that she herself said she rejected working with him several times because she didn't want to go the easy way + the fact that she has so many hits without ever working with Max and/or Dr. Luke, the two masters of pop productions... :dead:

I get your point but I prefer that she doesn’t go the basic way like Taylor/Katy etc did for quick lil hits (and yet Katy’s most memorable song is Firework which was not produced by Max Martin/Dr Luke), something stands out on Gaga's music is that it has always something new and doesn’t follow what’s popular at the moment which has given her a particular status and respect. That’s why everyone loves her smashes like Poker Face, Bad Romance or Shallow, she indeed has been less consistent in her big hit-making career through the years compared to some of her peers but when she comes back it’s always with a totally unique smash hit.

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 5
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,850
38 minutes ago, Andreu said:

the thing is that they said this in September and Shallow stabilised above ROM four months later than when they started to say it.

not me :ally:

25 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

I get your point but I prefer that she doesn’t go the basic way like Taylor/Katy etc did for quick lil hits (and yet Katy’s most memorable song is Firework which was not produced by Max Martin/Dr Luke), something stands out on Gaga's music is that it has always something new and doesn’t follow what’s popular at the moment which has given her a particular status and respect. That’s why everyone loves her smashes like Poker Face, Bad Romance or Shallow, she indeed has been less consistent in her big hit-making career through the years compared to some of her peers but when she comes back it’s always with a totally unique smash hit.

I don't know if you really understood my point, I'm saying that Gaga has so many hits without needing these two masters of pop productions, imagine how many hits she would have with them now if she had worked with them during the peak of pop (2008-2013 ), instead of working only with RedOne and DJWS, get the point? It's mindblowing! (and even today I still don’t understand why Gaga worked with DJWS cuz she's literally the only famous artist to have worked with him :awkney:).

Also, it’s no use using the argument from Katy fans that Max and Luke didn’t produce Firework, as it’s literally the only song out of the 6 songs from that era that reached number one, so that song was just an exception and I'm sure that if this song had their touch instead of the official producers, it would have reached number #1 anyway.

Edited by Krazy
  • shook 1