Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,129
2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Let's celebrate the fact that Gaga is the 18th artist with most monthly listeners in Spotify even though according to some "the Gaga experiment has come to an end" :billie:

I think the kinda underwhelming reception to Chromatica in the US colors his viewpoint.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,854
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

I think the kinda underwhelming reception to Chromatica in the US colors his viewpoint.

It seems like it's blown out of proportion and there's a negative bias there when he assumes she's over - I do think it's still sorta cool to hate on Gaga among your average straight male.

He does seem to have loved Rain On Me though 

Edited by zcasx

Moderator 17,129
Just now, zcasx said:

It seems like it's blown out of proportion and there's a negative bias there when he assumes she's over - I do think it's still sorta cool to hate on Gaga among your average straight male.

That guy put Just Dance, Monster, TEOG, DWUW and Shallow on his previous lists :billie:

He, obviously, doesn't hate Gaga.

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,854
Just now, corvus albus said:

That guy put Just Dance, Monster, TEOG, DWUW and Shallow on his previous lists :billie:

He, obviously, doesn't hate Gaga.

I didn't say he hated her though. 

Pop-a-911-ster 22,781
11 minutes ago, Miaou said:

She'll be #17 soon cause Mariah is freefalling :dead: And Taylor too so maybe top 15 in the upcoming weeks :dead:

is Taylor really falling that much? :snake:

Pop-a-911-ster 22,781
5 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Taylor sis ily and I stan but she released 2 albums in less than a year and is already falling in monthly listeners?

I feel like on the surface she looks very successful but then you look closer and everything truly looks “kpoped”

I’ve always felt that with BTS and Taylor. They seem really successful, but most of their streams and sales come from obsessed local fans and the GP isn’t interested as much. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Miaou said:

She'll be #17 soon cause Mariah is freefalling :dead: And Taylor too so maybe top 15 in the upcoming weeks :dead:

Hopefully she'll relaunch the era soon (as in weeks) so her monthly listeners stay increasing until we get another momentum:nicki_scream:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
2 minutes ago, zcasx said:

it that legit? :rip:

It seems like Without Me certifications - not Manic

Wikipedia has this list, which I think is more believable. I don't know about how certs work in many of the countries listen in that picture, but I don't think Romania (which doesn't have a consumtion chart) would give certs to foreign artists.

Argentina (CAPIF)[111] 5× Platinum 200,000^
Australia (ARIA)[112] Gold 35,000double-dagger
Canada (Music Canada)[113] 2× Platinum 160,000double-dagger
Mexico (AMPROFON)[114] Platinum 60,000double-dagger
Netherlands (NVPI)[115] Gold 20,000double-dagger
Norway (IFPI Norway)[116] Platinum 20,000*
United Kingdom (BPI)[117] Silver 60,000double-dagger
United States (RIAA)[118] Platinum

1,000,000double-dagger

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,859
19 minutes ago, donatellab said:

is Taylor really falling that much? :snake:

she was at 51.5M 5 days ago 

today she's at 50.1M 

Taylor lost almost 1.5M in 5 days :rip:  she'll drop below Gaga without a doubt 

Edited by Miaou
  • shook 3
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

10 hours ago, Andreu said:

and they already did, and that's why they haven't updated it ever since and it would have less units now that it did a few years ago.

Can they take away units from her sales from their own stupidity and using worldwide views instead of U.S? I didn't think that they could do that

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
7 minutes ago, thetea said:

Can they take away units from her sales from their own stupidity and using worldwide views instead of U.S? I didn't think that they could do that

I have no idea, but I assume they could since it needs to be a reason they haven't updated since then, when I'm 100% confident it has achieved a million units more ever since

Most monthly listeners

ariana grande: 76.36

justin bieber: 74.96

the weeknd: 66.58

Dua Lipa: 63.07

ed sheeran: 60

jbalvin: 57.26

Shawn Mendes: 52.84

sia: 51.76

drake: 51.49

billie Eilish: 50.95

bad bunny: 50.65