Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379

The selena song does nothing for me. I don't hate it but I don't care enough to listen to it again. I don't see it being a hit in spanish speaking country since it's nothing new nor better what a lot of other artist do. This is not selena's fault competely, because the production doesn't make things better at all. I feel like it was too short, but it's a criticism one can make of a lot of songs these days. The best part of the song for me was the outro, with the gorgeous guitars and her soft vocals slightly distorted in the background.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379
11 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The 69 remix is a new level of boring 

A remix of Goosebumps in TTH? :dead: isnt that song from 2016?

Edit NVM it's a dance remix that came out today, so now certain artists are putting dance remixes on TTH? :dead: 

edit 2: I guess he wants to have his Roses moment. But the difference is that the original is already an immensely popular song and still fairly recent so I don't think it'll work.

Edited by Andreu
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,283

Spotify Achievements (1/14/21)

Shallow crosses 1.373b streams (1,373,379,116)

ARUTW crosses 540m streams (540,134,153)

Rain On Me crosses 499m streams (499,260,842)

Bad Romance crosses 495m streams (495,016,055)

Poker Face crosses 479m streams (479,097,128)

LoveGame crosses 110m streams (110,052,235)

LWIF crosses 110m streams (110,026,745)

Babylon crosses 31m streams (31,012,330)

Notes

LoveGame is now Gaga's 21st (+1) most-streamed track... again. It overtakes Look What I Found.

911 is now Gaga's 28th (+1) most-streamed track, surpassing Marry The Night.

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
1 hour ago, corvus albus said:

Why does it sound better than Olivias song?

1 hour ago, ... said:

Yea I prefer his song

oh please..

Olivia's vocals alone is >>>>>>>>>>>

let alone, the BRIDGE

:icant:

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,812
52 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The 69 remix is a new level of boring 

Props to them actually taking the original off instead of her having FOUR songs on TTH... Seriously where was Scooter for ROM. ROM got a feature cover on Indian TTH on release, and NZ TTH like 8 weeks after release :mess: a smash in UK and no TTH cover at any point :awkney:

Fun Fact: the week before VMAs, ROM was #50 on TTH. It came out 2 months after BMH, reached 500m streams quicker, and was taken off TTH a month earlier then BMH. So if it was given the exact same preference as BMH it'd be at least 520m streams by now. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Moderator 3,690

Okay some thoughts:

The Selena song is extremely meh for me, I doubt it will do much.

The Joshua song is not for me. 

34+35 remix is honestly the best out of the three, but it shows rather how weak those other songs are.

Also some of you need to go to horny jail
b73.jpg

A Popster Is Born 16,838

Joshua's Lie Lie Lie is a bop tho..

it's just that his vocal delivery sounds amateurish.. 

Olivia's flawless airy and emotional vocal delivery on the other hand :bradley:

• paws up 2

Gaga is soon going to have a few songs at 500m. Million Reasons is 2m streams from 500m, Bad Romance is 5m away and Poker Face is 21m away from 500m. Also ARUTW is 60m streams away from 600m, so it'll probably get near 700m streams by the end of the year

Edited by thetea
  • yaas, gaga 3

I hope Gaga pulls a Katy and adds some views to Poker Face. I know its wrong, but all her peers add views to their videos, so it makes her seem like she gets less views compared to them. It'll be her third video to hit 1b and according to kworb it will hit 1b on the 18th April 2022 which is very far away. on the 13th jan it got 373,912 views and on average gets between 370k to 420k views and periodically enters the top 500 viewed videos. Bad Romance residency on the top 500 most viewed videos still hasn't ended and is pretty close to Shallow Live right now. Shallow Live is at 348 with  510,165 views which is amazing for a live performance and Bad Romance is at 356 with 499,592 views today. Gaga slaying with her song from 2018, a live performance from 2019 and even a music video from 2009