Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

5 hours ago, Delusional said:

The 69 remix by Ariana, Megan and Doja is circulating but I’m not saying where it is - but there is a snippet of it 

I hope this remix goes #1. It most likely will because it's popular on TikTok, has a lot of streams for an album track and is doing well already. We already know what Doja Cat's verse sounds like because she literally did the rap on an instagram live which you can find on youtube. Its just megans verse we have to wait to hear. It probably would've had Nicki Minaj too, but Ariana wouldn't want to ruin her image by collabing with someone who proudly worked with a known pedofile and defended him. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,849
14 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

if you think about it, FREE WOMAN is radio&streaming commercial song.. 

but it's kinda cheap for Gaga to have that Kygo'd song out there.. only Rihanna, Selena and the likes can stoop that low

:icant:

but wait, she already did it with the chainsmokered "The Cure" :gaga-scream:

13 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

but yup, i think we can all agree that

80s synth-pop is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 90s house

flop

• shook 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,435
1 hour ago, DeanClownchester said:

is he a liddo?

He’s gay and a semi liddo. That’s what I meant. 

and also I’m sorry for using a bad word; I’m still perfecting my English and while something in Italian or Polish (my other two languages) may sound harmless, it def did not in English, so I’m sorry.

:classic_love:

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • lol 1

2 hours ago, corvus albus said:

The crime of the decade. Bad Romance not going #1. What I would do to go back to 2010 and mass buy Bad Romance along with other fans. She won in the end, Bad Romance is 11x platinum, where is Tik Tok and Empire State Of Mind

• paws up 2

5 hours ago, GuiLM said:

I guess 34+35 has a small chance of going #1 the following week

It probably will. Ariana Grande is a powerhouse on the charts. Positions was #2 for so many weeks, and would've been #1 if Mood hadn't been spammed on the radio. Radio needs to weigh less on the charts. I hope 34+35 goes #1 and debuts at #1. If it does it'll be her sixth #1 debut. All her #1's are #1 debuts which is so cool. 

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,129
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

The crime of the decade. Bad Romance not going #1. What I would do to go back to 2010 and mass buy Bad Romance along with other fans. She won in the end, Bad Romance is 11x platinum, where is Tik Tok and Empire State Of Mind

Tik Tok is at 8x Platinum and Empire State Of Mind hasn't been certified since 2010 (3x Platinum then)

Moderator 3,690
2 minutes ago, thetea said:

It probably will. Ariana Grande is a powerhouse on the charts. Positions was #2 for so many weeks, and would've been #1 if Mood hadn't been spammed on the radio. Radio needs to weigh less on the charts. I hope 34+35 goes #1 and debuts at #1. If it does it'll be her sixth #1 debut. All her #1's are #1 debuts which is so cool. 

Umm 34+35 is already charting so there is no possibility of a debut uhm chile anyways...

Edited by Joesuda
  • paws up 2

Moderator 17,129
3 minutes ago, thetea said:

Positions gets more points from radio than Mood. 51% of Moods points are radio while Positions gets 56% of its points from radio.

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1348292732599508994?s=20

• paws up 1

1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

Positions gets more points from radio than Mood. 51% of Moods points are radio while Positions gets 56% of its points from radio.

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1348292732599508994?s=20

Wow. I never knew this. I saw everyone saying that Mood wouldn't be #1 without radio.

Moderator 17,129
Just now, zcasx said:

do we really think 34+35 can beat Olivia Twist with the huge amount of points she's gonna get this week?

make it make sense 

Absolutely not. Olivias song will get picked up by radio fast now and Ariana can't bridge the gigantic gap in streaming with sales and radio as Olivias sales are huge as well. That leaves only radio to give more points and that is relatively slow. 69 will peak at #2.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3