Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, DonnieDarko said:

That is, sadly, true.

Party Rock Anthem was cute... sexy and I know it was the body positivity anthem men needed!

Deactivated 14,311
Just now, DonnieDarko said:

Didn’t think about that tbh. Maybe you’re onto something after all. :bunny:

As Kim says from Kath n Kim- I’m not as dumb as I look :icant:

• lol 1

Deactivated 14,311
3 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I think it would be cute to have „love” reaction.  

It’s seasonal - so atm we have Love & Cookies and changes are coming so keep a look out :bradley:

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829

After a sh*tty Sunday update, ROM when Spotify updates last night climbed 15 places to #97.

BMH and SWU are both rotting outside the top 110 lol 

Re my thoughts on Stupid Love:

Spoiler

As a fan I like the song, but it just goes to show how she does what she wants. Any other artist would still be milking ASIB era :rip:and even if they wouldn't do that, they'd emulate the sound.

Gaga releases such a noisy basic song coming off an Oscar and mega smash. I feel like If you're going to completely change direction, you do so in the strongest way possible.

Her team probably wanted a solo hit, but she could've released something much nigh stronger and had a solo song with a chartrun to match the peak. I am starting to think SC should've been lead now, or ROM lead and then SC 2nd official single. Those songs have the best production, so clearly they know how to make something with more punch. SL was just a strange choice for a comeback. 

The MV really isn't as bad as everyone says it is - but again for your return you could've bought better outfits.

Ultimately Gaga wanted to release something 'Gaga'. She didn't re invent the wheel or do something completely fresh. That's why I think that her goal is acting and ballads now otherwise this era would be being pushed and have a stronger lead along with production

• paws up 1

9 hours ago, Gypsy Life said:

Period. Perfect Flopusion is the darkest spot in Gaga’s career, both commercially and quality-wise

766330967_max2.thumb.jpg.e2c6faace0d3060

Fixed :awkney:

Edited by Krazy

Deactivated 14,311
11 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

After a sh*tty Sunday update, ROM when Spotify updates last night climbed 15 places to #97.

BMH and SWU are both rotting outside the top 110 lol 

Re my thoughts on Stupid Love:

Hide contents

As a fan I like the song, but it just goes to show how she does what she wants. Any other artist would still be milking ASIB era :rip:and even if they wouldn't do that, they'd emulate the sound.

Gaga releases such a noisy basic song coming off an Oscar and mega smash. I feel like If you're going to completely change direction, you do so in the strongest way possible.

Her team probably wanted a solo hit, but she could've released something much nigh stronger and had a solo song with a chartrun to match the peak. I am starting to think SC should've been lead now, or ROM lead and then SC 2nd official single. Those songs have the best production, so clearly they know how to make something with more punch. SL was just a strange choice for a comeback. 

The MV really isn't as bad as everyone says it is - but again for your return you could've bought better outfits.

Ultimately Gaga wanted to release something 'Gaga'. She didn't re invent the wheel or do something completely fresh. That's why I think that her goal is acting and ballads now otherwise this era would be being pushed and have a stronger lead along with production

Or she just wanted to release fun music to dance to in clubs and Covid ruined that?

• thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,390
6 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Literally who?

Exactly 

thats my point an "allegedly" alternative pop upcoming star above a song that easily spent weeks inside the WW top10 without being pushed...

Moderator 8,183
24 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

I do love the oreos reaction too lmao

I did come up with the idea because not everything should be taken so serious. So I’m glad you like it :D 

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,129
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

thats my point an "allegedly" alternative pop upcoming star above a song that easily spent weeks inside the WW top10 without being pushed...

That song has been around since July and has barely reached 150M streams on Spotify. The video with 69M isn't any better.

• lol 1

It looks like it's "cool" to belittle Stupid Love (music and video) on this fan base, but I don't buy that.

It couldn't have been any other song to be released at that moment but this one, and trying to emulate ASIB's success with ballads for housewives would be a step backwards, by staying in the comfort zone, and and that's something that Gaga will never be, an artist who doesn’t take risks, and I'm proud of her for doing that.

• paws up 6

Deactivated 14,311
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

It looks like it's "cool" to belittle Stupid Love (music and video) on this fan base, but I don't buy that.

It couldn't have been any other song to be released at that moment but this one, and trying to emulate ASIB's success with ballads for housewives would be a step backwards, by staying in the comfort zone, and and that's something that Gaga will never be, an artist who doesn’t take risks, and I'm proud of her for doing that.

But Perfect Illusion is bad? I do however get what you are saying here and agree with this. 

• paws up 2