Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,791
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I remember when some ‘insider’ said Justin was bringing out Gaga to do this song at his Super Bowl because it was the only way he could convince the NFL to give him a show :icant:

maybe he should have with the snooze-fest he came up with :ohhh:

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
2 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I remember when some ‘insider’ said Justin was bringing out Gaga to do this song at his Super Bowl because it was the only way he could convince the NFL to give him a show :icant:

LMAO

377b889de720fedd54cf79c25be5306a.gif

Edited by DeanClownchester
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
Just now, Delusional said:

Excuse me that show was great besides the questionable outfits, Prince tribute and lack of WCA-CBA :ohhh:

that's a lot of besides for a great show methinks :ohhh:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
1 hour ago, Twitter said:

Nice seeing a POC and LGBTQ artist acheive this milestone. 

spacer.png

Not only nice. It’s long overdue a POC achieves huge success. He totally deserves it. And I couldn’t be more happy.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 18,409
19 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

The way it's at the end of the album, has no playlisting, no promo, has no single above on the tracklist, no collab etc and still gaining this much, 100% organic :oscar:

How many streams Replay has?

A Popster Is Born 18,409
1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Exactly. So many Black artists deserved to shine earlier but I’m so happy to see it finally happen during my lifetime. Even if Lil Nas X is just a one hit wonder, society can look back and said he DID THAT!

spacer.png

Just now, Twitter said:

Lemme go stream Replay for the rest of the day.

spacer.png

Same. 
Lisa Kudrow Dancing GIF by The Comeback HBO

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,674
12 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Not only nice. It’s long overdue a POC achieves huge success. He totally deserves it. And I couldn’t be more happy.

1 minute ago, Twitter said:

Exactly. So many Black artists deserved to shine earlier but I’m so happy to see it finally happen during my lifetime. Even if Lil Nas X is just a one hit wonder, society can look back and said he DID THAT!

spacer.png

I'm all for POC/queer representation in media and in the arts but...a poc achieving success is not exactly a brand new thing (gladly so)... I mean aren't most successful artists nowadays rappers who are predominantly poc? 

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
2 minutes ago, Twitter said:

Justin’s Super Bowl wasn’t a snoozefest but I will say it was rather underwhelming. Especially after 2017 had Gaga.

I was just exaggerating :icant:

It just didn't have wow

7 hours ago, Thrasher said:

UK Chart - Songs with most weeks in the Top 100

90 weeks
Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne - Rather Be
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow

No song has charted for 91 weeks. Next:

92 weeks
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
Christina Perri - A Thousand Years
Pharrell Williams - Happy
John Legend - All of Me
Ed Sheeran - Photograph 

Songs with most weeks in the Top 75

59 weeks
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
LMFAO feat. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock - Party Rock Anthem
Major Lazer & DJ Snake feat. MØ - Lean On
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow

Shallow has now surpassed Stay With Me and (temporarily) Blinding Lights. Next:

60 weeks
Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
Vance Joy - Riptide

yass gaga stays winning. I hope it charts for around 120 weeks so it'll be hard for any song to beat the record! Is there any chance that Shallow will make it to 100 weeks and anywhere past that?

Pop-a-911-ster 31,793

Always Remember Us This Way isn’t just a song, it’s a cultural reset, it’s the oxygen you breathe, it’s a lifestyle, a reason to breathe, an escape from this cruel world, it’s art, the first gift you open on Christmas, a hug from a loved one, everything you’ve ever wanted.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
15 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

this picture screams 'global era - no localness allowed'.. its the pink hair mainly:

2777bfe8dcbccfc4f4261d1a7dfd6cf3.jpg

it fits in well with:

Hide contents

220px-Laundry_Service_cover.png

and:

Hide contents

De8O4EmWsAAMtwf.jpg

this iconic trinity :ohhh:

La Tortura and All The Thing She Said the best hit songs from the early 2000s and Bad Romance and Poker Face the best ones from the late 2000s i fear

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
10 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Always Remember Us This Way isn’t just a song, it’s a cultural reset, it’s the oxygen you breathe, it’s a lifestyle, a reason to breathe, an escape from this cruel world, it’s art, the first gift you open on Christmas, a hug from a loved one, everything you’ve ever wanted.

wow what a writer :bunny:

Popster for Sale 44,674
12 minutes ago, Twitter said:

That’s not what I’m saying. POC artists finally start actually shining and given equal opportunities as white artists. In the past 20-50 years, POC artists always had to work 5x harder to acheive the same level of success as any white artist.

Meanwhile most Black artists created staples and quality music in all genres but you or no one else would know about cause its been overlooked. Also the music industry use to have POC artists write for white artists to shine more. 

I feel that and it's very true, just the way you guys worded it was confusing.  

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 2