Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

A Popster Is Born 14,833
3 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

the fact that they could do this cringy thing but not a few actual performances from her house :mess:

We had Smile and The Prayer from her house :icant:

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
10 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

He isn't wrong - witness was a flop in Anglophone countries. However, in parts of Asia and non-English Europe its success is underrated.  CTTR was definitely a hit throughout Europe, with SS and BA making more noise there too. What sets Chromatica apart is its peaks and success in USA and SA, as well as everything else like its critical acclaim lol. I actually think in your country Spain, Witness at least has a platinum single. As of now Chromatica has ROM as gold and I believe its hard to go gold as an album there without multiple hits

Idk how to word it, but in "cold numbers" they might be close, but not when they are put in perspective with their environment, since there are multiple very important factors:

In 2020 it's way harder for a pop female artist to succeed than in 2017, I feel. If we take Spain for reference, ROM was still one of the most successful anglophone songs of the year, and the only one released in 2020 to go top 10, so I would be surprised if it doesn't end up going platinum. But it's 2020, and on top of the GeePee being over pop-dance music, the pandemic made the units go slower.

I think pulling the "no promo card" is kinda dumb because Gaga could have promoted, but beyond this it's undeniable that KP promoted the album everywhere while for Gaga was crickets. Also, KP had better investments ( :ohhh: ) and IIRC when CTTR was released she was spotify's muse the way Dua is now.

But it's true than BA and SS are seen as massive flops because they were in the US, meanwhile they did cute (and even way better than CCTR) in many European countries.

• paws up 2

5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

when CTTR was released she was spotify's muse the way Dua is now.

Nnn I remember the MASSIVE Spotify promo for CTTR when it was released and we were all pressed because Gaga was non-existent on playlists at that time and it was around SB time.

Only for CTTR to spend 2 weeks Top 10 in the US and 3 weeks (thanks to BRITs) in the UK :katy_pie:

A Popster Is Born 11,582
1 minute ago, artgagapop said:

this was the 5th most streamed song in Sweden of 2020, having soon 60M streams on spotify,  it's time for Gaga to target those 2 year olds :icant:

Baby Shark becoming most viewed video on Youtube teas :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
2 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

this was the 5th most streamed song in Sweden of 2020, having soon 60M streams on spotify,  it's time for Gaga to target those 2 year olds :icant:

Reminded me of the kii when I discovered there is a music video for a catalan-language song for babies at 300M :dean_scream: so we can't say miss Rosalia has the most viewed video for a song in our language :dean_scream:

• lol 2

Gaming Leader 8,440

Inb4 some pop girls starts doing kids lullabies to go platinum in certain countries :icant:It's the new thing now.

Watch out Christmas albums, here comes the Sharkdo-do-do-do covers chile. :mess:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 41,924
6 minutes ago, Lorde Von Kok said:

Inb4 some pop girls starts doing kids lullabies to go platinum in certain countries :icant:It's the new thing now.

Wouldn't be a bad thing methinks. Easy Grammy too :oscar:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 14,833
1 minute ago, danwasd said:

leaksy have made their account private and asking for attention doubts about potential releases :ohhh:

well, not private anymore mess :nicki_scream: