Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Just now, Delusional said:

Interscope low-key threw Gaga under the bus to release Ice Cream as a single LOL

Well i bet the Blackpink feature on Chromatica was always supposed be a single and build hype around both artists but gaga prob refused to do anything with it because "they are bigger things going on in the world" so they just went to their 2nd biggest female artist on the label so blackpink could still have a single with a international pop star :horse_race:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,809

2020 has been n gone - The Chromatia era has been frontloaded, but now her team have had so much ample time to prepare for the upcoming year. I don't think ROM performed aswell as they wanted to even w/o promo, but it would've performed better or become a bigger thing if they'd given it an Oscars or SB moment which is what her songs need in the US. They become a moment. 

What Chromatica is crying out for is an organic hit - one that lasts for over 20 weeks - not one based on hype or first week payola. That's what her team should get her. ROM has been fully milked so they can move on. It's not like in October 2020 when they probably didn't want to sacrafice ROM playlists and airplay (the playlists and airplay that was left) for 911. They can fully do something fresh. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 2

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

I personally love the song as it grew on me after THE ALBUM release - but I can see why people didn’t like it 

b*ch, you have +5000 points already! Gurl... the payola... too much...

• yaas, gaga 1

Deactivated 14,311

I don’t get why Ava is bigger in Europe than US - isn’t she literally American? I guess I’m just confused as to why her label invests in Europe more than US.

NOT YOU BEING A POPSTANNE!!!! it looks like Popstain tho!

• lol 1

Moderator 17,116

I don’t get why Ava is bigger in Europe than US - isn’t she literally American? I guess I’m just confused as to why her label invests in Europe more than US.

Bad environment for pop in the US, especially for women. It's not 2010 anymore.

• paws up 1

the kind of songs she makes are alot more popular in Europe then US right now 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,082
1 hour ago, thetea said:

I totally agree but why does everyone say that the Bon Appetit views were faked? Is there any evidence to back this up, i'm very curious.

Katy Perry - Bon Appetit (ft. Migos)

2019/03 | 11,446,570 | 369,244

2019/04 | 41,029,959 | 1,367,665

It went from 11 million in March to 41 MILLION in April :awkney:

• shook 3
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,809

Lol why would she be bigger in US? Look at how much hard work Dua label put in to her her album to scrape plat 9 months later. Ava is not only foreign, in particular she does a brand of pop that is not trendy at all in America. America likes rap, men, and TikTok. Ava does a tribute Godga act with ASIB pop songs... No way is that smashing in the US :billie:

• paws up 1

Deactivated 14,311
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I was about to ask if Katy Perry would ever have a copy cat of her own and then realised Dua is already getting radio investment and has black hair

spacer.png

Wasn’t she the self proclaimed Lily Allen of America? 

• lol 2

Deactivated 14,311

I was about to ask if Katy Perry would ever have a copy cat of her own and then realised Dua is already getting radio investment and has black hair

spacer.png

ALSO I love DUA AGAIN now that she has her natural darker longer hair again.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,185

spacer.png

Well Katy’s singles were selling BIG back in the day so her singles’ radio A&I matched their actual consumption 

• paws up 2