Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

3 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

For English MVs only, it's 2016-2018 methinks

2016: 4

2017: 5

2018: 4

Oh, I was talking about mvs in YT in general but yeah, you are right.

Edited by Ms I am a local

A Popster Is Born 12,811
5 minutes ago, Hags Labs said:

Despite YT falling off for US/European artists I guess it's safe to say that Katy and Taylor clearly were getting an important portion of their views thanks to massive playlisting. Guess money really does RUN OUT for certain artists... Dua Lipa and Spotify's "investments" on her coming next. tiffany pollard laughing GIF

It's not fair that FaDua is getting all this payola, when our fave literally abandoned her era after 2 singles and even those 2 singles didn't get the proper TTH treatment they deserved.

It makes he wonder if Fadua's teams strategy changed to streaming and releasing music in light of COVID, compared to Gaga just scrapping her plans that centred around a lot if performances and two radio singles... So basically was FN always going to have 6 singles and a remix album :billie:

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • sad 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838

2016-2017's YT Views are just crazy :rip:

Everyone was like snatching views left and right that time except Gaga :gaga-scream:

the fact that this is at 2B+ Views now but felt like not a SMASH, at least for me :icant:

Edited by FRANZGA

Pop-a-911-ster 31,811

off topic but this performance is amazing :dead: the vocals :dead: the reorchestration :dead: the choreography :dead:

Edited by Miaou
  • yaas, gaga 3

A Popster Is Born 16,838
1 minute ago, Gypsy Life said:

2017: 393M
2018: 365M
2019: 307M
2020: 286M

so even with the RISE of LatAm and Asian Videos, YT is still on a decline??

:gaga-scream:

A Popster Is Born 12,811
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

This was not a bomb... literally everyone knows this song cos of the iconic music video lol

Actually... I looked into... It was FADTRL that told me it was a bomb - it actually performed on par if not better than the Chromatica singles, especially in Europe... I am confused as to why it has that reputation... It charted between 15-20 weeks in most cases. Maybe it should've smashed harder back then 

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
3 minutes ago, Miaou said:

off topic but this performance is amazing :dead: the vocals :dead: the reorchestration :dead: the choreography :dead:

LoveGame's choreo is so underrated :bradley:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,276
10 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the Just Dance performance from the same show, I know it has slight auto tune but I think it goes over really well within the performance, plus Gaga absolutely slays per usual :carly_bye:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 41,795
Just now, Delusional said:

I guess it didn’t do that amazing in the US with Rihanna’s standards but 

1. Shakira never seems to push her singles that much in the US anyway, she doesn’t seem bothered about the market 
  2. Even Waka Waka - a song I personally thought was one of the biggest ever - peaked barely in the top 50 of the BB100 :katy:

So the US seems to constantly be sleeping on Shakira’s singles. 

GLOBAL

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,811
3 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the Just Dance performance from the same show, I know it has slight auto tune but I think it goes over really well within the performance, plus Gaga absolutely slays per usual :carly_bye:

No I was going to post that... But this is my all time fave:

Imagine if Chromatica had this level of promo and performances... But I do remember back then in 09 until August she went really deep sounding on her vocals like an Xtina mimic :billie:

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,795
20 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

More importantly. I don't want this thread to turn into feral frenzy mode when I'm gone for a few weeks. 

8df.gif

Hide contents

I might not be a mod but I'm still your mother :snake:

Mama Corvus and Papa Miaou @Miaou? Adopt me

Spoiler

Both of them are probably gonna drag me in some way :fall:

Edited by BenG
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,276
7 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

No I was going to post that... But this is my all time fave:

Imagine if Chromatica had this level of promo and performances... But I do remember back then in 09 until August she went really deep sounding on her vocals like an Xtina mimic :billie:

Girl her deep sounding vocals were the best

I love this performance of Paparazzi :bradley: b*ch is OWNING the stage/performance with a handful of dancers & moving light screens and VOCALS. I knew back then she was gonna be a legend and all the dumb straight guys in High school laughed at me...dumb straight people :icant:

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,204
23 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

This surprised me the way it bombed... It is a good song, frih feature... I can only think it was just not repayable enough 

Whew what a MOMENT:bradley:

That’s how you do a female collab with 2 pop icons, the video is iconic and soccer moms were shook by the “lesbianism” going on :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1