Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

ARTPOPster 1,082
5 minutes ago, danwasd said:

is just that those supposed-to-be-hidden-things are, in fact, irrelevant to the question.

No, they aren't irrelevant, saying that one song is bigger than other without showing how much investment and promotion both songs had to be able to compare them fairly is, in short, stupidity or dishonesty.

Edited by Krazy
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,849
11 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

165    +104    Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (From A Star Is Born/Live From The Oscars) 1,026,220 
170    -28    Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (from A Star Is Born) (Official Music Video) 1,022,426 

17adc0726ad5ac92e4529635b03db649.gif

SHALLOW Live coming for Most Viewed Live Performance Record or what??
:dead:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,416
30 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Yall talking about NRO and The Cure for what reason? No one remembers these 2 fads in 2021

Exactly, like for once we have something to track and people keep fighting over those flops

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 14,832
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

No, they aren't irrelevant, saying that one song is bigger than other without showing how much investment and promotion both songs had to be able to compare them fairly is, in short, stupidity or dishonesty.

Clearly if you want to normalize your data (and I'm, honestly, taking this too serious lmao) of course you'd need to take into account the promo, the presence or lack of video and so on. But when talking about which song is bigger, we're talking usually about both the perception of the GP of it and its sales, streams etc; that's to say, we're comparing their absolute value and not the normalized one, as the GP could not care less (honestly) about if a song has a MV or even a SuperBowl performance when assessing whether it's a hit song or not.

Thanks for coming to my TED essay :oscar:

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,917
33 minutes ago, Krazy said:

But NRO was bigger just because of the countless factors that I already showed, without them, it would be smaller than CT, what can you not understand?

Case closed.

NRO is bigger, The Cure could have been bigger.

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 16,849
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

that's a good topic for discussion, but admit it that you're saying that cause Gaga is in the losing hand..

say, comparing Daisies and ROM's success.. or WITNESS vs JOANNE, or WITNESS vs Chromatica.. you among other Gaga stans will accept the receipts at face value while the Katy stans will be yapping about "promo" jockstraps" "merch" "Ariana" "Blackpink"

sometimes, we have to take off our stan goggles and discuss objectively..

ARTPOPster 1,082
13 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

165    +104    Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (From A Star Is Born/Live From The Oscars) 1,026,220 
170    -28    Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (from A Star Is Born) (Official Music Video) 1,022,426 

She should have released the live version of Shallow at the Oscars on iTunes the following week, Shallow would have held #1 and sold 2m pure copies in the US with the combined versions.

Popster for Sale 41,917

I Can't Give You Anything But Love is Gaga's biggest smash hit, we been knew. No lead single rollout, no live performances, no radio deals, no playlisting. Shallow had Bradley, a movie, Grammys, Oscars, Enigma etc. etc.

• paws up 1
  • lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 3

ARTPOPster 1,082
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

Case closed.

NRO is bigger, The Cure could have been bigger.

But that was what I was saying all along, you guys who like to put on a show for everything.

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,829
Just now, Fame Romance said:

Exactly, like for once we have something to track and people keep fighting over those flops

Lol... its as if someone has called Don't Start Now or WAP a flop the way people are going on about NRO!!

They were brainwashed about NRO like it was some Adele release by FADTRL!!  OGH preying on liddos 2013 PTSD and looks like it worked! 

The tea:

That BOMB has horrible peaks despite  decent Spotify streams, but literally served the cure chartrun everywhere as I demonstrated. And as for its streams  - it still hasn't outstreamed that local frontloaded MESS 'You Need To Tank Down' and looks like it won't anytime soon! 

Scream GIF by Originals

Spoiler

Lol jk of course :billie:

Popster for Sale 41,917
4 minutes ago, Krazy said:

She should have released the live version of Shallow at the Oscars on iTunes the following week, Shallow would have held #1 and sold 2m pure copies in the US with the combined versions.

Why would anyone even buy that? :billie:

The vocals are really not the strongest selling point in that performance.

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

ARTPOPster 1,082
3 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

that's a good topic for discussion, but admit it that you're saying that cause Gaga is in the losing hand..

say, comparing Daisies and ROM's success.. or WITNESS vs JOANNE, or WITNESS vs Chromatica.. you among other Gaga stans will accept the receipts at face value while the Katy stans will be yapping about "promo" jockstraps" "merch" "Ariana" "Blackpink"

sometimes, we have to take off our stan goggles and discuss objectively..

It's not because I'm a Gaga fan, I'm looking for the truth. You can't say that one song is bigger than another without explaining why. Will that song stop being bigger than the other? Not! But tell the full story.

Popster for Sale 41,917
Just now, Delusional said:

Bradley’s vocals are honestly unlistenable in that performance :rip: I always keep watching trying to pretend to enjoy it cos I know it was a smash hit :katy:

Also Gaga: "I'll never EAT the ground"

• lol 6

Pop-a-911-ster 29,010
x3
4 minutes ago, BenG said:

Why would anyone even buy that? :billie:

The vocals are really not the strongest selling point in that performance.

The soccer moms and republican fans would have loved it

• paws up 2