Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,128
14 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

i'm glad Dua and Harry served real eras with multiple singles, videos and performances. I'm so tired of the drop 1-2 singles pre album and disappear tactics that has been going on lately in pop not only gaga but pretty much everyone is doing it, it's just so boring to follow :rip:

Harry performed? Not that I heard of any

• paws up 1

23 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Still a cute 9 weeks, 200M streams and probably eligible platinum by now. 

Literally Stupid Love :rip: I think they pulled it because another video/single is coming. 

Days within TTH:

Golden (5th single): 64 days (so far)

Stupid Love (1st single): 62 days

Don't try to compare a 5th single that has had an investment equal to or even bigger than a lead single. Harry's the male version of Dua Lipa and and both wouldn't be found on the charts if they had received the kind of "promotion" that Chromatica and its singles had.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,825
20 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

i'm glad Dua and Harry served real eras with multiple singles, videos and performances. I'm so tired of the drop 1-2 singles pre album and disappear tactics that has been going on lately in pop not only gaga but pretty much everyone is doing it, it's just so boring to follow :rip:

There's a new ''insider'' member on the G site in 'sour Candy is coming really soon' thread trying to say interscope are sat on several MVs and they won't release until the tour is secured because they would lose money :billie:

Fraudsiders came up with the babylon free woman MV and they simply reuse to take the L and say its BS they have no idea what's coming :rip:

• lol 1

4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

“The total of TCB tour dates with the SA & Asian legs to be confirmed, including festivals, was 28. A second date for London and Paris were already confirmed and closed, plus one in Berlin and 2 major European festivals aswell.“

Some new insider trolling GGD :icant: Gaga doesn’t even pay attention to her own dog Asia let alone the continent.

Only thing i believe is that she will add concert in Tokyo, and that's it, if she dont cancel tour...

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

All I meant was that at first glance they look the same but obviously if you look deeper into it you’ll see Harry received more promo and playlisting.

What you said is correct. SL did underperform past its peak for a lead tho, it should've at least charted long enough to snatch a YEC in the US. In Europe it straight up bombed... Chromatica isn't that big a hit with GP, but especially as she gets the bare minimum off Spotify and US radio re investment vs. Newer artists... There was no reason for ROM to be taken off TTH an entire month before BMH or be out the top 10 only 5 weeks into its release :rip:

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
23 minutes ago, corvus albus said:

Harry performed? Not that I heard of any

Didnt you know if an album is succeeding effortlessly f words suddenly domt need any promo or perormances at all? :icant:

Spoiler

ASIB tease :ally:

Spoiler

Jk

Spoiler

But not totally

Edited by Andreu

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

All I meant was that at first glance they look the same but obviously if you look deeper into it you’ll see Harry received more promo and playlisting.

It's not necessary to look deeply to know that no one promoted and had more inve$tment than Harry, Dua & The Weeknd this year. A pop album doesn't even have a 5th single released if there hasn't been a big promotion on the previous and current singles.

• paws up 1

9 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

Sad that the first day of the tracking week... was Christmas

But that's a good thing, as some Christmas albums will still be above Chromatica next week, and with those Christmas albums falling the following week, Chromatica will rise again.

3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Really? I don’t think she’d add a date there. Japan is a country you need to invest in a lot - with performances and huge amounts of promo - if you want to sell there.

She hasn’t even promoted in the countries there are already dates for.

She didn't promote anything this year....with her activity its more like that she will cancel tour instead of adding dates

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,860
1 minute ago, Krazy said:

But that's a good thing, as some Christmas albums will still be above Chromatica next week, and with those Christmas albums falling the following week, Chromatica will rise again.

what? :katy:

how is two smaller rises better than one big rise and holding for another week

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 12,825

35 weeks for Chromatica is more than fine imo in the US. Hopefully then the era will re start end of Jan with Sour Candy, which will probably help it to chart everywhere for at least another week - and then hopefully a re release with new music. Ideally ROM would win pop duo and Gaga perform there and ROM may even rechart... Alas its a stretch we'll even get a SC MV lol 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

Chromatica is coming for 52 weeks. I speak it into existence. :shine:

With promo and a re release - 58  weeks. I speak that very specific number into existence. 

But without anything at all as things stand - 33 weeks 

With Sour Candy mv and pop duo win - 36 weeks 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

35 weeks is way too much of an underestimate. Y’all know how Gaga likes to surprise with her chart performances. It could easily last 40+ weeks with 2-3 more videos pushing it 2 more weeks with each release imo. 

But then again, the chart surprises aren’t always good. 

Im going off what we've had so far whereby a soffi tukker remix enabled Chromatica to scrape by... Surely all the silence, purple hair, and Nicola journey continues means Chartster can at least get another song above 50m playlist reach in 2021:dean_scream:

• lol 1

Gaming Leader 1,283
x2
5 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

With promo and a re release - 58  weeks. I speak that very specific number into existence. 

But without anything at all as things stand - 33 weeks 

With Sour Candy mv and pop duo win - 36 weeks 

I think Exile will win pop duo tbh, even if it doesn't, they might give it to Dynamite

• paws up 1
  • sad 1