Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,132
Just now, Delusional said:

I recently found out the Needed Me was actually Rihanna’s biggest BB100 hit in terms of amount of weeks and I was seriously shocked, I thought the song was a flop? :rip:

Really I don't know who streams this song so much, it has 800M+ streams on Spotify and is a multi-platinum hit in many countries, I guess it had more longevity but Work felt so much bigger at the time

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318
45 minutes ago, BenG said:

An alternate version will be coming on Friday methinks

Inspo from his bestie

I am getting the "gift for the fans" vibes from his new song, and unlike when most artists do this, in this case it feels legitimate (cant believe im saying this about Ed but yeah). I guess well see if it really is a buzz  christmas droplet with no much commercial expectations depending of the fraudery we see through the week.

7 minutes ago, Delusional said:

I recently found out the Needed Me was actually Rihanna’s biggest BB100 hit in terms of amount of weeks and I was seriously shocked, I thought the song was a flop? :rip:

3 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Really I don't know who streams this song so much, it has 800M+ streams on Spotify and is a multi-platinum hit in many countries, I guess it had more longevity but Work felt so much bigger at the time

The second single of Anti was kind of a double single: Kiss it better for europe (which tanked) and Needed Me for North America, hence why it felt like a non-event for you in France. 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,951
15 minutes ago, Delusional said:

The fact that MR is out streaming Work in daily streams 

also Work had like 9 weeks at no.1 versus needed me with a #7 peak LOL

giving me Delicate vs. LWYMMD by TS teas

Work is so f-ing unlistenable 

like literally “wah wah wah wah, you see me do me drrrrr drrrrr drrrrrr, say me better wah wah wah wah wah, when you hon lrn lrn lrn lrn lrn care for my tmeeee tmwee tmmeeeee”

you literally cannot understand a f-ing word unless you’re literally reading the lyrics 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,951
3 minutes ago, Delusional said:

spacer.png

Vote me chartsers. 

the chorus is a bop but the verses are so boring :rip: 

Agree to disagree, I’d rather gouge my ear drums out then listen to any part of that song

Wait I forgot about this lyrical masterpiece from Drizzy “if you had a twin I would still choose you”

spit take GIF

thx drizzy drake 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • lol 2

Kindness Admin 7,520
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

The new Ed Sheeran is kinda boring (not more boring than Cardigan) but I think the GeePee will eat it up. I already saw a couple girlies sharing the song in his stories.

I wonder why he did not release it on friday tho, is she that confident he wont need the whole week to get his #1? Or does he truly dont care (which i have a hard time believing)?

I don't think Ed has the Stan base to land a #1 launch week, so I don't think they care about such things.

Popster for Sale 41,583
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Ed Sheeran is such a monster tho, his whole top 5 on Spotify page being at 1B+ I- :rip:

Truly the Adele of streaming :rip:

Adele held back 25 from streaming services that's why :rip:

13 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

The idea of the video is interesting but sadly the budget is low and it lacks some quality.

And Zoey did something to her face surgically I think. Her lips and general features looks so different.

But Katy said let me stroll this baby and call it a day and I love her for that.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,748
5 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Spotify WW

#151 Stuck With U

#160 Rain On Me 

#165 Break My Heart 

Mess! What happened to the year end playlist increase :awkney:

Gaga's Sunday streams are always the worst

Pop-a-911-ster 27,621
4 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Spotify WW

#151 Stuck With U

#160 Rain On Me 

#165 Break My Heart 

Mess! What happened to the year end playlist increase :awkney:

During christmas season, less people listen to dance pop songs and more people listen to slow songs or ballads.

Popster for Sale 41,583
5 minutes ago, danwasd said:

NTEOTW video is a very good idea with a very bad execution. Chromatica era teas. :oscar:

I think you spilled some Earl Grey, sir :bradley:

Edited by BenG