Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 41,578
19 minutes ago, PanPikus said:

But Joanne album is not about her Aunt. :cupcake:

There is only one song about her and it's title track. The rest have nothing to do with Joanne. It's just that Gaga dedicated the album / era to her Aunt, to honour her. 

More like Grammy-bait with the whole "personal record" narrative :billie:

And it worked. 3 noms and 1 win :billie:

• yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 458
2 minutes ago, BenG said:

More like Grammy-bait with the whole "personal record" narrative :billie:

And it worked. 3 noms and 1 win :billie:

I still can't believe back then the approach for the album promo is traditional in a sense that Bobby did not include streaming into their plan. 

How oblivious Gaga's Interscope team as always. For instance, only with the release of SL they realized the importance of tik tok.

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 458
1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Gagas team would be amazing if they didn’t do everything last minute - it’s time to have that convo.

Back in 2014/2015, Gaga said in an interview her team is always monitoring everywhere to see what ppl's thinking/talking about the Gaga brand. 

I love how Gaga was candid about these back then. Now she don't usually talk about this lol

• paws up 1

1 hour ago, gagaxuan said:

I still can't believe back then the approach for the album promo is traditional in a sense that Bobby did not include streaming into their plan. 

This is not true.

She was sabotaged by that RAT Troy Carter, who was in charge at Spotify during that time.

Million Reasons was NEVER placed in TTH, even though it was perched at #1 on itunes for weeks. There was a lot of demand (as seen by it turning into a classic and one of her biggest spotify hits, even though it got ZERO support)

MR would have gone #1 during Superbowl week if it had Spotify support, since the digital sales were big.

GOD punished that RAT by getting fired by Spotify and later getting sued by Scooter Braun for stealing money from him.

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popster This Way 567
16 hours ago, corvus albus said:

I'm thinking of the time where we couldn't even manage to stay above 2M and now seeing us go this high again makes me happy for Chromatica. The album deserved more but I'm still glad I have it. 

Yeah I remember joanne times ...

Popster This Way 567

Also I listend to born this way the other time and Omg...I am surprised everytime how good that album is ! I think its her best work yet! I cryed thinking that she put this whole album out just for the LGBTQIA+ Community and other minorities....She wanted t be that1 Person in the room for all of us ...

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,838
x3
5 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

KatyCats getting yet another MV... and us we're waiting for something else than Haus Rats..................................

I'm tired

Omg she is coming to smash the records 

I'm almost sure she will manage to get over 20m views in just a year 

• lol 4