Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Moderator 17,129
3 minutes ago, Spinning Bottles said:

What the hell? The blatant scammery. Does that even count? I thought the minimum price for the first week was $0.49 in order to count...

At least the Swifities can never talk about Born This Ways Amazon can again :billie:

• lol 5

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
12 minutes ago, Spinning Bottles said:

They should change the chart a lot imo.

• No more zillion remixes. A remix is only allowed to count if it's the single version, ala E.T. and Bad Blood.
  • No more album tracks. Just singles (= a song sent to radio). Album tracks count towards SEA for the Billboard 200 album chart while singles don't.

This is actually a really good idea 

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,397
23 minutes ago, Spinning Bottles said:

• No more zillion remixes. A remix is only allowed to count if it's the single version, ala E.T. and Bad Blood.
  • No more album tracks. Just singles (= a song sent to radio). Album tracks count towards SEA for the Billboard 200 album chart while singles don't.

Yeah I totally agree with this, like people who do well on streaming multiply their chart entries every time they release an album and it’s not fair to artist from the physical era where having a chart entry was a big deal and only reserved to singles 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,914
39 minutes ago, Spinning Bottles said:

What the hell? The blatant scammery. Does that even count? I thought the minimum price for the first week was $0.49 in order to count...

$0.39 actually. $3.49 for albums. This restriction applies for 3 months for tracks, and 4 weeks for albums.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Spinning Bottles said:

i like this, especially the non singles thing

but radio should be remopved from hot 100 

or have less impact  

• paws up 4

swift is so desperate my god :rip: only one bigger than her is adele and yet she resorts to such tacky tactics

willow will be another bomb like cardigan, whats the point even. 

kinda wish gaga was a bit more desperate dddd 

17 minutes ago, Yanko said:

i like this, especially the non singles thing

but radio should be remopved from hot 100 

or have less impact  

I agree. Either that or they need to change their playlists faster. The problem with radio is that they hold on to songs too long, +5.00 and -5.00 updates on radio should be the norm. Otherwise you get songs like Circles that are out for 15 months and is still top 25 on there.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,849
3 minutes ago, BenG said:

Haven't tracked radio in a really long time. Didn't know positions is doing numbers there.

positions by Ariana and Holy by JB are smashing there

$cooter ha power methinks

Popster for Sale 41,914
Just now, FRANZGA said:

positions by Ariana and Holy by JB are smashing there

$cooter ha power methinks

Love Me Right (feat. Justin Bieber) coming to smash next year. #Radio2021isOurs

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
10 minutes ago, PanPikus said:

Then joke's on her, cause at that time everything will be about Adele's comeback :oops:

exactly like when no one released in Q4 2019 because it was all gonna be for Adele's comeback?

Edited by Andreu