Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 44,848

To think that if they just release a Sour Candy MV it will also match or outdo Midnight Sky, a cute hit from Miley, in the streaming game. Whe'd be looking at a minimum of 300M views on Youtube (450M if we count the audio and the lyric videos) and a minimum of 250M in Spotify if we're being a tad optimistic. In the long run Midnight Sky will have like 350M streams on Spotify max and 150M views on Youtube. 

So we'd have 550 - 700M for SC (depends if you count the audio or not) and 500M for Midnight Sky.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
3 minutes ago, zcasx said:

Exactly and ROM is doing 1M+ daily while MS is just doing about 100-150k (it did 1,126M today for instance) more so I don't think that huge gap is going to be closed anytime soon. Same goes for Youtube, the release was 2 months apart and ROM has more than double the views (99M vs. 260M)

I do think they were referring specifically to the chart-run so they might be similar in that sense but absolute numbers ROM is a lot bigger.

Chartrun yes 

It's the same as BMH.. Lower peak but longer chartrun.. But all 3 songs ultimately successful. It was a point that being frontloaded isn't always a bad thing. I think ROM/Chromatica needed to have performed a bit better in certain European markets. Its just analysing what's made the era be underwhelming I guess. But hopefully sour Candy will avenge this and not be put out like an Xmas gift. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,848
1 minute ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Chartrun yes 

It's the same as BMH.. Lower peak but longer chartrun.. But all 3 songs ultimately successful. It was a point that being frontloaded isn't always a bad thing. I think ROM/Chromatica needed to have performed a bit better in certain European markets. Its just analysing what's made the era be underwhelming I guess. But hopefully sour Candy will avenge this and not be put out like an Xmas gift. 

I'd rather be realistic and from the look of it best case scenario they are just going to release the MV. If the MV is good though it'll pull massive views and hopefully push Spotify streams a bit further too, boosting the sales from Chromatica too. This is all we need to consider this era a good performing one (given the circumstances and lack of promotion)

A Popster Is Born 12,829
7 minutes ago, zcasx said:

I'd rather be realistic and from the look of it best case scenario they are just going to release the MV. If the MV is good though it'll pull massive views and hopefully push Spotify streams a bit further too, boosting the sales from Chromatica too. This is all we need to consider this era a good performing one (given the circumstances and lack of promotion)

This is being realistic:

t'll make noise for 2 days get a 5m playlist increase and never be heard of or mentioned again :awkney: oh but at least we know SC will out stream ROM faster! *Sighs*

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,848
7 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

This is being realistic:

t'll make noise for 2 days get a 5m playlist increase and never be heard of or mentioned again :awkney: oh but at least we know SC will out stream ROM faster! *Sighs*

that's kind of what I was saying. I think the rise on Spotify would be entirely because of the SC MV since I don't see them sending it to playlists/promoting it at all. 

Pop-a-911-ster 29,757
9 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

This is being realistic:

but we don't care we want content and that content if it exists will slay youtube

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 11,580
59 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Assuming Sour Candy is coming, which do y'all prefer? original version or a remix version like a little longer with rap part for LaLegend :shakes:

I would actually like to have a video with an extended version, like 1 minute longer with that version being released on iTunes but on AM / Spotify with no change, original version. 

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,986
x3

iTunes WW:

+3
Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
89 +102
Lady Gaga - Always Remember Us This Way
198 NEW
Lady Gaga & Elton John - Sine From Above

I didnt realize that Rain On Me was already out of the top 200:rip:

Popster for Sale 41,891
7 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

It's f-ing up and slowing my own browsers. My biggest enemy is me teas

Which browser are you using lol

5 gifs managed to stomp on it? :billie:

9 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Hopefully yesterday's ROM Spotify acknowledgement was her confirming the Sour Candy remix TTH top 5 residency :uhh:

It's Sour Candy ft BlackPink not Sour Candy ft Doopa Loopa :mess:

• lol 2

If Sour Candy is actually pushed as a single, knowing its huge commercial potential, I see these Spotify stats for Gaga in June 2021

1 song above 1B : Shallow

7 songs above 500M : Shallow, Rain On Me, Always Remember Us This Way, Million Reasons, Bad Romance, Poker Face, Sour Candy

the streaming antidote indeed :happydance: that'd be such a slay

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
1 minute ago, PerfectGUY said:

7 songs above 500M :

inb4 the swifties, Katycats, Beyoncesters etc

Shallow

thank you bradley

Rain On Me

thank you ariola