Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,397
1 minute ago, Andreu said:

girl you know I have no interest in defending the Music Industry™, but let's not act like half of the streams for Rare aren't coming from the Kygo and Marshmello collabs from 2017

Nope she didn't include any of those songs on Rare, the oldest one is LYTLM from November 2019

A Popster Is Born 12,829
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Funny how The Music Industry™ is struggling to outstream the tank of the century according to stan Twitter aka Rare :mess:

Rare and witness were not actually tanks in the same vein ARTPOP wasn't 

I'd say a true flop or a tank is an album like Smile or Madame X. Anything that charts on Billboard for under 25 weeks is floppy. Getting to 27-30 weeks is scraping into not bad territory. High Peak + North of 25 weeks + platinum (eventually) = fine.. Like with Chromatica/ARTPOP it's just bad to witness.mp3 because there's never any stability but its still drawn out long enough to not be a complete failure

Moderator 3,690
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Funny how The Music Industry™ is struggling to outstream the tank of the century according to stan Twitter aka Rare :mess:

I wonder if they count every songs streams ever or just in 2020. This list clearly still favores releases from the beginning of year and if they are only counting total streams  then an album that has a hit from 2018 is heavily favored and this list does not show actual consumption in 2020. 

Does anybody have a list of most streamed albums from their release date? That would be a better indicator of consumption compared to tacking on a 3 year old hit to an album and then counting its total streams for the albums streams. 

Popster for Sale 57,397
3 minutes ago, Joesuda said:

I wonder if they count every songs streams ever or just in 2020. This list clearly still favores releases from the beginning of year and if they are only counting total streams  then an album that has a hit from 2018 is heavily favored and this list does not show actual consumption in 2020. 

Does anybody have a list of most streamed albums from their release date? That would be a better indicator of consumption compared to tacking on a 3 year old hit to an album and then counting its total streams for the albums streams. 

In actual 2020 streams this list would look like:

1. FN

2. Rare/Folklore

3. Rare/Chromatica

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 4
  • thanks 1

RIP Angel 1,992
1 hour ago, Fame Romance said:

This might be a dumb assumption, but I would argue that pre-covid albums sold better cuz the economy wasn't f-ed up yet at that time.

Moderator 17,129
3 minutes ago, Daylight Oreos said:

This might be a dumb assumption, but I would argue that pre-covid albums sold better cuz the economy wasn't f-ed up yet at that time.

These are streams, not pure sales. Nothing to sell here.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 16,849

Assuming Sour Candy is coming, which do y'all prefer? original version or a remix version like a little longer with rap part for LaLegend :shakes:

• yaas, gaga 1

7 minutes ago, FRANZGA said:

Assuming Sour Candy is coming, which do y'all prefer? original version or a remix version like a little longer with rap part for LaLegend :shakes:

Remix with Lisa+Jennie rap part and Rose joining Gaga in last "I am hard part" part. :shakes:

Edited by zoldyck

A Popster Is Born 12,829

Just looking and I am shocked to see MS can possibly out perform ROM charts wise - I thought it only made noise in a few countries 

ROM had the better peaks in more countries 

MS lower peaks but is lasting longer on charts 

Although ROM was frontloaded, it was frontloaded in a good way (vs. SL) Ultimately the songs are commercial successes. Both MS and ROM get to the same end goal in terms of certs and good streams, but have different chartruns. But that's fine. You'd take the higher peak and the same cert vs. Lower peak and 3-4 weeks extra imo. 

Pop-a-911-ster 39,400
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Just looking and I am shocked to see MS can possibly out perform ROM charts wise - I thought it only made noise in a few countries 

ROM had the better peaks in more countries 

MS lower peaks but is lasting longer on charts 

Although ROM was frontloaded, it was frontloaded in a good way (vs. SL) Ultimately the songs are commercial successes. Both MS and ROM get to the same end goal in terms of certs and good streams, but have different chartruns. But that's fine. You'd take the higher peak and the same cert vs. Lower peak and 3-4 weeks extra imo. 

I love MS, I think it just passed 200M a little bit ago, ROM on its way to 500M, so ROM will definitely win the streaming competition

Love Miley and happy to see success for MS :romance:

• thanks 2

Oooopp I just got some new tea regarding SC.

My source is saying that he heard in SC video GODGA will be an elf, meanwhile the BP girls fairies. Also there's a possibility the video is coming as a Christmas gift. 

:classic_ninja:

• shook 2
  • lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
19 minutes ago, Gagacharts said:

Some artists wish to have an "underperformance/flop" like this. 

Tea 

And the fact Godga released such a noisy unstreaming friendly song originally 6 weeks before release. 

Others start releasing months before, add old songs, remixes, fraudery. I think Chromatica has been very deliberately delivered this year tbh. It's like:

This is being put out as it is, im going to be socially responsible and try to not be all over the Airways to promote a dance album in 2020, promo and tactics to increase streams aren't important, and I'll come back to the album when I see fit. 

Although it doesn't excuse the HLs and other suff but maybe Chromatica promo was gonna be more than insta posts lol 

Just now, entela said:

My source is saying that he heard in SC video GODGA will be an elf, meanwhile the BP girls fairies. Also there's a possibility the video is coming as a Christmas gift. 

Christmas hit incoming?

Merry Christmas Dance GIF by Noam Sussman

Popster for Sale 44,866
5 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I love MS, I think it just passed 200M a little bit ago, ROM on its way to 500M, so ROM will definitely win the streaming competition

Love Miley and happy to see success for MS :romance:

Exactly and ROM is doing 1M+ daily while MS is just doing about 100-150k (it did 1,126M today for instance) more so I don't think that huge gap is going to be closed anytime soon. Same goes for Youtube, the release was 2 months apart and ROM has more than double the views (99M vs. 260M)

I do think they were referring specifically to the chart-run so they might be similar in that sense but absolute numbers ROM is a lot bigger.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
2 minutes ago, entela said:

Mess that'll be a flop then and not make any charts noise being released at Xmas... They officially don't care :rip: