Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

Popster for Sale 57,311
7 hours ago, FRANZGA said:

that's also the case for every major popstars with huge base tho

Yeah but releasing TONS of versions multiplies this phenomenon and makes it seem like the whole country rushes to buy her album on release week lmao 

She’s done it with her last few albums and also in the past she had released tons of merch bundles and encouraged fans to buy up to 13 copies first week to have a better chance to get tour tickets, done deals with Papa John’s and other brands to multiply her sales 

Like yeah she’s popular in the US and her albums usually serve longevity, if she wants to sell albums and earn money for her work I don’t see any problem with doing these tricks, the problem is that’s she’s always been obsessed with this kind of stuff and her chart success is often inorganic and not representative of her GP popularity  

• thanks 5

A Popster Is Born 12,829
35 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

the problem is that’s she’s always been obsessed with this kind of stuff and her chart success is often inorganic and not representative of her GP popularity  

You want some tea? OK some tea:

I wrote a record and just wanted to share it with u guys. Coming out tonight ' *smartink*

The Gheys etc: OMG so authentic! A true artist not depending on payola and just letting music speak for itself, dropping her art like this! 

*2 days later*

Radio deal

Discount 

Lyric video 

Several remixes 

ITunes and AM banner

Taylor instructions on how to VPN stream to count for US chart 

Another remix 

Signed single bundle 

And so on and so on... So it's silly of people keep buying into the Taylor brand BS... Lol. 

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • thanks 5
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
36 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

You want some tea? OK some tea:

I wrote a record and just wanted to share it with u guys. Coming out tonight ' *smartink*

The Gheys etc: OMG so authentic! A true artist not depending on payola and just letting music speak for itself, dropping her art like this! 

*2 days later*

Radio deal

Discount 

Lyric video 

Several remixes 

ITunes and AM banner

Taylor instructions on how to VPN stream to count for US chart 

Another remix 

Signed single bundle 

And so on and so on... So it's silly of people keep buying into the Taylor brand BS... Lol. 

Spoiler

this spillage :billie:

I think at this point we've seen many artist have been successful at selling themselves as something they are not, because let's be honest, most of the public/listeners/Geepee/whatever you want to call it won't care enough to be bothered if the way an artist is selling themself is real. 

Some artists based their marketing on selling themselves as "queens" and borderline godly figures, and the public ended up buying the way they were presenting. Now some artists are trying to sell themselevs as authentics, and the public is eating it up too

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681

I really hope, if they release a "Sour Candy" music video, that they will release it on the 25th.

The christmas songs would all fall and it´s the same week as the live performance, so they could upload it for extra sales and a new peak.

Moderator 3,690
10 hours ago, Fame Romance said:

This is a better reflection of her selling power since there’s not 16 versions like Folklore or Lover and no  release on stores on the first week 

Great numbers nevertheless but the fact that she’s doing less than 1/3rd of Folklore’s pure sales in the same conditions with less versions shows that her astronomical sales are always inflated by fan mass-buying 

I would disagree that this is not a true reflection of her selling power. Her main selling power has always been physical albums and this week there are no physicals that will count (as they are shipped next week or a week after that). I do agree that her last 2 weeks were boosted by multiple versions, but these units are not truly reflective.

Yeah the 4th remix of WIllow is getting desperate. Also all the titles, is she building a Coven for Willow remixes. :billie:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
4 minutes ago, entela said:

It's getting weird

Not 5 versions and all of them discounted, all happening 1st week.

The level of DESPERATION :dead:

This is so sad.

Nowadays you only need 10k hardcore stans, release 20 remixes of your song to get 200k first week sales which equal 400 points and a #1 debute. 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384

The funniest part of this is that:

Last week, big twitter accounts who like to pretend they are insiders: OMG guys stop talking about Sour Candy  it's not coming if it were we would know it sad sailor moon GIF

Lady Gaga today: literally captioning IG pics with SC lyrics :ally:

• lol 5
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,829
5 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Last week, big twitter accounts who like to pretend they are insiders: OMG guys stop talking about Sour Candy  it's not coming if it were we would know it sad sailor moon GIF

Ended closet person :billie:

OfTpc:

• lol 1

Popster for Sale 57,311
10 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Last week, big twitter accounts who like to pretend they are insiders: OMG guys stop talking about Sour Candy  it's not coming if it were we would know it 

Tbf she promoted Rat Labs stuff while teasing 911 MV with the teal hair, a part of me doesn't wanna get hurt by setting up my expectations but at the same time the signs seem kinda obvious so I'm Torn.mp3 :shakes:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
4 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Tbf she promoted Rat Labs stuff while teasing 911 MV with the teal hair, a part of me doesn't wanna get hurt by setting up my expectations but at the same time the signs seem kinda obvious so I'm Torn.mp3 :shakes:

I was skeptic too and I wasn't buying the fairy thingies (I was sure it meant something because her last posts give me pre-911 miniera teas but I was not sure I believed it was related to SC). But now she captioned a picture with lyrics of the song so there is no reason to be skeptic. Maybe what's coming is not what we'd like to see, but I feel like there's something SC related coming definitely in the next month.

Pop-a-911-ster 30,384
2 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Funny how The Music Industry™ is struggling to outstream the tank of the century according to stan Twitter aka Rare :mess:

girl you know I have no interest in defending the Music Industry™, but let's not act like half of the streams for Rare aren't coming from the Kygo and Marshmello collabs from 2017