Charts Discussion - Thread of the Year ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Dean Judaster

1 minute ago, Delusional said:

Alice isn’t my favourite song ever but I have to admit I think it would have been a very iconic moment in pop culture if it was the lead

stupid love was just too stale on release week. fans create hype and buzz - so if something isn’t good they aren’t going to spread that buzz are they. which is why leaks are bad imo

I 100% agree. Alice is not one of my favorites neither but it would've worked SO WELL as a lead single... She needs to start hiring younger people im sorry, her team is just useless 

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 29,801
1 minute ago, Hags Labs said:

I 100% agree. Alice is not one of my favorites neither but it would've worked SO WELL as a lead single... She needs to start hiring younger people im sorry, her team is just useless 

gbkfknbgkfnkhk + the way they used Chromatica I --'

• sad 1

Stupid Love should have been a promo single with Iphone video like "Look at her now". Don't know what the lead should have been though, the only obvious single choices are ROM and SC. Maybe Alice/Replay would done better as lead :shakes:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fame Romance said:

They had already made a bad lead single choice but I guess they released it anyways even if it was leaked because they had filmed the MV since January?

the song leaked on the 21st and they shot the mv on the 24th. If she had a team that can adjust themselves against bad circumnstances, they'd still shot the music video and proceed to pick Alice as the lead. Considering how dreadful the SL mv was, they couldve keep it and released it then as a promo single. It was a sign from above and they didnt listen.

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Just now, Hags Labs said:

the song leaked on the 21st and they shot the mv on the 24th. If she had a team that can adjust themselves against bad circumnstances, they'd still shot the music video and proceed to pick Alice as the lead. Considering how dreadful the SL mv was, they couldve keep it and released it then as a promo single. It was a sign from above and they didnt listen.

Apparently they knew people only leak the best songs so they went with SL anyways :icant:

• sad 1
  • lol 5

Just now, artgagapop said:

Apparently they knew people only leak the best songs so they went with SL anyways :icant:

im CRYING... I still remember when fraudga said that and the fanbase got WORRIED bc we didnt want edm 2016 chainsmokers rejects! :gaga-scream:

ps: we kinda got them tho ie: free woman 

Popster for Sale 41,911
12 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Not y’all being mad at willow remixes when y’all were just saying a few weeks ago Gaga should have released the 911 remixes with the video so it could have charted :icant:

Wouldn't have charted anyway because the video was credited to the wrong song :pillow:

• lol 3
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,387
12 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Not y’all being mad at willow remixes when y’all were just saying a few weeks ago Gaga should have released the 911 remixes with the video so it could have charted :icant:

tbh there's a middle ground between releasing multiple versions through release week depending on how the original song is performing and releasing remixes three months after the video/TV performance. I don't think most people here would have liked to see Gaga releasing two SL remixes on its release week.

• thanks 5

A Popster Is Born 18,435
3 hours ago, corvus albus said:

IT wasn't about promo though. It was a general question about songs/albums that have longevity.

I think you either didn’t understand the original discussion in question or my reponse to it. Or both? My point stands tho. 

3 hours ago, Gagacharts said:

Many songs which are included in movies get constant promo from Netflix, Amazon Prime and others, but non of them is comparable to Shallow.

The songs is a certified classic that gets covered nearly every week.

Yes, that’s why I’ve said „mainly because of great music...”. Great music plus constant promo for more than 2 years now is resulting in Shallow and ASIB stomping not only on Gaga’s current and some of her previous albums but also on most of other pop girls’ eras and we love to see that. Shallow and ASIB will have insane longevity.

can't believe how tragic this era has been even before it started, the silence and wait during the whole 2019 when we thought we would get something. The SL leak followed by SL mv leaks, every photoshoot somehow leaking before gaga gets to post them. ROM, Free woman and Babylon leaks, no promo for SL, all promo spots booked and video shoots cancelled because of Corona and they did nothing to make up for them. Chromatica delayed with SL bombing on the charts and when we finally got the album Gaga got threats on twitter for celebrating her album release and she never talked about the album again. :icant:

The only enjoying part of this era has been the ROM release week :snake:

• paws up 6
  • hugs 2
  • sad 4
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 2

Popster for Sale 41,911
Just now, ViviLittleM said:

This week’s climbs for Chromatica on official charts:

UK: +50
Belgium Wallonia: +49
US: +28
Spain: +15
France: +10
Italy: +4
Canada: Re-entry
Belgium Flanders: Re-entry

Sleeper hit album me thinks :ohhh:

Just now, ViviLittleM said:

This week’s climbs for Chromatica on official charts:

UK: +50
Belgium Wallonia: +49
US: +28
Spain: +15
France: +10
Italy: +4
Canada: Re-entry
Belgium Flanders: Re-entry

Time for coffemaker to take a well deserved vacation after this hard work that made Chromatica rise :icant:

• lol 3

Popster for Sale 41,911
2 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Time for coffemaker to take a well deserved vacation after this hard work that made Chromatica rise :icant:

Oreo did that me thinks :ohhh: