Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster to Popster 4,487
2 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I don’t even think we’re ever getting like an official “3rd single” I mean I think they may service 911 to steaming a little bit just for album promo, but everything else at this point is purely for album promo. There’s not gonna be a big 3rd single. I think even if 911 took off it would be a complete surprise even for the label. It’s not like they’re banking on it being a huge single for Gaga. Just help sell the album and keep the streams coming and keep Gaga’s name out there during GRAMMY time

Agreed. She nabbed a top 5 song and a number one hit. That’s more than I honestly expected going into this year. 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,257
3 minutes ago, ConnorFilm said:

Agreed. She nabbed a top 5 song and a number one hit. That’s more than I honestly expected going into this year. 

Plus with the lack of overall promo that we have had, I think the hold on Spotify has actually been pretty incredible? It’s only getting passed by Dua, Taylor’s new album, Ava’s LITERAL new album and Billie’s old album. Once H&H falls it’s not like Chromatica is gonna be in bad company. It just needs a little extra promo to help it hold on now, and hopefully that is coming.

Edit: I don’t remember how well Rare and Manic held on but I feel like Chromatica is doing pretty good on that end

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,646

Sour Candy can absolutely be a streaming hit, look at the numbers it's still pulling with absolutely no promotion... a great MV + decent playlisting would renew it's interest and it's such a catchy song. If it does well they can think about other singles. If not just keep promoting the album. If 911 does something then it's even more of a no-brainer.

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 2

Just now, zcasx said:

Sour Candy can absolutely be a streaming hit, look at the numbers it's still pulling with absolutely no promotion... a great MV + decent playlisting would renew it's interest and it's such a catchy song. If it does well they can think about other singles. If not just keep promoting the album. If 911 does something then it's even more of a no-brainer.

SC could easy end up at 300-400M spotify streams and even more youtube views if pushed as a single. it doesn't really matter if it does shit on radio/official charts since it will help the albums numbers alot. 

• paws up 3

Kindness Admin 7,528
9 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Charts-releated since this girl can't stop tanking on everything :rip:

dead snow white GIF

• lol 2

Sour Candy is THE smash waiting to happen

if released so, the video is MINIMUM hitting 700M views and the streams will MINIMUM end up around 400M

that alone makes the song a big hit. That's why they have nothing to lose releasing it, it won't look bad if it flops bc it's already not a flop. That's what Harry Styles did for Watermelon Sugar, and it did wonders for the song and the album

but I'm personally convinced it could be much bigger. All my friends who listened to Chromatica remember this song as their favorite. It's not the best song but it's the best song ON FIRST LISTEN (which is what makes or breaks a single)

it's easy to listen to, short, easy to understand, yet an original sound that's not been around lately but still feels very fresh

Edited by PerfectGUY
  • paws up 2

Kindness Admin 7,528
1 minute ago, xo_hours said:

knowing Gaga she won’t film the SC mv until she can get together in the same room as BP

Let's hope the Blackpink rumors are true and they're in NYC (doubtful). They spend next week filming, two weeks editing and then Gaga launches the video a week before the SNL and does 911 and Sour Candy there on Halloween. SOUR CANDY makes a lot of sense for a halloween show tbh.

Thank you, hire me Bobby :sweat:

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 10,029
26 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

Plus with the lack of overall promo that we have had, I think the hold on Spotify has actually been pretty incredible? It’s only getting passed by Dua, Taylor’s new album, Ava’s LITERAL new album and Billie’s old album. Once H&H falls it’s not like Chromatica is gonna be in bad company. It just needs a little extra promo to help it hold on now, and hopefully that is coming.

Edit: I don’t remember how well Rare and Manic held on but I feel like Chromatica is doing pretty good on that end

Rare collapsed pretty quick, it was helped by the Deluxe which brought it back to 6M daily but it was doing 3M daily 7-8 weeks after release and now it's been doing like 1,8-2,1M daily

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,646
10 minutes ago, PerfectGUY said:

Sour Candy is THE smash waiting to happen

if released so, the video is MINIMUM hitting 700M views and the streams will MINIMUM end up around 400M

that alone makes the song a big hit. That's why they have nothing to lose releasing it, it won't look bad if it flops bc it's already not a flop. That's what Harry Styles did for Watermelon Sugar, and it did wonders for the song and the album

but I'm personally convinced it could be much bigger. All my friends who listened to Chromatica remember this song as their favorite. It's not the best song but it's the best song ON FIRST LISTEN (which is what makes or breaks a single)

it's easy to listen to, short, easy to understand, yet an original sound that's not been around lately but still feels very fresh

My thoughts exactly. I really can't wrap my head aroung how people think this shouldn't be pushed. I'd even say 500M spotify minimum in the long run, since right now it's going to reach 300M in the long run probably.

• paws up 1

Kindness Admin 7,528
Just now, chartgaga said:

Rare collapsed pretty quick, it was helped by the Deluxe which brought it back to 6M daily but it was doing 3M daily 7-8 weeks after release and now it's been doing like 1,8-2,1M daily

Yeah, for sure. We started obv way above Rare's streams and then fell way less sharply, even before the promo kicked in for VMA.

A Popster Is Born 10,029
Just now, admin said:

Yeah, for sure. We started obv way above Rare's streams and then fell way less sharply, even before the promo kicked in for VMA.

yes but it's not like Rare was also deeply promoted, Selena did like 1 talk show on debut week, then did Ellen/Jennifer second week and then disappeared, released a Rare performance late February and then deluxe with boyfriend in March/April that was never serviced to radio despite gaining some good traction on iTunes / YouTube and Spotify and AM