Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popster for Sale 44,583
8 minutes ago, entela said:

GODGA is such a marketing genius hihihihi

Poor those f words that where whining yesterday...serving, she should film The Cure video and drop out of ASIB tea

tiffany pollard laughing GIF

Ok Gaga just sell your cookies, no need to call you fans f*ggots. Remember Born This Way?

The Fame Popster 333
On 11/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, little legend said:

If DWYW video was released it could actually go #1 on BB and ARTPOP wouldnt be considered a flop 

Does anyone know (or have a guess) what impact an MV might've had on DWUW's performance? It's crazy to me that, despite the following happening AFTER its release as a promo single:

• CHR / Rhythmic CHR Radio 
  • ARTPOP release
  • X Factor, SML, AMAs, The Voice performances
  • Xtina remix release

DWUW never managed to out-Chart its debut (#13). I can't imagine a single from a big Pop act not re-entering Top 10 with that much promo / hype of an album release. It spent 19 weeks on BB100 and peaked on Radio in 01/2014!

• Debuted / peaked #13 (11/02/2013); 19 weeks total on BB100
  • Peaked #7 on Pop Radio (1/25/2014) / #12 on Radio (1/4/2014)
  • Peaked #3 on Digital Song Sales (11/9/2013)

*BBs dates get pretty messed up as you go back in time; it was released 10/21/2013.

I believe the MV was scheduled for December, when it was in the 16-20 range; would it have really made much difference? Some of her team's worst moves include the way they handled promo singles:
1. EOG: (BTW) released within 1 month of Judas and Hair; debuted / peaked #3.
2. DWUW: (ARTPOP) perfect timing of sponsorships near the time for a 2nd official single; released as a promo, peaked upon debut in the U.S., and was ineligible for UK Charts until after ARTPOP's release (1 insta-grat rule).
3. Dope: released same week as ARTPOP > huge reduction in sales due to "complete my album."

Regardless, DWUW feels like it *should* have been bigger (at least on the level of EOG), given how well it did those 19 weeks. I'd like to think Top 5 would've been achievable with an MV, but even Top 10 would have made the era appear stronger, and maybe led to a proper 3rd single (i.e., Gypsy).

• paws up 2

Just now, GuiLM said:

:katy_pie:

Oh this acc tweet = it's 100% fake

It's not realistic AT ALL. Literally there are no date for the Oreos drop (pink & green) prob in January so no, no music video is coming out way.

Also YG wouldn't allow BP not to be in the package too.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,724
32 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

while you all imagine make believe Sour Candy music videos here is some chart news :katy_pie:

#6 most streamed female artist in the UK!!!!

22 minutes ago, GuiLM said:

GLOBALGA

• lol 1

I have to admit it’s cool that my avi is currently #2 on the Useful Avis Chart. Hopefully with some popa911 investment and Beyonce’s remix I can get that number one.

@Delusional you ain’t safe. This time payola won’t save you

Edited by CherryPie
  • lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 3