Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Popstanne 7,571

By the way, Justin Bieber also released a sh!t ton of singles in the past year or so 

1. 10,000 Hours (released October 2019)

2. Yummy

3. Intentions

4. Stuck With U

5. Holy

6. Lonely

7. Mood Remix

8. Monster

Also @ all of these songs being collabs/duets except for Yummy

And OGHs say Gaga can't get a solo hit :shakes:

Edited by JennyWayne

Popster for Sale 57,180
9 minutes ago, JennyWayne said:

By the way, Justin Bieber also released a sh!t ton of singles in the past year or so 

1. 10,000 Hours (released October 2019)

2. Yummy

3. Intentions

4. Stuck With U

5. Holy

6. Lonely

7. Mood Remix

8. Monster

Also @ all of these songs being collabs/duets except for Yummy

And OGHs say Gaga can't get a solo hit :shakes:

1/8 singles being solo and it tanked harder than Titanic  :rip:

• lol 1

10 minutes ago, little legend said:

the fact she prefers to promote You and I and Joanne and not songs form her brand new album:rip:

i mean the song choices makes sense but it's funny that she will have performed more of her old songs during 2020 then the ones from her 2020 album :dean_scream: 

• paws up 2
  • lol 1

4 minutes ago, ViviLittleM said:

The new video they posted on Gaga’s channel will break Most views in 24h record

86 878 so far!

It's a new thing vevo is doing and the others who have it are at like 1m views depsite the uploads being months old so it's kinda doing good :horse_race:

Edited by artgagapop
  • paws up 2

8 hours ago, PerfectGUY said:

2020 has really been a huge year for music : Kesha, Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga, Harry Styles, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, Halsey, Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, Shawn Mendes, BLACKPINK, Sam Smith, Ava Max, Taylor Swift all releasing albums is crazy

Too bad most of these suck and are unmemorable :shakes:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 28,920
x3
31 minutes ago, little legend said:

the fact she prefers to promote You and I and Joanne and not songs form her brand new album:rip:

Joanne Germanotta (born Joanne Stefani Germanotta on March 12, 1955, and died on December 18, 1974) was Joe Germanotta's sister who died at 19 years old of Lupus.

This makes sense now

• paws up 1

UK Chart - Songs with most weeks in the Top 100

19. Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne - Rather Be (90 weeks)

20. (+1) Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow
              Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (89 weeks)

21. David Guetta feat. Sia - Titanium
       Vance Joy - Riptide (87 weeks)

Shallow is now the 20th song overall with more weeks in the UK Chart ever and the 3rd female song, only behind Chandelier and All I Want For Christmas is You :kiss:

• paws up 6

Italian Albums Chart 

25. (-13) positions 
37. (+9) WWAFA,WDWG?
53. (-3) Chromatica
57. (=) Future Nostalgia
66. (+5) A Star Is Born
90. (-1) Back To Black
97. (-15) Heaven & Hell

Chromatica chart-run in Italy: 1 - 2 - 4 - 11 - 14 - 19 - 20 - 24 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 30 - 30 - 27 - 32 - 33 - 22 - 35 - 34 - 31 - 33 - 37 - 42 - 50 - 53

Gaga having the 3rd and 5th international female albums charting (5th and 8th female albums overall) :kiss:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 11,824
24 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

250M views for the serve of the year :shine:

A moment in pop culture and the peak of the Chromatica era so far. I love this video so much :bradley:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,180
8 minutes ago, Doncho said:

A moment in pop culture and the peak of the Chromatica era so far. I love this video so much :bradley:

I was in tears when it came out, I didn't know she would reach aesthetic perfection like back in the TFM days :bradley:

This is everything I had dreamed of since 2014 as an Ariana stan :bradley:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

The Fame Popster 333

Let's not act like Chromatica is an album about bluffin' with her muffin. It was written, in her words, about dancing through pain and anxiety. Ignoring obvious candidates (1000 Doves, SFA, FW) with sensitive lyrics / production, acoustic versions of other up-tempo songs (Alice, SL, ROM, Enigma, Replay) would have given them / Chromatica depth. 

Choosing these stale songs vs. Chromatica now shows just how delusional the "the era will restart [insert goalpost]!" brigade truly was. You & I was 1 of her first singles to struggle; Million Reasons earned its place as an iconic hit, but I shouldn't have to remind anyone how; while I understand the sentiment of using Joanne (song) for a Lupus-related event, she'd have never broken 'character' during any other era. 

I get not using Together At Home for personal promo; I know BLM coincided with Graduation and her older ballads appeal to a broad base. But, Chromatica's message was important / relevant to 2020 and - just as she pushed its music, tour, and merch to fans - Gaga could've used any 1 of the platforms she's had since April to bring attention to it, and to the bigger topic of mental health.

• Stupid Love (Acoustic) at Together At Home would've exposed it to a huge audience and gave it the legs it needed. 
  • 1000 Doves (Piano) could've debuted anytime from Graduation through this Lupus event, and made available on streaming / digital platforms after.
  • Free Woman would've resonated with the Graduation audience / those who missed out on the planned Rain On Me PRIDE performance.
  • SFA (Acoustic) would've been a great song calling for unity at the Biden rally (with the Versace ads running concurrently).
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,632
5 minutes ago, JustJames said:

Let's not act like Chromatica is an album about bluffin' with her muffin. It was written, in her words, about dancing through pain and anxiety. Ignoring obvious candidates (1000 Doves, SFA, FW) with sensitive lyrics / production, acoustic versions of other up-tempo songs (Alice, SL, ROM, Enigma, Replay) would have given them / Chromatica depth. 

Choosing these stale songs vs. Chromatica now shows just how delusional the "the era will restart [insert goalpost]!" brigade truly was. You & I was 1 of her first singles to struggle; Million Reasons earned its place as an iconic hit, but I shouldn't have to remind anyone how; while I understand the sentiment of using Joanne (song) for a Lupus-related event, she'd have never broken 'character' during any other era. 

I get not using Together At Home for personal promo; I know BLM coincided with Graduation and her older ballads appeal to a broad base. But, Chromatica's message was important / relevant to 2020 and - just as she pushed its music, tour, and merch to fans - Gaga could've used any 1 of the platforms she's had since April to bring attention to it, and to the bigger topic of mental health.

• Stupid Love (Acoustic) at Together At Home would've exposed it to a huge audience and gave it the legs it needed. 
  • 1000 Doves (Piano) could've debuted anytime from Graduation through this Lupus event, and made available on streaming / digital platforms after.
  • Free Woman would've resonated with the Graduation audience / those who missed out on the planned Rain On Me PRIDE performance.
  • SFA (Acoustic) would've been a great song calling for unity at the Biden rally (with the Versace ads running concurrently).

Yeah we can delude ourselves all we want. She's just not commited to Chromatica for some reason and it shows.