Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Right now only Grammy Chromatica deserves is best video for 911 but that is for next year and maybe Pop Duo for RoM. Chromatica wasnt album of the year and Rain On Me was not the record or song of the year and I dont think Stupid Love and Alice will get nominated at all

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,744
14 minutes ago, beng said:

Some members might have to eat crow after belittling positions (album)'s debut numbers :shakes:

Well, they weren't good numbers and definitely made me feel even better about Chromatica's great debut. Howeever as shown by ASIB soundtrack longevity is where it's at and Ariana is getting it, deservingly. 

Popster for Sale 44,744

Talking about longevity...

49 (+2)  HOLIDAY by Lil Nas X    1,479,638 (+82k)

This was prematurely declared a flop me thinks. 

11 (+7)  34+35 by Ariana Grande    2,511,759 (+260k) 

The MV is really helping this song climb.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,744

96    Rain On Me (with Ariana Grande) by Lady Gaga    1,026,693

Soon it'll be out of top 100.

Maybe that makes them push another single. Who am I kidding :ohyes:

Edited by zcasx
  • sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,744

I have been following the performance of holiday for 2/3 days on the internet and it's so cool that a rap song with the line "I might bottom on the low but I top sh!t" is being so well received especially by the rap community. People seem to be really excited for Lil nas X either has a person or as an artist. Even people that didn't particularly like the song are still wishing for it to succeed. It's interesting that in the supposedly "homophobic" rap world the support for Lil Nas X is so much bigger than from the pop stans who are being toxic towards him and wishing he's a one-hit wonder. Of course they do that to anyone so it's no surprise. 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,744

Why are you guys so pressed about Ariana? Jeez. Her first week numbers where underwhelming and people reacted accordingly. I'ts also normal that we poke a little fun at the fanbase that credited Chromatica's success to Ariana. Now she's doing great, good for her, no need to get defensive.

If Gaga had the same first week numbers everyone on here would have crucified her too. 

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 41,838
39 minutes ago, Gagalvaro said:

I’m starting to lose all the hopes I had for an AMA performance:bradley:

Why you have hopes in the first place is the real question

• paws up 2
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,744
49 minutes ago, Gagalvaro said:

I’m starting to lose all the hopes I had for an AMA performance:bradley:

Are there any performers left to be announced?

Edited by zcasx

A Popster Is Born 11,845

Im predicting 3 Grammy noms for Gaga

- ROM Pop Duo (not a lock for a win but I would say its the frontrunner)

- Chromatica Pop Album

- 3rd nomination could be ROM for ROTY, or Chromatica for AOTY. I think the Grammys will give her at least 1 nomination in the big categories, since Gaga had a great year overall

Hopefully Im surprised with more and not less :ohyes:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,845
7 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

If meltdowns are bad over her not acknowledging her AMAs, imagine when she doesn't get the Grammy noms we expect and she doesn't even acknowledge them... This is giving me artpop teas :shakes:

She will get noms easily. The challenge will be to get a win. And for Gaga to care of course :bradley:

Edited by Doncho