Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 12,808
35 minutes ago, Miaou said:

Yeah the karma is real for some members :rip:

they really need to chill with other artists :rip:

If you think about it from Ari's perspective, her quick droplet single  was the climax of Chromatica era both commercially and hype-wise. 

Pandemic or not and this isn't shade, but in a hypothetical situation Bieber wouldn't let SWU carry his album just cause it went #1 when his last singles didn't.

Now I know ROM was much bigger WW but I still have no idea why they never tried for another hit or something else unique with Chromatica...  I just think on top of everything else, SWU being released two weeks before didn't help at all imo

17 minutes ago, Andreas said:

since you mentioned PI, I found this old pic of her spotify monthly listeners today :rip:

it was at 5M pre PI and now she's at 42M, at least she has a huge improvement

IMG-20160910-170618.jpg

Lady Gaga changes Spotify picture - News and Events - Gaga Daily

Her LEGENDARY RISE

• shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,264
Just now, DeanClownchester said:

I really don't understand coming for girlies who are doing on par or better than us currently but anyway

51Py.gif

positions (single) is holding really well! I’m still really really underwhelmed by the first week sales. But that’s just my opinion of course  

Pop-a-911-ster 31,742

For example ANTI opened with less than 200K SPS in its first week in the US but did 3M+ at the end

So the longevity is really the key 

It’s too early to tell for Positions but so far the album is holding really well

• paws up 1

12 minutes ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

positions (single) is holding really well! I’m still really really underwhelmed by the first week sales. But that’s just my opinion of course  

I thought it would do worse but yes it's holding good so far

10 minutes ago, Miaou said:

For example ANTI opened with less than 200K SPS in its first week in the US but did 3M+ at the end

So the longevity is really the key 

It’s too early to tell for Positions but so far the album is holding really well

Exactly why I don't put too much stock on opening numbers. They're amazing but if the album doesn't hold up you can only go so far. Longevity and good recurrent streams are better indicators that the music is liked

51Py.gif

Popster for Sale 44,660

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight Australia

OT: Midnight Sky rose to #40 with 1,625,842 streams.

It has already 164M streams and it's still extremely stable which is a very good sign. By the end of the year it'll have a minimum of 240M streams, maybe more because the album and the collab with Dua is coming out. I can see this song doing north of 500M when all is said and done.

Her album is supposedly rock infused and I can't wait for it, I think it was such a good decision for her to go in that direction. 

I believe this album will overperform Younger Now by a lot!

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 1

1 hour ago, MANiCURE1295 said:

I’m still really really underwhelmed by the first week sales. But that’s just my opinion of course  

Imagine if Chromatica would have opened with less than Joanne, let alone 170k...we would never hear the end of it by OGHs

Paola Bracho GIFs | Tenor

Pop-a-911-ster 28,924
x3

lol Ava topped US iTunes

Pos Artist and Title   0.3 3.4 6.4 9.3 12.4
Ava Max - Kings & Queens
  1.0000 0.6653 0.6659 0.6862 0.7167

huge celebrations from all the Ava Max fans are coming
Edited by little legend
  • paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,181