Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

I have faith we can snatch some awards

Gaga is nominated for best US ACT agains Taylor, Cardi, Meghan,¡ and Miley. None of them is performing so Gaga is not at a disadvantage.

Best Video is chosen by MTV so there's a chance.

Best Artist is agains Dua, Harry, The Weeknd, Bieber and Miley. As far as I know no one nominated is performing, so we have a chance.

Best song we are against BTS, Dua, Weeknd, Roddy Ricch and DaBaby. Probably BTS had more votes but you never know :ally:

Best collab will probably go to Karol for Tusa since she will be there (and they deserve lets be honest). Sam Smith is nominated but if I'm ready wins tho :awkney:

Best pop will probably go to Little Mix or BTS. Little Mix are presenting in order to get something i guess :shakes:

Biggest fans: no way we're winning, we're not 12 and the way people could vote was very oriented to younger fans.

• paws up 2
  • shook 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
11 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

ENROs4mU8AUKN0e.jpg

yes maybe ROM deserves too, but who do you want it to win?

Icre cream?

https___static.t-cdn.net_5f055626a4cfac0

Intentions?

And Karol G has to wing something since she performs, what do you want her to win, Video Of The Year?

Popster for Sale 57,262

The way Gaga will probably be extending her record as the female artist with the most wins :ally:

Female artists with the most MTV EMAs wins:

Lady Gaga: 10

Britney Spears: 8

Beyoncé: 7

Taylor Swift : 7

Gaga is also the female artist with the most nominations ever with 35, 1 nom away from Emimen who has 36 (34 solo, 2 with a group he apparently belonged to) 

Justin Bieber has the most wins overall with 20 but it's no surprise with the crazy 12 yo beliebers voting like crazy in the early 2010's 

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 1,619
9 minutes ago, Andreu said:

And Karol G has to wing something since she performs, what do you want her to win, Video Of The Year?

Not if they pull a 2018 Grammys :ally:

Edited by derpmonster

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
1 minute ago, derpmonster said:

Not if they pull a 2017 Grammys :ally:

well the EMAs are infamous for rewarding exclusively people who attend, something that doesnt happen at the grammys

cough cough Ed Sheeran winning against us when he didnt even show up cough cough

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

I think Gaga will win one award but I have no clue which. She's the most nominated artist, they won't let lose everything. I don't think she'll get more than one, because I feel the lack of big starts performing will make the awards be more spread out. I feel like Dua, Gaga, The Weeknd, Maluma, Doja etc will all win one award. Maybe BTS will win two, since best fans is a given but I wouldn't mind them getting just that one :ally:

ARTPOPster 1,619
31 minutes ago, Andreu said:

Best Artist is agains Dua, Harry, The Weeknd, Bieber and Miley. As far as I know no one nominated is performing, so we have a chance.

I read this as Best New Artist and was so confused :rip:

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 12,824
Just now, Andreu said:

I don't think she'll get more than one, because I feel the lack of big starts performing will make the awards be more spread out.

Honestly? 

She doesn't deserve more than one. The other performers and artists teams made sure their era was kept going in some capacity or if it flopped started releasing droplets for a new era... Chromatica died months ago and if its because they see the album as a flop they are doing nothing to progress forward :rip:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
2 minutes ago, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Honestly? 

She doesn't deserve more than one. The other performers and artists teams made sure their era was kept going in some capacity or if it flopped started releasing droplets for a new era... Chromatica died months ago and if its because they see the album as a flop they are doing nothing to progress forward :rip:

But this might affect if she deserves the "best artist" award, not if ROM deserves Best Collab (to put an example). But I agree, we can't be mad if we only get one.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

If Spotify combined  original songs and remixes, the chart would look like this

1. Dakiti 7,8M

2. Hawai 7M (3,4 original, 2,6M remix)

3. Mood 6,3

4. Positions 4,9M

5. Lemonade 4,3M