Charts Discussion Thread (911 / Voting Era)

LetsGetHigh

A Popster Is Born 16,279
1 hour ago, Miaou said:

After adding Levitating remix feat. Da Baby, now Dua Lipa added Fever as well at the bottom of Future Nostalgia on iTunes, Spotify, etc. 
So its streams and sales will count to Future Nostalgia on charts as well.

the fraudulence I-:rip:

Watch her add Miley collab too, altho its not her song 💀 I mean half of Debut album streams are coming from songs that aren't hers 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 22,887
1 hour ago, Miaou said:

After adding Levitating remix feat. Da Baby, now Dua Lipa added Fever as well at the bottom of Future Nostalgia on iTunes, Spotify, etc. 
So its streams and sales will count to Future Nostalgia on charts as well.

the fraudulence I-:rip:

It'll be 2070 and she'll still be adding songs to that album

smilega.thumb.jpg.4d9078582c4bd04092f4a7

• lol 5

Pop-a-911-ster 30,343
12 minutes ago, Gypsy Life said:

Scooter sending 34+35 to radio and putting it at #1 on TTH to give miss Adrianna back to back #1 debuts only for it to miss the top 5

I love happy endings

4 minutes ago, Delusional said:

No offence but y’all would be begging miss Gaga to add new tracks to Chromatica just like Dua and then when she wouldn’t - y’all would blame Bobby and Interscope and the poor gay intern who only applied to get leaks

spacer.png

#AddTheCuretoJoanne2020

• paws up 2
  • lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,343

Dakiti had the 4th biggest debut of all time on Spotify Spain and Bad Bunny's first ever debut with more than 600k in the country. He has 5/10 songs with the biggest debuts ever and all of them are songs released this year.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,789
33 minutes ago, Delusional said:

No offence but y’all would be begging miss Gaga to add new tracks to Chromatica just like Dua and then when she wouldn’t - y’all would blame Bobby and Interscope and the poor gay intern who only applied to get leaks

spacer.png

Tea. OGH try to say she's fraudulent and payola'd and it couldn't be further from the truth.. 

But the thing is everyone says Chromatica is a flop, but pop is flopping in general. Loads of albums in 2020 have been called flops... Dua's team literally have had everything at their disposal to keep the album going.

If Dua got the Gaga treatment for FN, I'm sure the singles would still do well, but not at the streams they're at, and I think the album would be barely out performing Chromatica.

Other artists release random droplets waiting to see if one will smash or collecting pre streams.... Others release deluxe or new songs. Others flop and go into hiding. Chromatica literally got an Apple deal song that was never gonna smash, her album delayed, and then 1 collab that was also mishandled slightly (being removed from TTH before BMH and SWU) 

With all that in mind, we should actually see that Gaga isn't doing that bad. It's ust frustrating that everything has stopped. She really should try to get another hit and do a deluxe and Chromatica to box off the era, and it will be very solid commercially. 

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 12,789
6 minutes ago, Delusional said:

Love Me Right is her last chance along with a deluxe release on streaming

I think if she doesn't have other songs then yes, however, if she has chance to do a deluxe and put it on Spotify rather than the Target version - she should maximise her potential by doing 3 new songs altogether. Love Me Right sounds like an ASIB pop song and they all have low streams compared to any of the ballads - she could go for something stronger. 

But I think will happen is she will do a re release over a deluxe and that'll have much better effect commercially. I think Chromatica is supposed to be consumed the way it is, that's why Babylon was changed and fits perfectly as like a theatrical closer 

original.gif

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 12,789
4 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

The post-rolling effect payola still going hard :shakes:

Hope this won’t bomb on callouts and serve a ME!SS

I am surprised she's got two songs back to back playing 

This should've been Sour Candy rollout lol (jk it's hard enough to get 1 gaga song playing on US radio) 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,566
5 minutes ago, gagaxuan said:

Wait so the drop in Position's second day Spotify number is kinda huge right?

Yeah definitely not a good sign. Serving Chromatica which for Ariana at her peak is not great. 

Also shocking that a collab with The Weeknd is doing 2,5M on it's second day... Clearly this album wasn't adored by fans and critics alike.

Edited by zcasx
  • paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,566

My prediction: This Ariana album will do well obviously but be a little frontloaded, but she either will change her image and sound to regain commercial appeal or keep going down this road of r&b and stop getting hits but keeping her core fanbase and critical praise down the line. There's a lot of success fans that flock away once a mainstream pop artist is out of their peak - f.i. artpop, katy perry etc.

• paws up 1

12 minutes ago, Fame Romance said:

Wait...

Monster by Gaga re-enters the top 200 of UK Spotify at #190!!

@Artur we won!! 

Imagine if Monster would have been the 4th single, it would go back to doing 1m+ daily streams every year around Halloween, likely being another 400M+ streamed track on spotify for Gaga :bradley:

• paws up 2

6 minutes ago, zcasx said:

My prediction: This Ariana album will do well obviously but be a little frontloaded, but she either will change her image and sound to regain commercial appeal or keep going down this road of r&b and stop getting hits but keeping her core fanbase and critical praise down the line. There's a lot of success fans that flock away once a mainstream pop artist is out of their peak - f.i. artpop, katy perry etc.

Ariana's advantage is that she can put out another album fast and easy so if she wants to shake up her sound, then she can easily do so before she completely declines. They just have to market it so she isn't overexposed and she doesn't get "canceled" for anything dumb.

4 minutes ago, artgagapop said:

Imagine if Monster would have been the 4th single, it would go back to doing 1m+ daily streams every year around Halloween, likely being another 400M+ streamed track on spotify for Gaga :bradley:

Yet another lost opportunity! :dean_scream:

• paws up 2

2 minutes ago, DeanClownchester said:

Yet another lost opportunity! :dean_scream:

imagine debuting Monster as a single during the 2010 VMAs, revealing the meat dress during the performance and a MV dropping the day after, another #1 smash me thinks :dean_scream:

• paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 12,789

The fact that folkore and now positions will fall off charts WW quicker than Chromatica makes you realise Chromatica was actually well rounded. Folkore had no hit and good debut but stability in English speaking countries. Positions has a hit, but it won't be as strong as ROM with its peaks and certs spread, and the album may not chart as long in terrories

Gaga has the peaks, spread of certs, global hit. The only thing is the lack of longevity. But she's more well rounded overall I think. 

giphy.gif

Edited by ItsGenuineGuy09
  • paws up 5